Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 lug conversion

The way i did my 6 lug conversion was I frist drilled the hubs with a 9/16 bit? I think that was it. I had too grind down some of the sides of the studs to make them fit better. Then i actually ran it for atleast 500 miles with studs loose in the drilled holes. It does fine aslong as the lugs are tight. Once i got my welder and be came comfortable with it, i pulled my hubs off, bolted them to the wheel, then filled in the low spots and put a bead around the studs. One can argue which is better (drilling the hub or rim), but im just stating that this way worked fine. I probably would have drilled the rims, except the style of yota wheels i got could not be drilled right. I don't think i would try to grind the hub itself down, just because the metal is pretty hard.

my example was to use chevy 6 lug rims, like on 1/2 ton 140mmx6

what i did was use a soob hub, pop out 2 opposite studs, and then bult it to the rim. then i used the hub to drill through the rim, and i uses 21mm lug nuts, that still have the subaru m12 1.25 thread, and 60 deg seat. i had to grind away the center of the rim to fit the hub

there are other rims that will work, toyotas and such. im sure someoner can tell you about those.

but i say use a rim that is suitable to drill through, if you go that route

http://www.warpthree.com/milesfox/88sedan/cwdata/88sedanwheel.html

http://www.warpthree.com/milesfox/87rx/cwdata/RXDoorsOpen.html

trench1.jpg