Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

finished wiring my new hid projector kit, and tested it out... they are amazingly brighter, and just have to finish gluing the glass back on. Also i got my down pipe made to 2.5 inch pipe.

Very nice! Did you paint the original reflectors black?

Here's what I did to my soobie today: parked like a BOSS.

IMG_20120201_132624.jpg :cool:

I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK I HATE EXHAUST WORK

:Flame:

:horse:

:drunk:

Grrrrrr Replacement exhaust system for the justy, bolt in the say, same size they say, since when is a torch considered a wrench!

Sigh, sidetracked again.

:banghead:

Took out the radiator explosing some nice crystalized gunk in the water pump, drained some evil ultrablack motor oil, and started unhooking/labeling things in preparation for the motor pull. The more I uncover, the more I feel bad for the poor girl, she was quite mistreated in her previous life. Nice sooty spark plugs to boot, wonder if that played a part in the prior owner starting to disassemble her. Bugger kept the AC compressor and gave me gen 1 headrest tracks :-\

Feeling quite ambitious, lets see how long it lasts :P

^

^

There is no upper cutoff.

You should receive many tickets if you drive on the highway.

You do plan to fabricate a cutoff to avoid tickets?

perhaps that would be smart before you glue the lenses back on. if not, those will be ridiculously dangerous to oncoming drivers. They might wreck right into a you, a BIG MACK truck or something will loose his sight when meeting you on a narrow 2 lane road. boom.

They are bi xenon, so theres a high and low. I have driven on the highway, and work great no issues and had a friend drive my car and me pass them on the highway and its just like every other hid projector lights on cars. And also asked the cops where i live. The pictures make the light seem super bright because the camera is trying to capture it all.IMG_0464.jpg (with the projectors off)

Made my O2 sensor code go away. hopefully my gas mileage goes up again.

Still keep tape over my CEL because the other resident codes don't pertain to the car running properly, or not.

I also replaced my front brake rotors. One of them has been cracked for probably 5,000 miles now... No more death shake when I use the brakes. It's rather nice.

Except for rust, my car is in perfect mechanical shape for now. It's nice to have a car that works.

Got a deal on snow tires today. Four of them.

Even with normal tires she did great (well, with the 4wd on), regularly drove through plow drifts without blinking, ice, snow, hills, etc. But stopping was always an adventure. Now I can do all I could before in 2wd, including the 20" drifts the plow puts up in front of the parallel parking spots in front of my building. This means I ALWAYS get a parking spot when it snows and for a week afterward. :brow:

And I can stop! :banana:

I installed the remote shift kit for my '94 Legacy AT. So now I can shift it right from the driver's seat, rather than having to pop the hood and flip the lever on the side of the trans. :Flame: the cable had broken.

Ooh, fancy! What's next? Some sort of magical electric candle that allows you to drive at night time? :grin:

Engine pulled on my 84, also an automatic :) giving the center head nut some tough love, up to 1 off :P Nice light motor, wife and I lifted it out by hand.. didnt have any hoist or things to jury rig.

Complete Victor gasket set on the way, just need to get the rest of the block apart to see what else I am going to need. Debating on going for a performance rebuild or regular rebuild.. from what I gather from usmb it is $900 vs $200 range. First time pulling/rebuilding a motor so I dont want to get in over my head, sounds like most of the difference is on the machine shop end though.

Gaskets get here Wednesday, along with my $3 Haynes/Chilton :) <3 Autozone guide for the mean time.

Went drift busting in the parking lot after work. Put it in 4-lo and surprised the sh*** out of the guy I carpool/give rides to. That was fun and the look on his face was priceless.

Then I couldn't get it out of 4-lo for the life of me. On ice, snow, dry pavement, reverse, straight, turning, clutch in, clutch out, NOTHING. Stuck in 4-lo. Started a slow drive home (as an aside, I learned just how "low" the lo gears are!) when I remembered that about two weeks ago I was fiddling with the linkage. Pulled into a gas station and...yep, sure enough. The nut holding the 4/fwd selector had vibrated off, and the bolt had backed out about half way. So much for putting it on finger tight the next time :P. I'm planning to swap the shifter handle as soon as this damn snow melts which is why I didn't tighten it fully.

So I get to my friend's house and decide...huh, maybe I should check the *gear selector* as well. I was messing with that, too...and yeah. No nut. Fortunately that bolt didn't back out on me, and I found another nut to replace the one that is somewhere between here and there.

Drift busting was fun, learning I could have 'stranded' myself for stupid reasons...still worth it :D

removed most o the contents of a wagon, put it in the truck bed. Mixed feelings, twas a bit rusty everywhere, but mere hours before the whole thing would get crushed. The vin etc had been removed, so no rustoration..

Which reminds me, i should call em and see if I can get the windscreen.

Fret not, for it did what it could when it did, and that little chime will ring on.

Dingdingdingding