Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Waterpump is leaking a little - so I'll have to replace it next weekend (Hope it makes it)

Is there supposed to be any normal play in the Waterpump/cooling fan shaft? Cause mine has a very small amount of up/down play (Is that normal or is the pump going?) Either way I need to replace it.

Wish me luck!

-Tom :grin:

No free-play allowed, period.

No free-play allowed, period.

Righty ho, thanks Tom. Yea my dad said there shouldn't be any play AT ALL too.

Kinda sucks having to do it this week since its only going to be 17 out. I have to pull the car all the way in and hope I have enough room and use a heater :(

I hate fixing things in winter!!!

oh well lol

-Tom :)

• Like 1

Righty ho, thanks Tom. Yea my dad said there shouldn't be any play AT ALL too.

Kinda sucks having to do it this week since its only going to be 17 out. I have to pull the car all the way in and hope I have enough room and use a heater :(

I hate fixing things in winter!!!

oh well lol

-Tom :)

Layer up! when i did mine it was around 20 out. T-shirt, Sweater, hoodie, and coat. 'coarse, when you get really working you will sweat off layers too!

-Justin

Layer up! when i did mine it was around 20 out. T-shirt, Sweater, hoodie, and coat. 'coarse, when you get really working you will sweat off layers too!

-Justin

Yea I'm gonna bundel up pretty good, Hat, Gloves, Coat, Thicker T-shirt and Jeans (As always) Once the heater starts taking effect it'll be pretty cozy in there. Just hate my hands, you can't do much with gloves and its like argg!

-Tom

How bad is the leak. Im pretty sure mine is leaking but im on year 2. There some play in the wp also.

The leak is some drips on the timing cover which makes a small damp puddle under the car. I only suck about 1/2" of coolant from the holding tank in a few days. So its not leaking much and the play is very very little (Like what you would have in a New Idler pully, that little bit of movment)

So you think I would be able to drive it till wamrer weather? Anyone think so? I just do want it to just go and then I need to flatbed it home. Whats everyone thoughs on the waterpump?

Well I'm gonna go order one and new gaskets/oring tomorrow from the dealer and I might be able to get it by weds - so I'll see if the leak gets any worse this week. It has gotten worse in the past few weeks (Never used to see any drips on the ground, I only smelled it once in a while)

-Tom

It just depends on your situation tom, i mean i want to fix my car to but im not about to do anything in this weather unless absolutely necessary. Sounds like yours is going quickly where mine is definately more weather prone. It gets worse in the winter. Ive got worse problems then that right now. I have hardly any power under accell because the friggin header pipe is off the head, and loud as ****

Ben, thats true. I just kinda don't want to mess with it till its warmer - but I guess its better to do it ASAP then wait till it totaly fails unexpectedly. So I am gonna see if it gets worse this week (And most likely do it saturday) I might just drive the '99 Blazer this week to be safe (We'll see how it is tomorrow when I go to Wilde Subaru) I'm thinking it should be pretty straight forward once I get the covers off (Some of the screws are spinning due to those metal inserts, didn't do that when I did the oil pump and belts back in '08) Anyone have any good ideas how to quickly remove the covers when those metal inserts spin in there holes? I'm gonna zip tie them on after this.

Your running open head on one side!! Sounds like me when my down pipe broke off the cat (Open header boy!!) Sounded tuff. Hope you don't burn a valve though.

You have bad bearings too right? I hate how things build up so quickly sometimes (Like rust)

Good luck on the rig Ben, I wish you my best.

-Tom

Ok where to start.

1 Fixed po's error when setting the timing belts

2 Fixed po's error when setting the distributor

3 Pulled apart the dash to remove po's mouse friend:mad:

4 Rewired po's poorly wired fog lights

5 Vacumed out car

6 Installed MY Yak Rack:banana:

Now I get to start doing things that I am actually excited about.

Mike

So I've been tinkering with this thing for the last two months. Freshen up this, replace that, tool around the court. Rinse and repeat.

Today I got tags and insurance. I had to take it for a full on run to shake the cobwebbs out.

Note to self. After removing your spare tire to work on your (insert thing here,) be sure to replace it BEFORE you go on a 20 mile shakedown excursion with what you know to be crap tires to begin with.

Don't ask me how I know this...........:grin:

Which brings us back to the title of the thread.

I changed my tire today in the parking lot of the Harley Store, AFTER my girlfriend brought me the spare in the back seat of her new Mustang........:banana:

She's a keeper.

Dan

Bought 4 matched used 15" Blizzaks for 100 bucks total for the 06 Outback (15" wheels wont clear the front calipers without mucho grinding), so intead of ditching the 100 $ Blizzaks, I think i will ditch the Outback soon to be listed for sale i think.

:grin:

and the Blizzaks can go on me Brat

Edited by bheinen74

Bought 4 matched used 15" Blizzaks for 100 bucks total for the 06 Outback (15" wheels wont clear the front calipers without mucho grinding), so intead of ditching the 100 $ Blizzaks, I think i will ditch the Outback soon to be listed for sale i think.

:grin:

and the Blizzaks can go on me Brat

nice score! i had blizzaks before.. they were expensive too. nice score!

-Justin

Rob, kick rump roast!!! Did you get them resurfaced and Powder coated? Look very nice :banana:

-Tom

Hey, I'm not rich :-\

I cleaned them, then prepped them for paint.

Duplicolor gloss black ftw.

After doing several sets like this, I'm getting pretty good at it.

Hey, I'm not rich :-\

I cleaned them, then prepped them for paint.

Duplicolor gloss black ftw.

After doing several sets like this, I'm getting pretty good at it.

Wow, sure don't look like it!

Not rich? You have more Subarus then I can think of lol... I only have one :( (no room for more)

Still looks good, nice job!

Ah the joy of subaru ownership....aka u dont need to be rich to be "rich" in subarus.

This is correct. Being in the right place at the right time helps.

Checking CL every day does too :rolleyes:

Very true, I agree :)

Still wish I could have more then 1.

Once you get your own place and steady/secure job, you will be able to have another (or more).