Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

There is one different one in there :eek:! There are 3 EA81 wagon wheels and 1 EA82 wagon wheel, from what it looks like in the pics. The EA82 wagon wheels have a much sharper curve on the spokes than the EA81 wagon wheels, and usually the EA81 wheels wont fit the fronts of an EA82 car unless you have modified the calipers or have almost no brake pad left...

-Bill

is it just me, or does the pic of the 4 wheels that dude just painted with the "hammered" paint look like 3 ea81 wheels and 1 ea82 wheel?

You guys have some EAGLE eyes, yes.....one was a little different and I didn't notice until I got them sanded and painted. the "ea81" wagon wheels are the ones I kept and went back to the junk yard and got the 4th match. I noticed that the "ea82" wagon wheels seemed like a 2 piece and seemed easier to bent, so I stuck with the "ea81"s for better performance.

P.s thanks for making me feel dumb:confused: and pointing it out!!!!!:banana: haha:banana:

Nomad

There is one different one in there :eek:! There are 3 EA81 wagon wheels and 1 EA82 wagon wheel, from what it looks like in the pics. The EA82 wagon wheels have a much sharper curve on the spokes than the EA81 wagon wheels, and usually the EA81 wheels wont fit the fronts of an EA82 car unless you have modified the calipers or have almost no brake pad left...

-Bill

My ea81 rims went onto my 1990 loyale (ea82) with out a hitch, with no mods....Is this a sign that I need new brakes?:confused:

Nomad

finished the CV axles and the wheel bearings. (the bearings were rusted and bad.) (yesterday) and today bought 4 new tires the vibrating when going is now gone. yeah and the weriod things that my car was doing are also gone yeah. it no longer shakes when going down the highway. When replacing the tires 9we have had it less then a year) it was noted that there was 2 different sizes and one size was very worn one even had rubber balls in the tire. but now I have a water leak (by the timing belt ?) and I need to fix the exhaust manifold better one of the bolts worked loose and left me.

1983 GL

4" SJR aluminum Lift

fixed the shoty steering extension with a dual u-joint one

New to me EA81

Fixed the exhaust (clogged cat and resonator) welded a cherry bomb and rice rocket muffler on

Built a big old roof basket (brother welded it all up for me and i cut all the stock.... not very well i might add he wouldn't stop yelling at me for all the unevenly cut pieces)

14" pugs with 205-70-14's waiting for my 205/70-15 Firestone winter force's to get in for my 15" pugs

Bill's Power steering kit installed

skid plate and front push bar installed

Fixed all the messed up wiring from the PO who just twisted alot of the wires together.......

DSCF1402.jpg

1981 Wagon GL (4spd - dual range)

Purchased for $200

Changed Oil; Topped off the Radiator, Drove it home

Re-Keyed ignition from original key codes, replaced 2 fuses to fix dash lights

Bought/Installed 4" Slideshow lift (big thanks to USMB member help!)

Re-conditioned the original Radiator

Removed A/C Compressor, hoses, Condenser, etc.

Installed 28" BFG's KM2's on VW wheels with SJR adapter plates

New Oil Pressure Gauge

Flushed Brake Fluid, Bled Brakes

Replaced Broken Clutch Cable

Installed Turbo Muffler

Complete oil, tranny, diff fluid change

Installed Kenwood head unit/speakers

Drove it 4.5 hrs south to hunt and test it's mud'n capabilities :grin:

picture.php?albumid=184&pictureid=1934

and another.. sorry no action shots, but I can say it's initial test was a success IMHO

picture.php?albumid=184&pictureid=1932

Edited by gadberry

I think Moosens had one for sale a while back.

This was posted sometime here, cant remember who it belonged to.

plow_hatch.jpg

plow_hatch1.jpg

YUP thats mine :grin: i still have it too, it works awesome!! next month it will be trailered up to our place in new hampshire that we rent for the winter for snowmobiling... it plows snow better than most full size trucks. the first year up there, the neighbors couldnt believe it. i was plowing the whole road (private rd) and our driveway with it.... i love that car.

managed to snap off my tailpipe today.:mad: Still not sure how I did it. I think I messed up the whole exhaust system while I was at it but not sure I have exhaust coming out all over the underside of my car. It sounds really loud now can hardly hear the radio. I backed up uphill into a little pile of dirt it was just enough to snap it off. good thing I do not have to deal with emissions but I will to get this fixed. everyone can hear me coming now......:grin::grin:

I'm turbo free and I choose not to run the "cheap o" gas. I still use supreme, its worth the extra cents on the dollar, just ask you scooby how much more it like the better gas, it will gladly tell you by performance. Plus the premium gases burn out junk and grim. saw a place in Oregon that sell 111, that stuff is for the race cars, pretty penny too, like $5.89 a gal. If i recall right.

Nomad