Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber swap woes

So, here goes another (the same) problem with my wagon.

Still won't run right after doing a weber swap. It ran ok before on the hitachi. Then I ran into some problems with it not wanting to run. Took it to a shop where they informed me that it had a vacuum leak somewhere and that they would rebuild it for 300 bucks. Instead they turned up the idle, so that it wouldn't die on me. So i ran it like that for about 6 months before i finally had all the stuff i needed to do the weber swap.

It hasn't run right since.

Is there a good write up somewhere (with pictures) so i could go back over my work and check to make sure i did everything right?

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75986

this link doesnt work

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49931

and this one doesn't have pictures

and if anyone has any ideas, or an insurance claim and napalm, feel free to mock me in my despair :)

It's freshly rebuilt with new jets, so it's gotta be a vacuum leak. I just don't know where. I sprayed the base of the carb with brake cleaner and nothing happened. If someone could point out the major leak areas, it would be appreciated!

Edited by Markus56

You said you had the same problem w/other carb on it. Another thought, have you checked for a vacuum leak where the intake bolts to the heads? Your sure you've capped off all the un-needed ports on the manifold? What about the EGR gasket or the EGR valve, when was it cleaned? Not mocking you, just double checking your trouble shooting as its easy to over look something.

Ed

Edited by Uncle Ed