Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I don't felt this "Made in Honduras part to be Expensive, if you consider that it is around twice as thick and strong than the original part, plus made of great quality, industrial strength Aluminium, it doesn't corrode; so it will outlast the whole car for sure.

The engineer who did that part, only asked around the Equivalent to $ 30.ºº US Dollars, in our local currency, the "Lempíra"

How much does cost a similar part made like that, in USA:confused: 

Kind Regards.

This really needed a Picture taken...

Kinda remembers me the many, many times I ran out of gas...

Kind Regards.

I wish I could have, and did t5hink of it, but no practical way of doing it without someone else for the most part.

Even though the Gas gauge has not worked since I got it, this was the first time I ran ouit of gas.

I don't felt this "Made in Honduras part to be Expensive, if you consider that it is around twice as thick and strong than the original part, plus made of great quality, industrial strength Aluminium, it doesn't corrode; so it will outlast the whole car for sure.

The engineer who did that part, only asked around the Equivalent to $ 30.ºº US Dollars, in our local currency, the "Lempíra"

How much does cost a similar part made like that, in USA:confused: 

Kind Regards.

To pay someone to fab something like that? I bet you'd spend $200. easy. Probably more. Most welders charge at least $75. an hour and there were probably several hours spent in making that piece.  Looks very sturdy!

• Like 1

Not what have I done, but I think someone is trying to steal the bed trim on my Brat. Noticed 6 trim screws missing and one loose one. The trim is in really good shape, and there are a few Brats in my area. Am I being paranoid?

Not what have I done, but I think someone is trying to steal the bed trim on my Brat. Noticed 6 trim screws missing and one loose one. The trim is in really good shape, and there are a few Brats in my area. Am I being paranoid?

Why wouldn't they have just taken it already?

Maybe they're vibrating loose? New screws +a dab of loctite?

It's like you're a lawyer or something :-P

You ever seen the movie "my cousin Vinny" jeszek?

Yes, I'm Lawyer ...  :D ... my lawyer side always shows up somehow.

And no, I haven't seen that movie...

Can I ask if that was expensive?

... around the Equivalent to $ 30.ºº US Dollars ...

To pay someone to fab something like that? I bet you'd spend $200. easy...

So, around $ 200.ºº in USA:o 

Wow, that's Expensive... 

Kind Regards.

Why wouldn't they have just taken it already?

Maybe they're vibrating loose? New screws +a dab of loctite?

Could very well be. Just that the area my work is located is sketch. People are always coming on the property and stealing spoob. I'm gone overnight, so my Brat sits there. Could have startled someone, as people are coming and going at all hours. 4 of the 6 screws were along the tailgate trim then 2 more going up the drivers side. Seems like it would be more random and not so many at once if it was just coming loose. I dunno, just being paranoid I guess. Trim is damn near impossible to replace.

Edited by jonas

Did the cambelt, waterpump, oil pump, clutch and oil separator  on the ej20 going into my wagon, started putting the gearbox together, and pulled the motor & gearbox out of my wagon. Been a rather productive week. Also got my alloy wheels powdercoated, just waiting on a guy at work to have time to face the front of them.

Could very well be. Just that the area my work is located is sketch. People are always coming on the property and stealing spoob. I'm gone overnight, so my Brat sits there. Could have startled someone, as people are coming and going at all hours. 4 of the 6 screws were along the tailgate trim then 2 more going up the drivers side. Seems like it would be more random and not so many at once if it was just coming loose. I dunno, just being paranoid I guess. Trim is damn near impossible to replace.

You drive a good point though. As suggested above, maybe find some security bit screws, or tamper proof? Would suck to come back to it and find that stuff gone!

There's nothing like grinding and hammering bolts off of the original exhaust system on a 1993 to remind you of why you custom made 2 all stainless steel exhaust systems....

Right with you there man... Thanks for the unintentional reminder, as I have half the parts to make my someday Harley hot-rod side-pipes.

I can;t do it all in stainless, unfortunately though - Harley mufflers were chrome, ok... I had to search for a couple months to find the right kind of X-pipe at an affordable price, and it is made of standard material, but I plan on painting it with maybe 'Cold Galvanize' or High-temp exhaust paint at least. The rest of the system I was planning on regular aluminized steel, but maybe better to go with stainless now that I thinkl of it again...

I think people might be missing the priority on this theft issue...

I posted previously about people fauwning over my Brat and taking pictures of it at 2:00AM in the mornong.

I love all the compliments I get, but this is getting just plain wierd.

The priority should be keeping your BRAT, as a whole, safe. If it's one thing now, it will be something else later, or the whole vehicle getting stolen.

I am getting a haunting feeling that these Brats may become TOO much of a true "collector" car, and might become not only an endangered species, but akin to the ancient Ermin, the critter whose fur was white with black speckles thast lined the collars of Kings' robes, seen in many dipictions. The Ermin became ever more sought, ever more priceless, untill they were hunted to extinction.

The Subaru Brat, I belive still holds the record for the #1 "Scarciest" auto to find oin Autotrader.com, with an average of 27,000 seraches to find even one for sale for any time at all.

I get offers from people on an average of once every 3 weeks,. and a couple didn;t really want to take 'No' for an answer.

- and of course, people taking poictures of it at freakin' 2:00 AM in the morning ! lol...

Me thinks we Brat owners should maybe GET a little paranoid, as who knows, we may start hearing some day about them getting stolen in unusual numbers - come to9 think of it, maybe someone should check and see the stats on Brats getting stolen over the last few years, to see if it is increasing to any degree to9 cause concern....

I swear....

No vehicle seems to get the attention that mine and other Brats seem to be getting, lol....

Yesterday I parked at the store next to a truck with kids in it, and they were saying:

"WOW.... That's a race car......  - Its a... Brat... It looks COOL!....  - Daddy, I want a Brat !

Lol....

Yes, I'm Lawyer ...  :D ... my lawyer side always shows up somehow.

And no, I haven't seen that movie...

So, around $ 200.ºº in USA:o 

Wow, that's Expensive... 

Kind Regards.

Ok, I tried to resist, but something got the better of me and i have to comment....

Water%20inlet.jpg

That is the sloppiest damned manufacturing I have seen in a while!  - SORRY! SORRY! I'M SORRY !!!

Look, you had to do what you had to do, I understand, maybe you were desparate and out of options, ok...

I mean, most of that thing looks like decent machining, but that weld looks like a 5 year old went to town with paydough!

I am presuming that this is for another car (can't remember the car you mentioned), - Now, if this was something going on your 'Bumble Beast', THEN I would be uspset with you!

Again, I'm sorry, I know, I know how it looks/sounds, but the sight of that weld is giving me some kind of allergic reaction, I need some Pepto Bismal or something....

Lol...

Water%20inlet.jpg

... That is the sloppiest damned manufacturing I have seen in a while! ...

Do you Know how machine and how to Weld better, Aluminium?

I'm not seeking "Beauty" at all, No. The "Looks" doesn't matter much to me...

I'm seeking Strong Durability and Peace of Mind, with one less part to be concerned.

If wanted car parts to be Beautiful, I Rather be contemplating those at the Museum:

Car%20Parts%20Artwork%201.jpg Car%20Parts%20Artwork%202.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 5