Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Race mode: ACTIVATED

581710_160176860821374_718862136_n.jpg

581906_160220460817014_2113601364_n.jpg

479735_160570954115298_2026313823_n.jpg

217372_160571014115292_967519969_n.jpg

575402_160570590782001_1268534830_n.jpg

944263_160279290811131_782418685_n.jpg

You took First place!

580217_160279810811079_1276979588_n.jpg

Aw, now I gotta work?

Sister got one run in before the engine tried to cook itself.  Tomorrows job will be find out why...

The PandaWagon did quite well towing my sister's wagon. In the hills I was in third and fourth gear maintaining 40-50 MPH. Flat areas I was able to hold 55 with no problems in 5th. Did wish I had a dual range tranny for getting started. Wouldn't need so much clutch slippage.

• Like 4

Took my 89 out to the mud pits to play yesterday and had a blast! Got stuck a few times, but it still  did ok,being on stock 13" tires. Did end up with the glass busted out of my hatch gettin pulled out by a duramax chevy with a leadfooted driver :banghead:  Anyone ever use plexyglass to replace one of these windows? This car is used in the woods and mud all the time,

86 gl10 ft4wd is now a dignified ej22swap daily... runs good with a couple bigs to work out( high idle) that are simple fixes.. it recived a full tune up and oil change.

Installed an sjr 2in lift kit and thew on some 14in pugs with 205 75 r14 hankook winter I pikes full set this past Monday

I'm kinda diggin the fulltime 4wd trans since the weather has been nothing but downpour since I started driving the old subi. So still not sure if I want to swap in the 5mt dr trans and diff I have in the garage.

And in hopes of the rain stopping I bought wiper blades cuz everytime I do it never rains again but mission failed.

Finished rebuilding my 2002 RS to sell. Took me the last two weekends and a few late nights after work, but she's done now. 

Replaced: 

Engine

Clutch 

Front perimeter frame

Control arms/ball joints (warrantee from subaru) 

Timing belt and cogs

Water pump

All seals (including head gaskets) 

Struts x4

Front sway bar links & bushings 

Brakes x4

Buffed the paint 

Cleaned the nasty interior 

Removed bumper stickers from the P.O. 

Undercoated it

Changed all the fluids 

LR wheel bearing, seals, hub bolt, and bushings 

I'm sure there's more I spent a lot of time on it...

1-119_zpsa457c358.jpg

• Like 1

Done a lot to Ned recently (I guess you could say)

Each time it gets harder and harder to think that I may not keep him for long :( -- the GF got a 2013 SWP WRX and makes me really wanna pursue (one) of my many dream Subarus... a 2004/2005 STI wagon in Aspen White.

I gave him an oil change... to slow the leaks I switched to Valvoline 10w-40 synthetic blend

OilChange_zps85e1349a.jpg

Gave him a bath because I followed a Mercedes that was leaking something (blue/gray smoke all down the highway) and when I got home I had greasy splatter EVERYWHERE... decided it had to go. (*Also note I don't have the AA wheels anymore... hoping to switch back soon as I do miss the black look already) On that note... Non-Pug lugs seem to be going strong... stock ones backed off almost immediately after I swapped them, but these upgraded acorn ones from Autozone have held tight for over 1000 miles already

Bath_zps07e6eedc.jpg

Started him up yesterday after the oil change, oil pressure was higher... but knew that would happen because of the thicker oil... but gauges still look normal to me... Unfortunately I started him today and got the TOD until he was fully warmed up :( Can also see I swapped to the LEDs... but I think 2 aren't working correctly as it doesn't even look like they are illuminated... I used the correct bulbs, but oh well, could be worse.

AfterOilChange_zpsdd9f7561.jpg

Its all love... hopefully Ill find a better job in a few months that will allow me to keep Ned and get a newer wagon... (although he wont be an STi swap plan... he will likely be a camping rig -- 2" lift, 15" wheels, semi-aggressive tires, roof basket, offroad bumpers and lights... but not be a beater still... we will see... I do love my little Ned...

Edited by 92_rugby_subie

(  hopefully Ill find a better job in a few months that will allow me to keep Ned  )

Good luck with the job hunt.. I love that car.. It must be a sedan thing for me.  keep up the good work.

have you figured out where he is leaking from or is he burning oil?

