Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

thanks to subruise i have instaled the spoiler and grill from a 92 nissan maxima on my 91 lego and to top it off i wired in the brake light on it and am now running dual center lights. i guess u could call it a legama:clap:

Pics!

thanks to subruise i have instaled the spoiler and grill from a 92 nissan maxima on my 91 lego and to top it off i wired in the brake light on it and am now running dual center lights. i guess u could call it a legama:clap:

"maxacy" it think it looks good, but will lopk better when your buckled front end gets fixed and the headlights sit flush. we also have some other maxima bits in the pipes for this car. partouts rule. the spoiler looks sweet other than the color not matching. come to think of it Sam, you neglected to mention the sweet flat poo brown paintjob i laid on your decklid lol. PICS DAMN YOU!!!!

I like how you were able to mount it to a stock mirror bracket, that was a good move.

with all the temp change my car goes through glue for a heavy mirror is just silly. and anyway if you can find ANY way to mount anything without glue its ALWAYS the best option! thread locker not counting.

ok ok here are the pics

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

:headbang:

First gens are getting hard to find these days, it's weird.

It's nice to see people taking car of them still.

I'd probably have a first gen wagon by now. But I absolutely loathe auto seat belts with a passion... I'm tall, so when I get out of the car, the little thing comes up and smacks me in the side of the head. Had to swap my GL....

ya, that car will get better over time, it was pretty buckled when we picked it up. we are currently toying with the idea of a core support swap and post facelift headlights, as they fit the maxi grill better. (and his are currently held together by vinyl)

I replaced both axle seals on the trans of my 84, new motor and trans mounts, new accessory belts, and repaired the shift shaft seal......

The left (driver's) axle stub seal on my 87 Brat is leaking. What type of socket/tool did you use? I am doing both axles, and would like to take care of this today! Thx, aba4430

Got my exta front hubs and rear drums drilled for six bolt wheels and got them all installed as well as some good used firestone destination a/t's in 225/70 15. Minimal rubbing with 2 inch lift. Will do some adjusting when we get back from pool. I'll post some pics then.

The left (driver's) axle stub seal on my 87 Brat is leaking. What type of socket/tool did you use? I am doing both axles, and would like to take care of this today! Thx, aba4430

Just remember, axle seals are right/left specific. Put them in the wrong way and it pumps gear oil out.

1 806727170 OIL SEAL 27X45X9 $3.95 $3.95

1 806727180 OIL SEAL - 27X45X9 $3.95 $3.95

Understand. Have both (Subaruparts.com). Now to figure out what socket I need to get the retainer off.

Edited by aba4430
Spelling correction.

Put insurance on it.

tuned it up, fixed the after fire problem from leaky plastic resonators on the air pumps, disabled the EGR, pulled a few other emissions systems.

Put the hub back on it after the axle nut backed off on the freeway. Thankfully my 2 brake caliper bolts are strong and confident, the wheel stayed on. Fixed some of the clunks in the front end.

getting pretty stoked the more that gets taken care of. Hopefully I will get it solid soon and start saving money for the stuff that I just want to do.

That's quite the load you have there!

Replaced the brake soft lines and bled the brakes in between rain drops on my sister's Roo. Reinstalled the engine cover and splash plates on the XT6. I also discovered why the PandaWagon was making interesting sounds on the left front - the c-clip has gone missing on outer CV making all kinds of weird sounds. Pulled that and will be getting that taken care of tomorrow.

Lets see, where do I start......

3 rear axles, blew the spring perch off the rear struts, replaced both of them. Had the 3 point bushing that holds the rear x-member up both snap out playing in a mud hole, and to drive home with my rear diff damn near on the ground.

So its been zero upgrades for me, just keeping up with 26 year old car is proving to be enough for me.

I think its time to start project outback. EG33 under the hood, to a 5 speed D/R to a Divorced Nissan Xfercase. SJR's 6 inch Leggy lift ofc and then I'll built my subframe from there, cut the hole in the floor for the shifter and start makin my drivelines up.

At least this might be a lil easier, wont have 13 years more rust on lol

[quote name=Nice rims!...:-\..Just kidding. :dead:

Okay that was mean. I apologize. :o

I really need some sleep.[/quote]

those are the best rims! they are even ceramic coated ;P

I'm keeping them until I can properly outback my car ie struts, 15" rims, dual piston brakes....