Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Will throw that in the vault for next time. Got the bolt off after sawing it but what a PITA.

A vice would help, too. :banana:

Considering the shock slide tube doesn't go all the way in to the canister when compressed, you can grind or saw down a little near the top to get a better grip on it and it'll still be usable.

I fixed the sloppy shifter on my 4 speed using GDs method with a 3/8"x16 tap.

While I was there I also fixed the rattling with a new nylon "cup" at the lower pivot.

FILE0703_zpsd9d95d59.jpg

I also swapped the rounded style shift knob from my 81 wagon. I am amazed at how much shorter the shifter feels, and its nice and tight too.FILE0719_zps223f5822.jpg

New drive belts last week. :-\

Alt/PS one exploded sometime on the highway while driving home from work. Noticed it when I went to make a right turn sans power steering.

Could not tell that the alt and brake light were on due to the sun shining on the gauges.

Dean

Edited by doc526

This is on a 08 OBS - Yesterday, changed plugs (NGK Laser Platinum), air filter (Sub OEM), main drive belt (Sub OEM) and AC drive stretch fit belt (Gates Micro-V stretch fit). Today, replaced oil and filter (Castrol Edge and Bosch Distance Plus). Need to do brakes, flush brake fluid, and replace coolant soon. Will swap out cabin air filter tomorrow, and pick up a gallon of Subaru LL (not super blue) coolant for the coolant flush. Car has 49850 miles and chugging along nicely.

Sold my 1999 outback sport today with 47k on it. Last week I picked up a 1997 legacy outback with no rust. In the last week I have swapped in a 2.2 with new seals (crank, cam, valve cover), and all the timing belt goodies, new clutch, new knock sensor, swapped in a good used radiator, all new brakes, forester wheels, studded snows, replaced a couple bad sections of the exhaust, and replaced rear deckled shocks!

Drove it in snow for the 1st time since I got it. Just running FWD right now, as I need to replace u-joints for the driveshaft.

Taking off wasn't to much of an ordeal, but trying to apply any throttle was something different. It'd spin the tires very easily.

About 3" of snow on the roads, greasy stuff it were.

Installed a 2" lift and bought 5 14" Peugeot rims for installation of ~25.5" tires on my 1987 GL-10. Should give an overall "improvement" of 3.5 to 4.0 inches. Also, completely tearing down and rebuilding an EA82 turbo motor after losing a rod bearing. Replaced original push-button transaxle with dual range 4WD from an SPFI model.