Ultimate Subaru Message Board

04 fxt

bratman18

So I know I haven't posted pics yet, but I will!! I got my K&N Typhoon Short Ram intake today. I immediately installed it. It's great! I now have actual turbo sound with blow off!! And it actually runs much smoother, and spools faster!! I noticed a huge difference, much more than I thought I would. I'll get pics soon!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE! I love the forester XT's...What other mods are you planning? Are you tuned?

No tune yet, but I plan on going stage 2. I have a Maddad whisper axleback right now, and then just the new intake. But I plan on a DP in the near future, and an STi intercooler, if I can find a decent deal on one!! I am also getting a Seibon STi carbon fiber hood scoop this weekend, for a very good price, couldn't pass it up!!!

You could always pirate the ECU with Romraider..Thats what I've done on the WRX, however it takes a lot of knowledge to properly tune..lol..I'm still learning..:lol:

Yeah, I would just like to get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. I'm really new to this turbo stuff. I've been following it for a long time, but this is my first turbo car.

BTW, your last post was 1,234:lol:

You're welcome. Friday afternoon maybe? This weekend? I can't wait to see it!

I have a pretty decent camera too, so we could get more pics.

I will unfortunately be gone this weekend, and most of next:-\ But after next weekend, I will be free for a week, my wife and daughter are taking a trip, so maybe sometime that week?!?! I'd love to get some decent pics!! And I can take you for a spin as well:grin:

I will unfortunately be gone this weekend, and most of next:-\ But after next weekend, I will be free for a week, my wife and daughter are taking a trip, so maybe sometime that week?!?! I'd love to get some decent pics!! And I can take you for a spin as well:grin:

Yea, sometime that week would probably work! And a ride sounds awesome!! :banana:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dude that looks disgusting..In a really good way...:grin: One hell of a sleeper...;) Imagine being rolled on by an unsuspecting Subaru Forester...:lol:

Thanks!! Yeah it goes real good, and handles awesome with the WRX struts/STi springs combo. And no more wheelies when I gun it!! I will soon be going stage 1 for now, and then in the spring, I have a set of Forester STi wheels being held for me, and I'll get a down pipe and go stage 2!!! Can't wait

When you passed today my mouth just dropped and I said WOW... haha. My little sister asked me "who were you waving to in the weird car?" :lol:

Haha that's awesome!! Yeah a lot of people just look at it, like wtf?!? But I love it! I can fit tons of stuff in it, and go real fast at the same time:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So a new addition.....

100_1249.jpg

I was going to do an opensource tune, but this was easier. I would have had to have someone come do the open source tune for me, but this I can do by myself. I have already installed the stage 1 tune, and man what a difference!! Pulls a lot harder, and its much smoother. I just have to get a down pipe and then I can go stage 2!! Can't wait

• 2 weeks later...