Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Drove my subi boot looks like someone got mad and sliced it with a knife. I go threw those like flipen candy.lol..... and I'm just learning how to use usmb so bare with me if I post stuff in the wrong arias. Still usin the bfs profile :banana:

shiesty dallas roads took my fogs from me... :-\ both of them. :mad:

and yeah my dogs are

EJ - mother was pit/father was Jack Russel terrier 7 months old (he is liver aka yellow eyes and fur and lacking pigment on nose and ears)

Frau - AKC German shepherd - 11 weeks old (typical German shepherd colors)

IMAG0072.jpg

IMG_20110611_122949.jpg

Edited by Ricearu

replaced evap solenoid and knock sensor with junkyard parts and glazed the bad spots on my 15" outback wheels, then primed them. Now, for final primer sand and paint! if the weather and relatively low humidity hold this evening.

Put a new oil fill neck o-rings in in both my '95 and my '96, old ones were so hard they snapped during removal. No more oil leaks there. Put a new oil pressure sensor in my '95, no more oil leak there either. Finally, put new plugs and wires in the '95 and to my shock I found the current plugs to be in finger tight! Needless to say the car runs much better and has more guts, the previous owner was a real gem!

Replaced the rear cat converter on my 87 GL 4WD wagon today. It had developed a really annoying rattle in the exhaust, especially when just warming up, that would quiet down when exhaust was hot. Pulled the rear pipe with cat, shook it hard & the biscuit came loose inside. :eek:

Cheaply made cats just don't last. The biscuit was so loose it turned sideways inside the body.

Chopped it out right next to the cat body. Replaced it with a Magnaflow 91004 (same length+width+depth as original but 2" in & out). The 91004 has only one heat shield so I liberated one from the old cat, tack welded that to the new cat. :) Aligned everything in the exhaust, tacked it together then removed the assembly for final welding. Put assembly back in, checked alignment so nothing hits & cinched down the hardware.

Found out later that the Magnaflow 38104 will also work for this application.

No more noises like chicken bones in the garbage disposal.:rolleyes:

Edited by czny
more info

Replaced the rear cat converter on my 87 GL 4WD wagon today.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the 80's models only had one cat converter - at the Y-pipe junction. At least that is what my 89 GL had (and the 89 GL DR 4whl dr and the 88 GL 3 dr, and every other Subaru from that era I have ever seen)

after that there should be a resonator and a muffler - not another cat. :confused:

Time to pull some codes ? :grin:

I fixed the CEL, it was a broken vac line at the charcoal canister. And the ABS light is because the fuse for the windshield wipers blew while driving in the rain. And that was the least important fuse to steal.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the 80's models only had one cat converter - at the Y-pipe junction. At least that is what my 89 GL had (and the 89 GL DR 4whl dr and the 88 GL 3 dr, and every other Subaru from that era I have ever seen)

after that there should be a resonator and a muffler - not another cat. :confused:

This 87 California SPFI EA82 GL d/r has TWO cats, one at the Y behind the engine & a 2nd cat just behind the trans.

It also has the "light truck" category emissions sticker under the hood - a term rendered meaningless by the newest emissions laws here.

This 87 California SPFI EA82 GL d/r has TWO cats, one at the Y behind the engine & a 2nd cat just behind the trans.

It also has the "light truck" category emissions sticker under the hood - a term rendered meaningless by the newest emissions laws here.

Ok, cali spec is a bit different...especially to those of us in the midwest. :grin:

thank you for the clarification.

noticed my car is overheating more now.. not sure how a engine lift is going to fit in a sedan if I have to take this other car...

Car stumbled after I moved the fluid back over to the radiator would I would guess mean coolant is getting into the cylinders now.