Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Repainted the hatch on my lego.

to this

3-29.jpg

Looks nice!

I finished putting the PandaWagon back together, it lives again!:banana: Installed my scanner antenna and added the pigtail so I have AM/FM radio again. Probably won't use it often, but it will be available if needs be.

Thats to the help of Backwoodsboy, darlingchip, hatchsub, subeman90, Hocrest and Subbyru89 .. L.B. ...my 83 GL-10 coupe now has a 52k mile tranny!! Not more tricky crunchy 3rd gear.. Took him for his first spin with the tranny..paired up with that amazing motor from subaru360..and lets just say... L.B. hauls!.. Now i just need a weekend or 2 where i dont have to work to finish putting him back together.

nobody should have to suffer that bad.

lol the way the auto shifts is stupid.. like it hangs between gears so if I make a turn and I'm coming out of the turn the car slams into gear.

I can't wait with my new clutch and all :D Sucks I did not have time to check out my 5th gear.. I hope to do so by the end of the month.

Home from GDs.

Got new inner tie-rods from Discount Import for 25.02 because RockAuto sent me 1986 GL Hatch (EA81) inner tie rods (female) and tie-rod ends (not as curved). Probably my fault for not double and triple checking :-/

Ned has new inner tie-rods :) drove really nicely. Steering wheel isnt straight now (probably my mistake?) :confused: but seemed great. New alignment next week. Passenger wheel bearing done too, driver side probably tomorrow.

Thats to the help of Backwoodsboy, darlingchip, hatchsub, subeman90, Hocrest and Subbyru89 .. L.B. ...my 83 GL-10 coupe now has a 52k mile tranny!! Not more tricky crunchy 3rd gear.. Took him for his first spin with the tranny..paired up with that amazing motor from subaru360..and lets just say... L.B. hauls!.. Now i just need a weekend or 2 where i dont have to work to finish putting him back together.

I will be most interested to see that car back on the road. It has been far to long.

.....I miss driving my car I've been stuck with an automatic (a 95 ford taurus at that) all week

I understand. When my first Suby lost it's first timing belt, I had to drive my parents taurus wagon for 2 weeks while I waited for the belts. Yeah, those taurus trannys shift funny. I nicknamed it "The SloshMobile".:lol:

I understand. When my first Suby lost it's first timing belt, I had to drive my parents taurus wagon for 2 weeks while I waited for the belts. Yeah, those taurus trannys shift funny. I nicknamed it "The SloshMobile".:lol:

I've been DDing my legacy auto for a while now. It's a treat to cruise around in my GL. Missing the stick. The auto is nice though... I can eat breakfast, drink a cup of tea, and drive in traffic with my knees with ease :lol:

Got my motor back in and car starts but I got this weird steam coming from the passenger side timing belt cover area.. also the car sounds funny when giving it sharp throttle I'm not sure if it's because the coil pack got wet during the thunderstorm since I did not have the plugs connected.

But it does start and run!