Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I have 6000K in my headlights on Ned. Great light output, WAYYYY better than stock..

Never said there was anything wrong with 6000k, just that it was too blue for my liking.

Although, I think technically 5500k has more light output. Buy a very small, probably mostly negligible amount...

Got my GL registered. $84.10.

It shouldn't be that expensive for a 23yo car...

My 84 fwd was $58, but I did transfer the plates from my other ea81 wagon, so that saved me a bit of money, and I still thought that was kind of a lot....

What does the age of the car have to do with registration costs? The car takes up just as much room on the road, and it costs just as much to keep track of it as if it were brand new.

Insurance is a different story. Since they will just write off these old beasts anyway, it should be cheaper for own-damage insurance, assuming anyone is nuts enough to buy it!

I don't know about other states, but in Maine it's sort of like this. You pay excise tax on cars 6 years old or newer.

And cars older than that the registration is calculated by the original value of the car. The original value of my 98 is like $25,000 because it's the limited.

The original value of my GL is like $10,000 because it's a base model. They don't calculate inflation, so the registration is cheaper.

If you have a 1945 lincoln your registration will be $20 or something because the original value of the car was so cheap.

Got the rest of the parts I needed to finish my rear WRX brake swap on my XT6 today. I have all the WRX rear parking brake hardware, new shoes, cables, brake lines from an Outback, and a leather wrapped ebrake handle from a 2.5RS that is now mounted in the car (did that last night).

Hoping to get it finished up so I can get the front parts swapped around:banana:

That wil serve you well! plus if you break something, Sears will give you another for free. Its amazing! :drunk:

Yeah I am super stoked. I had bought a Pratt screwdriver set, and the screwdriver broke on me. so i returned it got my money back and said "craftsman for life!" ahaha then got this bad boy. and a work light, and a breaker bar. picking them up on sunday :banana: