Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Today I drove to work in my Loyale. Left work early for dr. appointment. As I entered highway car died. My brother gave me a quick tow back to shop where we checked spark...good, sprayed brake cleaner in intake where it started right up. Came directly home and pulled fuel pump off parts car. Maybe running out of gas last week helped finish off the 200K mile pump.

Edited by FlatFourFrenchy
self spell check

Was driving back from having my y pipe flange rotated at the exhaust shop when I had a bunch of steam rolling out from under the hood and smelled coolant.

Got pulled over and the hood popped open, there's coolant all over the top of the driver's side of the engine. WTF?!?!?! Still got plenty of coolant in the radiator, decide to bomb home before I lose much more coolant since it's only a couple more blocks.

Got it home and opened her up again, still running, get the spare and the air cleaner pulled off and start probing around with my screwdriver. Poked a hose and a stream of coolant goes wizzing by my face :horse: Found it!

Here was the culprit:

IMAG0608.jpg

Got it replaced with a new piece a few inches longer so I could route it around that linkage instead of up against it.

Nothing! Which is a miracle!

Ok, not entirely true. I had steam come out from under the hood last week, discovered I needed to tighten down the clamp for the hose/thermostat housing.

Added some oil.

...other than that, though, nothing!

Oh, and I need to swap out my snow tires this weekend.

i started refinishing my alloys, i took these from this

img0103rp.jpgto this...

img0102hs.jpgand eventually to this

img0104jd.jpg

i still have one left to do but they are coming along nicely. eventually ill get around to buffing and clear coat but for now, they'll do

i figured out how to post pics!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

is that bad?...lol

Edited by AKghandi

That's Great!

But they said in the Ad that it had electric choke (DGEV), but the Pictures Show are of the Water Choke Model (DGAV) ...

nope look again at the other pictures; on the carb it is stamped in DGAV and you can see the electric choke housing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230775540487?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

...it is stamped in DGAV and you can see the electric choke housing.

As you wrote, it really says "DGAV" on the carb's Body, which means that it originally came factory with Water Choke, so if it has an Electric Choke, that electric choke must be an addition, because Weber uses the "DGAV" Nomenclature for those Carbs that comes factory with Water Choke and "DGEV" for those who comes factory with Electric choke.

Kind Regards.

The Weber Nomenclature is very confusing, but as Far as I Know and I understood, it goes like This:

The Numbers in a Weber denote the Throttle Plate bore, Not the throat and Constitute the "Prefix".

The Letters immediately following the prefix refer, in Italian, to the general type of the carburetor.

For Weber only a few are consistant, specifically:

- DC "doppio corpo" (Means: Double Throat)

- V "verticale" (Means: Vertical)

- O "orizzontale" (Means: Horizontal)

- I "invertito" (Means: Inverted, in like in the IDA)

Yet there are No Updraft Weber Carburetors, the IDA is a Downdraft model.

Less Consistant Designations:

- E for die cast body

- F for Ford, Ferrari or Fiat applications

- V are Carburators with a power valve assembly

- A for Water operated Chokes

- E for electric Chokes

Any Numbers following the letters are Variations of the Basic type.

In Example: 45DCOE9 is a variant of the 45DCOE... but please also keep in mind that there are 10 subvariants of the DCOE9 ... :eek: ...

Therefore, the Weber Nomenclature follows the Lucas Wiring model... Chaos! :lol:

For instance, the IDA "inverted double water choke" is a Downdraft carb Which could have Three throats and typically has No choke at all... :banghead:

The 40 DCO is a 40mm Throttle Plate with a Double Throat Horizontal Carb, fitted to the Alfa Romeo Guilietta Veloce and follows the nomenclature perfectly; But The 40 DCOE used in later Alfa Romeos is Not die cast, does Not have an Electric Choke... :confused: ...in this case the E stands for the Trapezoid Mounting bolt pattern, Rather than the DCO's Rectangular Pattern.

The Weber Jet Sizing is a Numeric Nomenclature which actually is a Flow Rating in hundreds of a millimeter, and is very Reliable.

If you are using Emulsion tubes however there is no Hope in linking numbers with tube sizing. :dead: Because the Emulsion tube numbers were assigned Chronologically.

In Example: an F-45 tube was designed after the F-44 but that says Nothing about its Size or Performance.

Just to make things Thoroughly Twisted, some idle jets have F numbers like emulsion tubes that indicate their ability to Emulsify Fuel.

Here is a Link with Pics of Weber Carbs and their most usual Nomenclatures:

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Weber_Carburetors_s/2.htm

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
Mispelled Word, fixed! ;)

The Weber Nomenclature is very confusing, but as Far as I Know and I understood, it goes like This:

The Numbers in a Weber denote the Throttle Plate bore, Not the throat and Constitute the "Prefix".

The Letters immediately following the prefix refer, in Italian, to the general type of the carburetor.

For Weber only a few are consistant, specifically:

- DC "doppio corpo" (Means: Double Throat)

- V "verticale" (Means: Vertical)

- O "orizzontale" (Means: Horizontal)

- I "invertito" (Means: Inverted, in like in the IDA)

Yet there are No Updraft Weber Carburetors, the IDA is a Downdraft model.

Less Consistant Designations:

- E for die cast body

- F for Ford, Ferrari or Fiat applications

- V are Carburators with a power valve assembly

- A for Water operated Chokes

- E for electric Chokes

Any Numbers following the letters are Variations of the Basic type.

In Example: 45DCOE9 is a variant of the 45DCOE... but please also keep in mind that there are 10 subvariants of the DCOE9 ... :eek: ...

Therefore, the Weber Nomenclature follows the Lucas Wiring model... Chaos! :lol:

For instance, the IDA "inverted double water choke" is a Downdraft carb Which could have Three throats and typically has No choke at all... :banghead:

The 40 DCO is a 40mm Throttle Plate with a Double Throat Horizontal Carb, fitted to the Alfa Romeo Guilietta Veloce and follows the nomenclature perfectly; But The 40 DCOE used in later Alfa Romeos is Not die cast, does Not have an Electric Choke... :confused: ...in this case the E stands for the Trapezoid Mounting bolt pattern, Rather than the DCO's Rectangular Pattern.

The Weber Jet Sizing is a Numeric Nomenclature which actually is a Flow Rating in hundreds of a millimeter, and is very Reliable.

If you are using Emulsion tubes however there is no Hope in linking numbers with tube sizing. :dead: Because the Emulsion tube numbers were assigned Chronologically.

In Example: an F-45 tube was designed after the F-44 but that says Nothing about its Size or Performance.

Just to make things Thoroughly Twisted, some idle jets have F numbers like emulsion tubes that indicate their ability to Emulsify Fuel.

Here is a Link with Pics of Weber Carbs and their most usual Nomenclatures:

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Weber_Carburetors_s/2.htm

Kind Regards.

wow, uhhh............:drunk:

I am now the proud owner of everything I need to five lug swap my 85 GL, minus the reamer to hog out my EA82 control arms for EJ ball joints. Front end parts are all off a 97 Impreza Outback Wagon, rears are the standard xt6 hubs and rotors. Plan is to use the 200sx rear calipers and get the rear handbrake ability! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: