Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new 1981 brat!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he's very reasonable. I'll try and dig up his name and number for you.

Don't hate, appreciate.:lol:

Wait till the paint job is finished. I hope to have this thing finished by the end of the month.

Poop,

Is your upholstory guy reasonable? I could use a good/reasonable upholstorer.

The BRAT looks awesome........I now hate you too.

following your project with great interest. you have made trememdous progress in very short order and I look forward to your new posts.

It is particularly interesting to see that you have embraced the uniqueness of the 81 model year and are pursuing a restoration. I too have an 81 (even the same color) and conversely have found that which distinguishes the car from other years to be a source of frustration since parts can be so hard to find. By way of example i am just now converting the unique 4 speed to a 5 speed.

Best of luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...
Well it's getting close to being finished. I still need a gas peddle. Maybe I'll post something in the wanted section.

Here are a few photos of what I have so far.

dsc04591z.jpg

dsc04592a.jpg

:slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber:

Gawd its orgasmically clean...

How much cleaning and painting did you have to do?

How much engine cleaner did you have to use?

Can you do my car? :rolleyes:

Twitch

PS: I HATE YOU :grin:

I just picked this up for $400 last night. I have plans to fix her up real good. It runs and drives. I'm very excided to have the only year gen 1 BRAT that came with the EA81 running gear. I'll post photos of the progress along the way.

Here are some as it sits now.

:banana:

That is awesome!

-Daniel

Ya, I'm still digging around for the business card. As soon as I find it I'll post the information. Also I'll need to get that weber from you when you're ready to get rid of the motor and carb.

sounds good. do you know a good Subaru guru near us that can remove the 2.5 heads and manifold on my 2.2 engine and install new heads and manifold. oh and while they are at it maybe install the 2.2 in my brat :lol: i have the harness and adapter plate.heck they can even put my 4 speed manual transmission and rear diff in also .... i don't know anything about engine building and less about how to wire up the 2.2. harness , the sooner i can get this done the sooner i can get the ea81 engine and Weber to you ! i was thinking about calling fixmysuby.com or another local shop but don't know if they do that kind of work.

thermal

Sure, I have a ton of them just laying around.:lol:

arf arf .... well what I meant was maybe if you're a business and want to make some more money .... that sort of thing. :rolleyes: Personally I'd pay the money to have someone do it if reasonable. Time I do not have. Someone who's set up already and has a jar of the blue on the shelf would easily make some money off of my account.

I didn't read who shot your paint and assumed you did it.

arf arf .... well what I meant was maybe if you're a business and want to make some more money .... that sort of thing. :rolleyes: Personally I'd pay the money to have someone do it if reasonable. Time I do not have. Someone who's set up already and has a jar of the blue on the shelf would easily make some money off of my account.

I didn't read who shot your paint and assumed you did it.

oh yes I do. I can do this for you. Just send me whatever you want painted and I'll shoot it for you. I'll shoot each item for $15.00 per item. (sound good?):)

Here is the information for the Upholstery shop I used:

Tharp Custom Upholstery

Daniel Tharp

He's on the corner of SE Woodstock & 91st ave. Portland, Oregon

Don't just stop by. You'll need to call first to set up an appointment.

He's a super nice guy and does great work.

Here is the information for the Upholstery shop I used:

Tharp Custom Upholstery

Daniel Tharp

He's on the corner of SE Woodstock & 91st ave. Portland, Oregon

Don't just stop by. You'll need to call first to set up an appointment.

He's a super nice guy and does great work.

The fact that he is busy enough to not have enough time for people just to stop in (and the pictures of the final result) sure adds to reasoning that he is good. Hmmm wonder if he could convert my baja seat to a legacy seat....