Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I remember reading that there are a couple of o-rings on the 2.2 that are not on the 2.5.

I am going to be doing a T belt/WP/bearing replacement on my sons first car (96 2.2 legacy)

I think I remember that the drivers side cam shaft seal is in a housing?...and there is an o-ring on it? is that right?

And I think I read somewhere that there is an o-ring on the back side of the passenger head...? what is it there for?

Can anyone confirm? I have all my parts from 1st suby (thanks Jon!)...but I need some stuff for my 2002 2.5 and thought I better get these o-rings (I despise paying the stealership)

thanks guys

You are correct on the location of the Orings.

They disappeared by 99 it seems. But are on 97 2.2's.

Give your Subaru parts supplier your vin# - they should be able to tell you if the engine has them or not.

If you know what you're looking for you can just look. Or look here or Endwrench for pics of lets say a 95 2.2. Those engines definately have the Orings.

3 cam Orings?

they come 2 to a pack, front of drivers side cam, rear of passenger side cam.

Oil pump Oring?

Where is the third Oring? We're talking the lets say 2" thin Orings?

I believe I'm missing something.

What year engine? I just reread and don't believe I saw it mentioned.

thats right no oring on passenger side cam only the seal

You shouldn't make that statement.

We still don't know the year of the engine (must be a secret?).

But if they have the Oring on the drivers side front it has the one on the passenger side rear. In my experience them have neither or both, not just one. I realize that I could be worng. But I do quite a few of these - what years only has the one on the drivers side - I havan't come across it yet?

thats right no oring on passenger side cam only the seal

Guess I mis-understood this statement making it sound like there was only one Oring.

I have seen Orings on a 97 2.2 - actually several - just FYI. One Impreza(don't do many Impreza's) and several Legacy's.

Guess I mis-understood this statement making it sound like there was only one Oring.

I have seen Orings on a 97 2.2 - actually several - just FYI. One Impreza(don't do many Impreza's) and several Legacy's.

Dave - he's saying the same thing you are - there are orings - just not front passengers side. they are located on the rear passengers side and front drivers side. all pre99 EJ22's are the same in this regard.

pardon my mistake about this!

yeah i guess some of the 97s do have the Orings too hmmmm thats new info to me

You shouldn't make that statement.

We still don't know the year of the engine (must be a secret?).

But if they have the Oring on the drivers side front it has the one on the passenger side rear. In my experience them have neither or both, not just one. I realize that I could be worng. But I do quite a few of these - what years only has the one on the drivers side - I havan't come across it yet?

Dave

2nd line of my initial post...'96

thanks to all for the help...love this board!