Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

After being off the road since October 2012, finally straightened out (after much gnashing of teeth and verbal abuse of worthless "public servants") my license situation so I am now fully legal, and re-titled/registered/plated Sue-Sue today for the not-so-great state of Florida. Still runs great, like she was never taken off the road and parked for almost two years!!!...................but not having functional A/C is a game killer down here. Hopefully have that fixed next week.

• Like 1

I installed my twe header and downpipe.plumbed in my tdo4, which is getting swapped out sunday for a td05 20g. And still working on body work. Got to try and smash that all out before wcss16!!! Stupid thing wont let me upload pictures :( maybe ill try from my computer. Btw this is on my 87 gl-10 WITHOUT an ej swap ;)

Edited by mm88swrt

I installed my twe header and downpipe.plumbed in my tdo4, which is getting swapped out sunday for a td05 20g. And still working on body work. Got to try and smash that all out before wcss16!!! Stupid thing wont let me upload pictures :( maybe ill try from my computer. Btw this is on my 87 gl-10 WITHOUT an ej swap ;)

Upload images to postimage.org and  link to them. It is free, no hassle. ;)

This is a more like "what are you GOING to do" to your Sube......

Dickering around today with what was an otherwise awesome stereo head unit [sony DSX-S200X with Tune Tray] came to find it would no longer perform the primary thing it was purchased for: read and control an ipod. And, for a unit that only saw about a total of maybe two months of use over the past two years, that is 

unacceptable. The damn 'Tune Tray' failed to open properly after the first day I owned it, but I was okay with having to pull it open by hand; not okay with it

failing completely to see any ipod devices, even if it can still read a usb drive.

Sony head units just plain suck anymore, from researching this they fail in multiple ways and often.

So, looks like I'm purchasing a nice Pioneer digital media unit today or tomorrow.

I'm wondering if it is trick photography , or do I see reflections on your honed bores ? Would thought hone marks would not reflect an image so good. Looks a bit shiney in there :( and, just checking, you have a new OP switch don't you ?

I'm wondering if it is trick photography , or do I see reflections on your honed bores ? Would thought hone marks would not reflect an image so good. Looks a bit shiney in there :( and, just checking, you have a new OP switch don't you ?

No trick, those hone marks are original to the car. Glad someone noticed that. I did lightly oil the cylinder to prevent damage on first startup.  Not a new OP switch but that pump is young. It has only 43k on it. That nasty old water pump will be replaced with a brand new Subaru one though. The other car will get the hand me down water pump.

Edited by MR_Loyale

I replaced the CV axle and a busted brake line on my 88 GL wagon, bled the brakes and now it is driving and stopping like normal again.

I also purchased a 1985 GL Wagon with only 133k miles and a great running engine, but some serious rust issues. I've so far replaced the tires and patched the biggest exhaust leak. New CV axle soon to follow.

Got my trans and engine mated back together, and set in to the 84. I used the ea81 flywheel and pressure plate, and an ea82 clutch disk and TOB. Im confident that setup will work juuust fine. Put it in the car as an assembly, no issues there. Cleaned the radiator real good with the hose, and started buttoning things back up. Used Jerrys kit for the trans mount, and that went as smooth as id hoped.

Thanks Jerry!

Didnt get as much back together as id hoped...but my boy wanted to go to a park; so away we went!

I still need to get a rear shaft made, and my front axles boots are about to let go as well (so ill put autozones lifetime warranty to work...again)

Finally a Subaru showed up at the Tear a Part junkyard.  Spent 200 in parts today to freshen up the old Brat.  Got grill, headlight bezels, turn signals etc, all the Black trim along the doors, various bits for the interior. Pulled the strut and wheel bearing assembly(?) as one  and will replace the one I broke the bolt in the collar when I bought new struts  as soon as I get the new ball joint from Amazon

Shot the new grill with Plastic Dip, turned out way better than my rattle can jobs of the past.  Now just have another 20 hours of body work and Ill be ready to paint the old girl.  Also cleaned out my HVLP gun since it was full of crap from the assembly, teflon taped all the connections that leak on the Harbor Freight guns.  I will be repainting the bumpers once I get off the 5 layers of hand brushed tractor paint that the PO did.

I think I have been bothered for almost a year on how crappy the car looks, but once I get the new parts installed, should make driving it a lot more enjoyable.  The rebuilt carb I bought from National is running worse than the carb I rebuilt last fall, will have to see if I may have left some vacuum hoses off or something simple. 

I am excited to drive the Brat again, it has been sitting for almost a month just moving to in and out of the garage while working on the body. 

Have a super night!

B.

• Like 3