Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Block finally off to be honed. Good bill of health but recommended new pistons.. found a set that gives 9.1 compression + the yield from milling my heads so hopefully it still likes 87 octane. Hopefully have it up and going within the month so I can finish up on the gen 1.

LKQ junkyard visit this weekend, so hopefully ea82 intake manifold and Outback seats on the way, fingers crossed.

85 GL hatchback EA81

rear drums, shoes, springs, and wheel cylinders, even had to do the brake line.

Fuel pump and filter

riveted sheet metal to the inside rear wheel wells, rubberized

finished the t-stat and water pump but now deciding if i should do the Headgaskets??? 150,000 miles or so

I can pretty much say with confidence that I've saved my GL from the grave.

Rebuild the whole driver's side rocker, half the pass side. Redid the front of the back wheel wells on both sides. Both rear quarter panels.

A week of hard work, and it's alive again :D

i can pretty much say with confidence that i've saved my gl from the grave.

Rebuild the whole driver's side rocker, half the pass side. Redid the front of the back wheel wells on both sides. Both rear quarter panels.

A week of hard work, and it's alive again :D

zombie sooob!!!!!

Is your front bumper bent?

Yes, it's tweaked. It was that way before I bought it - The previous owner ran into a Buick. I've been on the lookout for another bumper that I can swap skins with. The wrecking yards down here have bumpers that are so tweaked it makes mine look straight. :eek: One of the many little things that need replacement.

Got some pretty cool locking valve stem caps for the superlites compliments of my brother in laws girlfriend who also let me drive her WRX that just got a fresh engine rebuilt by General Disorder. Pretty fun car I had to get it just a lil bit sideways at 225 hp. Picture002.jpg[/img]Picture001.jpg[/img]

Edited by subinewby

NVM :lol:

Lets see...

Lately I have just been driving my Brat without problems. Got her re-tabbed last month, gotta love that $50 sticker. :grin:

Been saving up for my '86 Wag project. Hope to get that under way soon. For now it will get a rebuilt FuelInjected longblock and I'll be putting a weber on top of that.

Edited by 6 Star

I installed a code-alarm system controller (subaru branded) from a newer car into my 1998 legacy outback. We'll see if this one drains my battery, too. It's worth a try since I picked it up for free from a crashed car which was working perfectly before it was totaled.

On another note: I installed an updated oil separator and new oem rear main seal on the 99 impreza ej22 that is destined for my 87 GL project... have everything but the fuel pump sorted out. It's almost 4x4 season!!!!!!

8000k hid kit. New gauges. Luggage rack. :Flame:

8000k? Seriously?

That's going to be dimmer than stock. Hopeless light output and dumbly purple, it'll look kind of like this little guy here :(

Got my GL alive today. All fixed up and on the road :)

8000k? Seriously?

That's going to be dimmer than stock. Hopeless light output and dumbly purple, it'll look kind of like this little guy here :(

Got my GL alive today. All fixed up and on the road :)

I ordered a set of 6000k for the headlights and 3000k for my foglights in my XT6.

Got my backing plates almost finished here at work, then its off to the house to get them installed:burnout:

Just picked up a '83 GL with 342k miles. Here's a list of things I've done in the last two weeks.

1. Tapped and installed a spark plug hole insert on the #4 cylinder. Blew the old insert (it was the wrong size) and plug out of the head while driving back from grabbing a donut and coffee...

2. New spark plugs installed w/ anti-seize compound (NGK Copper). Torqued to spec. Not going to risk another blow out.

3. New parking and turn signal bulbs up front (had moss growing in the housings)

4. New battery cables (the battery to engine ground crumbled when I took it out).

5. New starter contacts and plunger.

6. Capped a few errant vacuum openings (with vacuum caps... no hose and bolt crap).

7. Replaced a few loose and degrading vacuum hoses (like manifold to distributor).

8. Went to town with nail polish (that I found in the engine bay while fixing the starter) painting over some rusty spots on the car.