Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I know I have said this before, but I love your wagon.

Thanks dude.

We went for another day hike with the pooch again today. And since the hound dog decided to chase after some deer for what was probably more than 5 miles, we were out much longer than expected. Silly dog was AWOL for more than an hour.... I was certainly a bit worried.

Anywho... our destination was Mineral Mtn, at McCrosley State Park

About 16 inches of snow at the top. This was half way down... Even still, the ruts were 12" inches deep. And a bit wide for the subaru :D

snowRU02.jpg

After examining, confirming, testing a bunch of wires, still no glove box, ecm light or door switches. However, a few extra lights (for a '85 Brat) now..

Unused cruise control +12v makes for a convenient fused hot, also, a rear deflector shield (okay, rear defrost) switch has a powered harness connector right there. Lights up the info car, another switched power*, no cuts, just banana plugs and crimped lugs..

*Usually you would use the Subie power to flip a more robust relay for whatever high powered gadget you may be adding. Technique varies.

I have also found that my collection of Namco wiring harnesses for 80's arcade games have given me a lot of oem-looking interconnects to repurpose. :)

dashy.jpg

subtle.

Replaced timing belts & tensioners, front engine oil seals, power steering return hose, coolant & oil etc on my 86 XT Turbo. Fortunately, I didn't have any issues with the steel bolts in aluminum threads.

j4Qik.jpg

Original oil seals and power steering return hose = this

UQPe2.jpg

Bought a new clutch kit, coolant, and stuff associated with changing out a clutch.

New rear brake pads, mine aren't worn out, but getting thin.

And I need to rent an engine crane this weekend....

And I have a hunch I have a front wheel bearing talking to me...

I'm going to be eating noodles for a while :|

well this is goin to be a long list...

87 gl-10 turbo 5spd dual range ft/4wd wagon very very clean.(for alaska anyways!) 241k orig miles

my camera is broken atm.srry :)

1.rear diff swap/new rear c/vs

2.new exhaust

3.new rear wheel bearings(fix them when you have the chance! doing them later sucks.i had a parts car so it wasnt that bad)

4.like 20-30 little interior peices that needed work(new ignition, door locks.door panels parts etc.)

5.new white wall studs

6. both front c/vs

7.rear transmission output seal

8.new brakes all the way around

9.full tune up

10.full stereo with 1000watt amp alpine type r 10 inch sub and type s speakers in the doors

11.lots of other stuff little stuff. lights, ALL OF THEM! lol, thermostat,fuses,side view mirror etc..

And all of this while driving the car every day since i got it. (I've put almost 4k miles on it!) which was like october 20 something id have to look at the title.

Its a work in progress but all the main parts and body are sound

anyways thats what I've done to my soobie recently!

Edited by AKghandi

well this is goin to be a long list...

87 gl-10 turbo 5spd dual range ft/4wd wagon very very clean.(for alaska anyways!) 241k orig miles

my camera is broken atm.srry :)

1.rear diff swap/new rear c/vs

2.new exhaust

3.new rear wheel bearings(fix them when you have the chance! doing them later sucks.i had a parts car so it wasnt that bad)

4.like 20-30 little interior peices that needed work(new ignition, door locks.door panels parts etc.)

5.new white wall studs

6. both front c/vs

7.rear transmission output seal

8.new brakes all the way around

9.full tune up

10.full stereo with 1000watt amp alpine type r 10 inch sub and type s speakers in the doors

11.lots of other stuff little stuff. lights, ALL OF THEM! lol, thermostat,fuses,side view mirror etc..

And all of this while driving the car every day since i got it. (I've put almost 4k miles on it!) which was like october 20 something id have to look at the title.

Its a work in progress but all the main parts and body are sound

anyways thats what I've done to my soobie recently!

you lazy slacker!:D

I um...uuuh.....let's see here, um....put on new windshield wipers! :burnout:

hi guys i have been away for some time iam back . i have repainted which i tell you is fun especially when you have to sand down the body filler to even out the dents i learnt alot about preparation .my subaru gl 10 had my rear springs stretched after missing rear coil spring replacement i hope that they will hold on for a short time while i source some heavy duty coil springs. the oil pump seal needs to be replaced together with the water pump seal since the thermostat is giving eratic readings.

otherwise working on my loyale is very satisfying and i keep learning something new

removed the LGT stock wheels.

Installed my spare 94SS wheels, which have freshly mounted Winterforce snow tires. I scored the set of 4 snows on craigs for 100 bucks, and my friend mounted them yesterday

DSCF0034-1.jpg?t=1322772026

DSCF0035.jpg?t=1322772020

changed oil in my 94SS. It hadn't been changed in almost a year...no worries, only 2800 since changed last. Car has been in storage most that year.

today. i got the most important part of gaining ground clearance...5 14inch steel pugs with 175/75r14s. and for only $125....SCORE!!!!! 1bdwgn< this will be the lic plate soon... muahahahahahahhaahahahah.. im going to be somewhat spamming this post in the next few weeks.. i got alot of things left to do.. aside from body work.. that will have to wait till summer

my starter went out, so I pulled it out of the car and am waiting until Saturday to go to the wrecking yard and get another one.

on another note, I got to try out my new (to me) tire machine, I mounted some tires for Rugby_subie, I can't balance anything yet, I have a wheel balancer but am waiting on buying some wheel weights for it, but hey, DIY tire mounting is bound to save a few bucks, and even more bucks saved when I get weights for the balancer :D

if anyone local wants some tire work done, hit me up, heck, I'd even do it for free just to be abe to play with my tire machine :D

my starter went out, so I pulled it out of the car and am waiting until Saturday to go to the wrecking yard and get another one. ...

I Kindly suggest you to take it for Service, The Carbon contacts worn with age and that makes any starter to Fail... Clik... Clik... and Nothing.

If you change those carbon contacts and Lightly Lube its inner shaft, You'll have an almost Brand New Starter again and in my own humble opinion, that way is better than just swap the old one with another old one, both with worn carbon contacts...

Kind Regards.

removed the LGT stock wheels.

Installed my spare 94SS wheels, which have freshly mounted Winterforce snow tires. I scored the set of 4 snows on craigs for 100 bucks, and my friend mounted them yesterday

DSCF0034-1.jpg?t=1322772026

DSCF0035.jpg?t=1322772020

changed oil in my 94SS. It hadn't been changed in almost a year...no worries, only 2800 since changed last. Car has been in storage most that year.

To bad it has that little bit of rust starting on the quarterpannel. Nice looking car.