Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Straightened out the right rear quarter best a friend and I could do yesterday.

Here's a before picture.

post-38620-0-49833600-1422815409_thumb.jpg

And after.

post-38620-0-19674100-1422816328_thumb.jpg

Just need to get a paint job done now. Ugh, probably going to replace the bumper skin.

Edited by Dinky26
  • Like 2

Straightened out the right rear quarter best a friend and I could do yesterday.

Here's a before picture.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And after.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Just need to get a paint job done now. Ugh, probably going to replace the bumper skin.

Plasti-Dip on the bumpers. Going on 2 years on my Brat, still holding up with no fade. Stuff lays really nice as well.

Moved my project car from my previous house to my new (old, long story) location.

I've now got a garage roof with lights and high enough that I could open the tailgate far enough to fit the struts back in. Snapped one of the bolts off though :(

Started sorting out the mess that's been stored in the car, refitted the rear spoiler.

bolted up the tailgate latch, refitted the unpainted bonnet (hood :P)

My old car club has an "80s" photoshoot tonight, so planning to drag it out on the trailer for fun. Should be a very square affair :P

Just been too busy moving and getting ready for my honeymoon to the US as we leave in 2 weeks. And dreading the woeful exchange rate that the Aus $ has currently :angry:

Edited by wagonist

... getting ready for my honeymoon to the US ...

Congratulations!!!

...My old car club has an "80s" photoshoot tonight...

Don't forget to share some Photos with us!  :) 

...dreading the woeful exchange rate that the Aus $ has currently ...

I know that ... such currency exchange fluctuation has helped me,

to buy some subaru parts from Jonno (Steptoe) recently.  ;) 

Kind Regards.

New Magnaflow muffler on the Brat today! Didn't start out as a magna, was going to get a knock off. He got to work on it only to discover they didn't have the muffler in stock, so they went ahead and put a Magnaflow on, no extra charge. Sounds sweet!

• Like 2

New Magnaflow muffler on the Brat today! Didn't start out as a magna, was going to get a knock off. He got to work on it only to discover they didn't have the muffler in stock, so they went ahead and put a Magnaflow on, no extra charge. Sounds sweet!

Love it when a plan comes together. Even if the outcome of said plan,,, wasn't the plan but still turned out good/better.

Timing belts went on the Loyale last week. Ordered the parts from CNS auto parts on ebay (highly reputable seller) and expected them to be here by this weekend so I could perform the work. They haven't even shipped them yet. Super pissed.
So, because I was all ready to do some work anyway, just tore down the front of the Loyale in anticipation of the belts arriving this next week. Then alls I gotta do is throw the kit in, button it all up, and Good to Go. (knock on wood)

So, tore him down:
20150207_154255_zps740a1b20.jpg

Because of the front impact, and everything being bent back, I had to remove the batt, alt, and ac just to wiggle the radiator out, so I have enough room to work on the belts.

20150207_154510_zps9610c3b6.jpg
It's all a pretty compressed tight fit in there =\

20150207_154447_zps768bdff9.jpg

The damage. What could have caused that to happen? Maybe the next thing I have a question about for you guys

20150207_154525_zps98cb113e.jpg

Is that one cog that's under the water pump and the driver's side timing belt tensioner;

that one cog there, does it drive anything? Or should it be free spinning? That's the same cog that comes with a replacement in the timing belt kits right?
This cog does not want to turn at all. I imagine if it's supposed to be free spinning and it's seized up, then that's what chewed the teeth out of the timing belt.

Timing belts went on the Loyale last week. Ordered the parts from CNS auto parts on ebay (highly reputable seller) and expected them to be here by this weekend so I could perform the work. They haven't even shipped them yet. Super pissed.

So, because I was all ready to do some work anyway, just tore down the front of the Loyale in anticipation of the belts arriving this next week. Then alls I gotta do is throw the kit in, button it all up, and Good to Go. (knock on wood)

So, tore him down:

20150207_154255_zps740a1b20.jpg

Because of the front impact, and everything being bent back, I had to remove the batt, alt, and ac just to wiggle the radiator out, so I have enough room to work on the belts.

20150207_154510_zps9610c3b6.jpg

It's all a pretty compressed tight fit in there =\

20150207_154447_zps768bdff9.jpg

The damage. What could have caused that to happen? Maybe the next thing I have a question about for you guys

20150207_154525_zps98cb113e.jpg

Is that one cog that's under the water pump and the driver's side timing belt tensioner;

that one cog there, does it drive anything? Or should it be free spinning? That's the same cog that comes with a replacement in the timing belt kits right?

This cog does not want to turn at all. I imagine if it's supposed to be free spinning and it's seized up, then that's what chewed the teeth out of the timing belt.

You had an accident recently? :o

No, thank God! That's my girlfriend's Loyale. She has had multiple accidents with that car. One her fault, the other not so much. The first time I straightened it out and put on a new bumper, fender, headlight, and windshield.

After the 2nd one I haven't done anything yet. That poor car looks terrible, but he runs great. This is the first time he's broken down in the 6 years we've had him. His name is Ben.

Finally finished my skid plate thats been sitting under my work bench for months. Its 2' wide and covers almost all the way back to the catalytic converter.

IMG_20150207_190734.jpg

Now I just need tires, thinking 27x8.5r14 or 235/75/15. Maybe more lift too.

Alot of us have gone with the 27x8.50r14 general grabber AT2S and they are great! They look good and have awesome grip.how about a 4" lift so it's a twin to my car. I think they are the same color as well haha

I got my dash wiring pretty much sorted out....but am having a helluva time getting the gauge cluster to set back in correctly.

Messed with it for an hour or so yesterday, pulled some hair out and had a few choice words...set it down before i took a hammer to it, and went to work on other stuff.

I think subaru engineers are sadistic bastards

I got my dash wiring pretty much sorted out....but am having a helluva time getting the gauge cluster to set back in correctly...

You have problems for instrument cluster Removal procedures on an EA82?

If so, this writeup with Photos, might help you:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/131336-led-retrofitting-on-instrument-cluster-dashboard-removal-procedures/

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Sunday I did a motor flush (oil) and changed the oil in Uno. Switched from synthetic back to regular oil. Was doing long oil intervals (6K) and it clogs the lifters. I am going back to 3K intervals. I also went for a test drive up Port Angeles way and on the way back did a little gambling at the 7 Cedars. I hit a jackpot. :banana:

Edited by MR_Loyale

You have problems for instrument cluster Removal procedures on an EA82?

If so, this writeup with Photos, might help you:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/131336-led-retrofitting-on-instrument-cluster-dashboard-removal-procedures/

Kind Regards.

I sure appreciate it, but mines an 84GL.

My problem is that with everything plugged in to the cluster, theres no room for me to see behind it, let alone be able to get my hand in there. I can squeeze it in far enough to get the two bottom screws, but theres something that blocks it from letting the top of it set where it needs to be. If i really push on it i could do it...but i dont wanna do that.

I then proceed to unplug enough wires to be ale to look to see whats blocking it....and theres nothing! There has to be something, but i just dont see it. Im sure it has to do with my routing of the wire loom, but....i cant see how to make it any better than i have it. And I am not pulling it all back out again! Ill strip the car of all upgrades, tow it out into the back 40 and plink it full of holes, then go buy another old GL before i do that.

And so i keep messing with it, whenever i find myself just standing around with nothing better to do.

• Like 1