Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I did this to my impreza's steelies. driving around on salted roads makes them look like @#$% so I used caliper paint to give them a protective layer and I must say it helps prevent build up especially on the inside in addition to preventing rust. plus at the car wash I don't have to use "engine and wheel cleaner" with the caliper paint the grime comes right off with water.

BTW hubcaps are totally against my religion ;P

I do not know why the resolution on the camera was like..ALL the way down...but;

What have I done in MY soobie lately?

Picture0716122243_1.jpg

100!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I know it's hard to see, but that's 100 MPH @ 6,000 RPMs :Flame:

The 3AT did it! Benjamin Hooptie Loyale for the first time has met and breached 100 mph topping out at 101.

I was astonished.

In other news; got my rear shocks done on the GL! No more bouncing half a block after driving over a speed-bump or being shot in to either the lane to the left or right of me randomly when driving over rough pavement!

073f433b.jpg

Safe cars FTW.

:clap::clap:

my 80 gl station wagon 4wd

done already.

new c.v., new hub, manual choke conversion, new radiator, flushed coolant system, rebuilt oil pump, wiring, oil change, full tune up, new thermostat,and new front brake caliper.

currently working on.

front struts, rear shocks, rebuilding hitachi, new rack and pinion, and patching the hole in the floor board.

in the near future.

new oil pan and valve cover gaskets, new rear and front brake pads, and flush the oil system

hopefully that is all so i can start saving money to fix my legacy this dang car is breaking me :burnout:

oh and new kyb gas struts

Edited by mikaleda

Nice!:clap:

That is a great idea for the trailing arms! :headbang:

Thanks. I've heard several stories of people breaking the trailing arm bracket bolts and how much of a PITA it is to fix that (back seat out, welding, etc.). I've seen other adjustable trailing arms (mainly the OBX) but wasn't sold on how many use a Heim joint in that same bracket - for off-road use I think the bushing is a better application.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the results.

Where did you acquire these adjustable trailing arms?

It's the latest product we just introduced at GorillaOffroadCompany.com. They were fit on a 2002 Impreza OBS do my research found these would fit the following models/years.

Impreza 93-07

Forester 98-08

Legacy 95-99

(corrections welcomed)

Playing with the Outback...

Cleaned sludge out of the radiator, new fuel filter, now troubleshooting p0171 and po174.

ABS and VDC light have been on since I bought it.. may or may not get around to that.. 104 out today x_x

Finally got the rebuilt gen 2 Brat going, just need to do a few finishing touches and dial the Weber in better. Exhaust spacers are gone so probably going to run straight pipes instead.

Folks swapping my Baja for my Brat next week.. First time I get to see it since they picked it up for me :D Probably going to be the only Baja in all Japan ^^

Haven't done much, haha. Put oil & coolant in it; nothing special. Put gear oil in it, which is new for me. Finally diagnosed my check engine light, which was code 35, which is the canister purge solenoid. Freakin' gonna cost $115 and doesn't even affect the way the car runs, but I need it for emissions when I finally decide to get Washington plates, ugh. Haha, the only modification I've done recently (really at all for that matter) is install some offroad lights, well, driving lights. But hey, they're 55 watts, which are brighter than my 45 watt headlights. They're super helpful at night and I love their look. Plus they were only $25! :-p

326725_3888704788017_900129685_o.jpg

Edited by jj421