Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

4" Lift is Awesome, can't wait to see Photos of your Subie, Lifted.

Yes, seems like the Tire took the Worst part, the 15" alloys seems to be alright.

Kind Regards.

youll see photos... probably gonna actually do a thread on it. ive had it for years and been modding/lifting it quietly. i may finally be proud enough of CrapWagon to make the rest of you deal with accepting its existence. can you say 146000 miles and on motor #4 (#2 rebuilt by me) stay tuned. its gonna be a book:rolleyes:

Completed coolant flush with Subaru LL coolant. Used 4 gallons of DIW to flush out 4 separate times. Next time will use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-Airlift-Cooling-Checker/dp/B0002SRH5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358115241&sr=8-1&keywords=coolant+lift

You get slightly over a gallon out when draining the radiator, but it gets old - adding DIW, getting the engine hot, draining and repeating etc. With the airlift device it would have been much simpler/faster. Also added a bottle of Subaru (Holts) conditioner. It is a brown, rust colored suspension with off white colored flakes. If the Subaru engineers say it is OK, will not argue. Replaced cabin air filter; now to do a brake fluid flush, and possibly replace pads.

Complete brake fluid flush, balanced wheels (what a difference) and adjusted parking brakes and lever stroke. The PB was totally useless prior to the adjustment.

Full top end overhaul, rebuilt the heads, resealed, new hoses ect,..ect,... and replaced the cracked and nasty intake.

Wow. That! Is a beautiful engine! (Well Done!)

I added a light.:rolleyes:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/album.php?albumid=325&pictureid=3910

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/album.php?albumid=325&pictureid=3911

That's actually pretty cool! I'd have to see it in person though. :D

Replaced the PCV valve yesterday. Old one was gunked up pretty bad. It's been a while since I've done these things, but I've added fender mirrors, changed the seats (to GL seats), removed my "off road" lights, added fog lights, restored my bumpers back to black, oil change, new oil filter, new brake fluid, and more windshield washer fluid.

Hope to change out the fuel filter soon. Bought a genuine one from a Subaru dealership, and it doesn't fit properly. Hopefully I'll be able to get the $35 I spent on it back.

Oh how I have missed that EA81 noise.

Which reminds me, I need to start the BRAT fairly soon. Dig the snow off of it and fire it up just for the sake of scaring the hell out of the neighbors.

Anyway, Idasho, you reminded me I need to keep my EA81's.

There is no replacement for the visceral feel of an EA81.

Twitch

PS: Haven't been able to do a whole lot to the cars as of late, but that will change soon enough...