Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ-22 swap, Project Loyale

cmiller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Really nice build! I wish mine could be done this well...

I have two questions for you.

Where did you get those big D-rings and brackets to weld to your bumper.

And, where did you get those tires for a 14" rim?

I got the bumper from HTI here on the USMB. It came with the D-rings welded on.

The tires are from Americas Tire Company but any BFG dealer should be able to get the All-Terrains in 14" wheel size.

I got the bumper from HTI here on the USMB. It came with the D-rings welded on.

The tires are from Americas Tire Company but any BFG dealer should be able to get the All-Terrains in 14" wheel size.

Thanks! HTI makes nice stuff, I bet he made those mounts himself for D-rings.

This last weekend I got the National Luna Dual Battery kit installed and began to wire up the custom switch panel for the accessories.

picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=3314

picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=3313

The switch panel is back lit green and hooked up to the dash dimmer so it lights up when the headlights turn on. The switches also have a green LED to indicate on. I got the panel from http://www.gaugeplates.com/index.php They will make anything you need and have lots of options for you. Very well made and quick turnaround!

Edited by cmiller

This last weekend I got the National Luna Dual Battery kit installed and began to wire up the custom switch panel for the accessories.

Do you have the batteries isolated?

Are you're lights and accessories all on the extra battery?

I recently got an isolator out of an R.V. I want it set up so that i can run lights and battery with engine off, and not pull from the primary (starting)battery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah, it really takes alot of unnecessary monkeying around with different fittings and crap to get a proper oil pressure read using the factory EA82 guage and sender unit. See the silver threaded plugs? The EA82 oil pressure sender threads right in there. I'm sure one could get an oil temp on there as well. Its obviously really easy to install and makes for a tidy fit and look. I think its a must for any EA to EJ swap. :)

I just threw one of these on my EJ22 on the stand:clap:

Edited by kanurys

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Scoobyclimbs' help I got the 90amp alternator swap done today. Makes the dual battery system much happier compared to the 70amps I had before. The alternator I used came from a 2002 Legacy Outback 2.5L and dropped right in. All we had to do was splice in the correct harness plugs to go with the new alternator. Works like a champ!

Edited by cmiller

looks great,my only concern is the D rings on the rear bumper arn't meant for recovery just for tie downs.I don't know if you have had to use them yet,but I thought I would throw that out.For recovery you want shackles mounted as securely as possible to something solid.

either type will work but you can use more weld to mount the shackles than you can with the d ring.