Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I did a few things...

Topped off fluids, installed new radiator, rewired the AC fan to an adjustable thermoswitch for better slow speed cooling, gave it a wash and wax...

And accessorized...

I installed my very first sticker. I HATE stickers, but this one is fitting for this Subaru. It gets us to our trail heads for backpacking, and Hyperspud is a kick rump roast locally owned business in town that I love endorsing.

aug2012.jpg

Ready to roll for next weekends trip. :headbang:

aug2012-2

:slobber: got some kyb gr2 shocks from a 98 ob limited wagon today just one of the bolts was stuck on ended up buying the knuckle at least everything was half off! can't wait to cut that bolt off and get those on my L wagon as my rear is sagging from metal recycling.

one of the rubber pieces to the top hat of the rear was pushed out a bit but not cut up would it be worth replacing?

pulled my motor, pulled my fresh rebuild out of my buddys 88 wag (he blew up 1st gear, anybody got a dr5mt for sale?) and dropped it in Crapwagon. result: stayed up til 4am so the rtv dried and i could drive it for a minute, went wheeling sunday, kept up with a cj all day. nothing too crazy, but it was legit. the only other vehicle that we saw was a quad, who was asking the jeep guys how many times they had to tow us (me, two buddys and my 3 year old), to which they replied, "zero, they made it all the way" by the end of the day both jeep guys were giving me mad props. way to go! not bad for a single range with open diffs.

Loaded her up and went in search of a backpacking trail head.

After 28miles of gravel, we found it. and spent 3 nights in the back-country :headbang:

Nice. My partner and I try to do that almost every weekend in CO. I just got the resonator and Borla Pro XS muffler on the EJ swap, today:brow:. I really like the tone, but I can't believe how quiet it is. If anyone is doing a cat-back on an ej and wants a little tiny bit of volume, omit the resonator and definitely get this muffler. The tone is amazing.

Edited by kanurys

kanurys,

Do you have any pics of your install?

The PandaWagon's muffler let go and is now internally rattling something fierce. Guess 7 years of dirt road bounding, rally-x's, barreling down lonely highways, and long drives through desert heat was just too much for it.:D

kanurys,

Do you have any pics of your install?

The PandaWagon's muffler let go and is now internally rattling something fierce. Guess 7 years of dirt road bounding, rally-x's, barreling down lonely highways, and long drives through desert heat was just too much for it.:D

I'll post some pics up on my swap thread later this week. I'd go with no resonator and just the Borla Pro XS, unless you like REALLLLY QUIET exhaust. I know... it's all subjective... Search for "1999 Phase II EJ22 into 1987 GL Wagon". Maybe for tomorrow morning.

OH GEEZ! forgot the OB rear cross member and sway bar for my OB suspension...... pulling today, going to be one raked "rat" rod after this project. I want to do the front but my friend only has so much patience and his engine hoist is being used atm. according to him its like a 6 hour job to change the front cross member.

any advice from people who have gone converted L wagons to outback wagons much appreciated. no not the plastic bits......