Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I put 800 miles on it going to Florida and back.....

Once I wear out the current tires, I will put on a set of stock WRX wheels I picked up off a buddy for $50. The best part is that they are totally straight. Just some minor curb damage to fix.

Cleaned off most of the moss, tabbed and titled. Finally got around to installing the drive shaft, tested 4Lo :lol:

Beat out a few dents and got the headlight bezel for the drivers side installed

Just need to adjust some bumper mounts and I'll be road worthy again.

Got some fun bits for my EA82T Sedan recently. Along with a full standalone ECU, this stuff is on the agenda.

soob_11.jpg

Hopefully you also have the bottom portion of that spider intake. If not, you'll need to find one from a spider intake as they are special to them. You can either find the extremely rare turbo one or find an NA one to match your intake (as the turbo spider intakes had an EGR valve on the driver side) and put a water fitting into the coolant passage that goes over the engine block. I put a brass fitting into the passage but unfortunately the walls of said passage is very thin so I JB Welded the fitting into the passage but never had any issues with it leaking.

Also, you'll want to reclock the TB 90* if you're going to be using a factory WRX/STi intercooler as the recirc valve will hit the throttle linkage.

I cleaned the Cal Masters on my car in hopes to get them sold soon :banana:

Also, been looking on other forums since I found out my youtube video of my exhaust was "as seen on...." and checked out the forum it was posted on, turns out, the poster of that thread found my car elsewhere. Guess Ned is one popular little rig!

In the past week I have done the following to my 1996 Brighton

-Put the proper upper radiator mounts in

-Added a coolant overflow tank

-Painted Tom's hood from black, white & orange to a red that is closer to the car's color

-Bought and mounted some early 90s Subaru snowflake wheels with good Widetrack SR tires (no more terrible steering wheel shake!)

-Completely replaced all of the rear brake lines from under the back seat up to and including the rear wheel cylinders

-Replaced the missing stick shift centering spring

-Added a tachometer and proper 140 mph speedo

-Ordered my pedal switches to complete the addition of cruise control

Brighton002.jpg

Brighton001.jpg

Brighton003.jpg

Rolled Ruby Scoo over this:

p6300317.jpg

^ This is kilometres - which I think is about ~277k miles.

Hopefully I'll see the very golden half million k's.

I've also picked up a bonnet scoop from a vortex - idea being to reverse mount it to make vent that will help remove some heat from the engine bay easier on those hot days while slugging through deep sand :D That's the idea anyway. I'm thinking of making a mould from the original unit, cutting to size and making a new vent that will fit between the ridge lines on the bonnet for a better fit. Here's a pic of the unit roughly where I want to mount it:

p7010323.jpg

I want to make a scoop under the bonnet that will have a vent louver on it to stop air flow in the colder times of the year. This under vent will also collect water and drain it away from the engine if all goes well.

Cheers

Bennie

Rolled Ruby Scoo over this:

p6300317.jpg

At first I thought going 110mph is a loyale. holy shift that's scary... Then I noticed it didn't have kms on the inside, and it said km in big white letters. haha.

It's looking good! I like blue and red... mine is red with some blue parts. hah

front outback twin pot calipers/turned rotors

new(er) rear disks with good (non flaky rust) rotors cleaned and prepped

all calipers cleaned and painted red (rust preventer):grin:

new hawk brake pads all around

new valvoline brake fluid in flush

stops on dimes and looks good through the OBL wheels!

IMG_20110703_192812.jpg

IMG_20110703_192914.jpg

IMG_20110703_192823.jpg

IMG_20110703_192833.jpg

front outback twin pot calipers/turned rotors

new(er) rear disks with good (non flaky rust) rotors cleaned and prepped

all calipers cleaned and painted red (rust preventer):grin:

new hawk brake pads all around

new valvoline brake fluid in flush

stops on dimes and looks good through the OBL wheels!

I was thinking of doing this as well! Do the calipers and rotors bolt up to the first gen lego hubs? I have a 97 Gt I have been taking all the parts off from :grin:

I was thinking of doing this as well! Do the calipers and rotors bolt up to the first gen lego hubs? I have a 97 Gt I have been taking all the parts off from :grin:

yes they will. But you will need the caliper bracket to do this. Also, if you are running 14" wheels, the rotor or the Caliper will hit.

yes they will. But you will need the caliper bracket to do this. Also, if you are running 14" wheels, the rotor or the Caliper will hit.

Okay good to know. I have 15" wheels now, and I'm getting 16's so that's no big deal. I have everything as far as the brakes, so this is happening!

check pepboys for the pads. they are closing out all hawk brake pads so mine cost me 21 for the fronts and 16 for the rears :banana:

also last night i fixed my "jdm" tail lights with red spray. pep boys had RED VHT Niteshades. FTW!

IMG_20110703_212546.jpg

IMG_20110703_212557.jpg

Now I need to paint the center panel to match... :slobber:

and yes the brake parts bolt right up. :)

If someone wants to mod their Subaru I can get you some Euro glass headlights and taillights and ship them from Iceland. USD $400 headlights with corners incl. shipping for any Subaru. I have all kinds of lights and I can get all kinds of them :P Throw me a PM if you want me to get something for you. To save you the time, no, I cannot get you foglights for 1gen Legacy ;)

I have Subaru Loyale '85 -'91 headlights without those annoying pins too :D

Also have corners for Loyale that are not flat... http://www.reallyloud.co.uk/scrapyard/subaru_1800.jpg

Edited by KristjanJohann

my roommate needs a RHD 90-98 legacy steering rack REALLY BAD. its undrivable and the dealer wants a pile of money for a new one. when I say a pile of money i mean it.:eek:

Unfortunalty we are LHD in Iceland, you should order this from UK, Great Britain England, can probably find something online.