Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

With the enormous help from this group I have brought my badly ignored 205k, '90 Loyale sedan back into working condition.

--repaired the dead dash clock back to working condition

--repaired the static filled radio to clear sound

--got rid of the vibration in the blower fan

--replaced the oil pressure sending unit

--zero adjusted the oil pressure gauge

--replaced some burned out dash lights

--replaced the starter solenoid contacts

--replaced the two rear struts

--replaced the all 4 front wheel bearings/seals

--replaced the left front axle

--rebooted the right front axle

--changed the brake fluid and bled all 4 wheels

--changed the differential fluid

--changed transmission fluid

--changed the oil

--washed/waxed body, and cleaned the interior, engine and trunk compartments

--replaced rubber grommets on inside vent louvers

--degreased the engine.

thanks to all who have helped !

Just a couple more things to do:

--recharge the AC

--track down/repair some oil leaks

:burnout:

Murphy, the $500 1987 GL-10 Turbo Wagon, got the rear end Honda Accord spring treatment!

548020_3670856205506_863950344_n.jpg

It's ***************in"!!!!! :headbang:

The height is more than I expected. But the ride is not over harsh by any means. Now I just have to readjust the headlights, and I'm good to go for a trip to the mountains!

Note: I have about 150 lbs of bass / guitar / band equipment in the back... Hardly makes a dent!

so, by the hubcaps ill assume youve got 13s on there. you have no lift?? ive got a 2" on mine but my susp is haggard gl10 sedan stuff (read wore out lower crap). i have accord springs in my garage already and some wagon strust too, how much lift (in inches..visually looks good) did you get? any modification to the springs required? what kind of spring compressors you usin (ive got harbor freight)? thanx, RV

Yep. 13's. Idiot me i was going to get before pics and measures. But I had a gig in the afternoon and i was in such a rush that I forgot to do so. I did make it to the gig on time though. I would say the bumper is 2" higher than before.

I used spring compressors rented from Autozone, though they were not exactly a great fit. Made things a little difficult. When you compress the springs, make sure you position the clamps exact opposite of each other. If not, you'll have a really hard time.

Edited by Sonicfrog

Blew a headgasket on a major road trip, Terrace to Vancouver.

It was running fine until I got to Agassiz (90% of the way), then I noticed the temperature gauge was running at 50% instead of 25-30% as normal. And it wouldn't drop when coasting or sitting idle or anything.

Today, all cooled down, I added a couple quarts of water to the rad and filled the reservoir. Started it, let it warm for about a minute, and filled the carport with steam. I am not sure I can even use it around town.

The old Athens Queen has 353000 km, has been run out of oil once (leaky drain plug), hit a huge rock on the highway at 60 mph (hence the nickname, google Stan Rogers "Athens Queen" for the reason), and was run out of water (leaky heater hose) last winter. I guess the headgasket was just waiting to happen after its last little disaster. It is a miracle it didn't blow at the time.

I think it is time for a new one. I sure wish there were more to choose from around here. At least it happened here in town, and not out in the boonies. If it happened at home, I might consider replacing the gaskets, but without tools, and given the state of the body (see-through) it is time to send her to the recycler.

I just pulled my soobie up to my driveway 7,700 miles and 3 weeks after heading out to the west-coast. Boy did she do me well, I did not have one single issue aside from a slightly high engine temp, but I'm 99 percent sure that is due to a clog in the rad.

7,700 miles in 3 weeks. I love my car.:headbang:

Outside of driving it everyday, I've been amassing parts for it.

Bought new, oilpan and cam cover gaskets, T-belts, waterpump gasket, rear axle seals, (already had bearings).

Still to purchase yet, camshaft seals, oilpump seals, strutrod bushings. Some new u-joints for the driveshaft are on the list also.

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the exhaust on the PandaWagon. Tsudo header and cat pipe, glasspack, and Magnaflow muffler:

8010919390_b073b0bd2c_z.jpg

The Tsudo is not quite a perfect fit for the EA82 chassis, he cut the pipe just after the cat and rotated the pipe up just a wee to keep the flange from catching everything.

8010918950_59c3ea8566_z.jpg

Glasspack to cut down on the drone.

8010918562_34671084e1_z.jpg

Replacement Magnaflow since the old one finally called it quits. Guess 7 years of bounding down dirt roads, trails, RallyXs, and WOT racing was just too much for it.:brow:

Overall, it gives it a mild tone with no drone, but enough sound that a car nut's ear will pick up on the subtle note while keeping the public's ears happy. ;) Silent, but deadly. :D:brow::burnout: