Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

wife's 03 H6 OBW threw 4 misfire codes and P0456 (small evap leak)

I cleared them to see if they come back. Tightened the gas cap - dunno if that could have been related.

It's a little disturbing because i did a lot of work on it recently including changing the plugs. But, also filled the tank about 20 miles before plus, a 'strange' driver was driving the car, my daughter, when it happened so ....kinda weird.

I once had spurious misfire codes when the battery was going bad too.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

Over the last six months:

I did this initially - it even cracked the re-welded section we did:

dsc7472rubyrepairs.jpg

dsc7809rubyrepairs.jpg

dsc8372rubyrepairs.jpg

Extra plating:

dsc8140rubyrepairs.jpg

From this:

dsc8395rubyrepairs.jpg

To this:

dsc8476rubyrepairs.jpg

To then being able to do this:

And the "return of Ruby Scoo" photo - at Danny's Lookout, Great Alpine Road, Mt Hotham:

dsc9894rubyscooisback.jpg

It "only took 6 months!" But it's been well worth the effort. The first offroading trip will be the first weekend of June :D

Cheers

Bennie

Now now, it is not Pink. It is supposed to be Cherry Blossom Red, so I found a Cranberry paint which is a close match (Not perfect) but works Haha.

Cheers!

When I Finished my intake Manifold's mods, I was thinking about painting it Yellow but I decided to let the Silver aluminium colour live...

But a Pink Intake is something New to me... this is the Very First time I See one intake in Pink! :)

Kind Regards.

Changing the timing bumped me from 18mpg city up to 24 :D

Turning the car on makes the battery show in the red, even once it starts idling.. driving gets it back up to normal until I turn on the a/c. Autozone says battery was bad, threw in a brand new one.. same results :s Also, $120 for the cheapest new battery?! X_X

Turning the car on makes the battery show in the red, even once it starts idling.. driving gets it back up to normal until I turn on the a/c. Autozone says battery was bad, threw in a brand new one.. same results :s Also, $120 for the cheapest new battery?! X_X

Autozone mis-diagnosed something and threw parts around, at the owners expense? NO WAY.... Did they even CHECK the battery?

Sounds like alternator if it's low at idle, but fine voltage at higher RPMs. It could be a tired alternator, or it could be tired wiring. No way to tell without some volt meter testing.

Sounds like alternator... Ive got a good one... PM me

celebrated 170k with a fresh tire on the refinished spare spare.

Yes found a tire shop that didn't blink when I asked for 13s..

There's enough of a local population of econo cars to keep them alive..

probably will get my extra 4 wheels populated and balanced soon anyway the manufacturers are phasing them out correct? Or just urban myth but Sears doesn't have crap. Well their inventory is like, 1.

walk over to the 4x4 behemoth tires and muse how my whole set cost less than one of those.

Over the last six months:

I did this initially - it even cracked the re-welded section we did:

dsc7472rubyrepairs.jpg

dsc7809rubyrepairs.jpg

dsc8372rubyrepairs.jpg

Extra plating:

dsc8140rubyrepairs.jpg

From this:

dsc8395rubyrepairs.jpg

To this:

dsc8476rubyrepairs.jpg

To then being able to do this:

And the "return of Ruby Scoo" photo - at Danny's Lookout, Great Alpine Road, Mt Hotham:

dsc9894rubyscooisback.jpg

It "only took 6 months!" But it's been well worth the effort. The first offroading trip will be the first weekend of June :D

Cheers

Bennie

Bennie that is a beautiful scoob, i have to ask, where did you get those rims? i need a pair of those!:drunk:

Cleaned my transmission cover and got rid of the rust on both the cover and the transfer case where the driveshaft connects, the paint I used was a bit too runny I should of known when it said touch of paint. I powder coated the top cover matte black.

IMAG1147.jpg

before picture

IMAG1116.jpg

I was bored and wanted to shoot with this HF powder to see how it was plus gave me something to do while the weather was nice :)

but holy crap you win with that transmission lol... My current one puked all over the crossmember once and I remember after cleaning it up and all and I went to step on it I almost ended up falling in the engine bay.

I think my 86 XT Turbo has a blown head gasket or cracked head(s), it failed a combustion gas leak test and has milkshake under the radiator cap. A leakdown test would find out for sure?

A repaint was supposed to be the ambitious summer project! :banghead:

Today I hauled the donorwagens engine to the steam bay and gave it a thorough cleaning gefore I give it a complete reseal. Took two convertors and got exhaust quiet again so now the TOD on engine is very pronounced. Looking forward to putting in a quiet engine with half the miles.