Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hydro-lifter engine @ Foster LKQ Portland, OR

ferox

Just thought I would let Portland people know there is an silver '85 ea81 hatch 4WD (213K) in good condition at the Foster LKQ with hydro lifter heads. Not that big-a-deal but it would be a shame for them to get crushed. If I wasn't going to EJ my hatch I would have picked them up myself. It also still has the 4MT that shifted through the gears fine, doesn't look beat up at all.

The heads are not different. You would have to pull the entire engine as it is mostly the block that is different. The casting allows the removal of the lifters without splitting the bock. The rocker are assemblies and the hollow steel pushrods are the other differences.

Also if it was not wrecked it might have serious issues. Hard to tell though. These really aren't uncommon in the yards here but it is half price weekend and all....

GD

The heads are not different. You would have to pull the entire engine as it is mostly the block that is different. The casting allows the removal of the lifters without splitting the bock. The rocker are assemblies and the hollow steel pushrods are the other differences.
Oh yeah, duh. Didn't really think about it past the gold stickers on the valve covers.

These really aren't uncommon in the yards here but it is half price weekend and all....
For some reason they did not do their traditional 50% off this weekend. Instead it's free admission...whoopee...and 25% off glass.