Because you like sedans so much ;44430_10152613345530307_2003995447_n.jpgGot my new CV axle in today. Found out my brake caliper is shot. Ordered one that I'll be throwing in tomorrow.
Before I installed the axle I took the boots off and packed some extra grease in there. Reinstalled the boots with clamps. So far so good! My old axle was completely shot, to the point where I had to pull away from red lights with a feather weight of pedal to avoid any clicking. Unavoidable clicking making a slight left turn. HORRIBLE clicking at full lock; yeah, it was about to go.
It's so nice to be able to mash the gash again! Going up hills, making a turn across an intersection. So great.

So tomorrow the caliper goes in. Hopefully the stuck brake didn't toast my grease as after a test drive the whole hub was water sizzling hot =\

• Like 1

(  hopefully Ill find a better job in a few months that will allow me to keep Ned  )

Good luck with the job hunt.. I love that car.. It must be a sedan thing for me.  keep up the good work.

have you figured out where he is leaking from or is he burning oil?

Thank you! I do love him a lot... Everytime I look at him Im like "Nah, cant sell him" At Albertsons today a guy was taking pics... said he'd give me a grand to sell him... Ugh, I hate money.

Hes got a bad DS headgasket... for the last 30K miles hehe... Leaks oil on start-up and I can hear the coolant bubble when I shut him off... but they aren't mixing and the coolant doesn't really disappear... itll be low after about 4 months but takes maybe a half a container to fill it. The oil also leaks from the valve covers and probably the rear of the engine as well... easy fixes. I have an SPFI engine that will get the carb manifold (higher compression) soon to fix the headgasket problem.

175EYA - nice looking sedan! I love these EA82 sedans... 10x more than the wagons for sure. I need a new axle... mines bad for sure... clicks and knocks on accel, clutch braking, turns... still drive it like I stole it though...

PS. I want your trunk.

Edited by 92_rugby_subie
  • Like 1

Thanks! Definitely driving mine that way now that I don't have to worry about breaking (another) axle.

It's nice to be able to kinda keep up with traffic again.

PS. I want your trunk.

I'll trade you my trunk for your grill.
Actually, no I won't. :P 
Should still give me your grill though. B)  haha

Ned's lookin' nice btw. Digging those rim+tires.

Helped the girlfriend do her wheels on her 2013... Just plasti-dipped the wheels black and then over the black plasti-dip on the centercaps did purple... added a nice touch.

Yo-beezy, Im a hovercraft?

LindsaysCarJacks_zps4ef94914.jpg

Finished!

LindsaysWheelfinished_zps162b523b.jpg

Up-close:

LindsaysWheels_zps6ab4b670.jpg

Then I had fun with the plasti-dip on Ned... I wanna spray a few parts black but for sure I wanted to try this... Id like to introduce Mr. Angry Eyes...

MrAngryEyes2_zps5f89c615.jpg

Headlights on:

MRAngryEyes_zps7cedf864.jpg

• Like 2

New caliper on the front driver's side. That, paired with the new axle; no more steering wheel shake. At all. How wonderful that is!

Going to need a pass. side caliper as funds allow.
The GL is coming along. It was falling apart as I was broke. Stuff still needed to do;

Rear axles
Transmission
Clutch
ball joints
tie rods.

Once that's all done, she should be tip top. Hopefully soon.

I painted my EA81 wagon wheels and threw em on the EA82.She looks much better!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59058330@N03/8927598006/

I finally found good replacements for the sun damaged upper door cards

before

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59058330@N03/8927598392/

after

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59058330@N03/8927598072/

Edited by 81EA81

The old wagon got a shot of paint and a little camo  its a 20/20 paint job but it sure is shiny, and now I got beef with the mud at my old wheelin spot i think she neets a few rock chips will post pics later today and mabey some dirty subi photos...lol :brow:

Edited by marcusgl10z28
  • Like 1

The old wagon got a shot of paint and a little camo  its a 20/20 paint job but it sure is shiny, and now I got beef with the mud at my old wheelin spot i think she neets a few rock chips will post pics later today and mabey some dirty subi photos...lol :brow:

where is this spot???? im down for some local wheelin, and im sure im not the only one