Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I hav'nt done anything to it recently, however I did just make a deal on some 2.2 motor mounts and also just picked up a mint condition intercooler out of a volvo 740 with all the piping for $32.00. It is all coming together soon i hope, just need the adapter plate, a downpipe to match my turbo and fab a y-uppipe. Then i can start my transplant project into my GL wagon.:banana::banana::banana:

This is correct. Being in the right place at the right time helps.

Checking CL every day does too :rolleyes:

Once you get your own place and steady/secure job, you will be able to have another (or more).

i have my own place and a secure job... i cant have more than 1 :( well... i guess i do have 2 but ones my wifes :) and i gotz billz 2 pay y0 :mad:

Edited by xbeerd

Once you get your own place and steady/secure job, you will be able to have another (or more).

Well I have one of those (I only make $12,000 a year :lol: ) Guess I need a 2nd job. I would like to rent a whole house so I have a garage, but us youngens don't have the money for that nowa days. My auto insurance is about $700 every 6 months, then soon I guess I have to get health care (Might not) I hate being young and new to the world :rolleyes:

Alright enough with the sab stories, I have the Safariwagon stuffed in the garage so I can do a waterpump this weekend in 10 Deg F weather with only a heater. Hope this go's quick!

-Tom

Well I have one of those (I only make $12,000 a year :lol: ) Guess I need a 2nd job. I would like to rent a whole house so I have a garage, but us youngens don't have the money for that nowa days. My auto insurance is about $700 every 6 months, then soon I guess I have to get health care (Might not) I hate being young and new to the world :rolleyes:

Alright enough with the sab stories, I have the Safariwagon stuffed in the garage so I can do a waterpump this weekend in 10 Deg F weather with only a heater. Hope this go's quick!

-Tom

dont sweat man, your car is sweet, when i was your age i had a 89 Olds cutlass ciera. it wasnt sweet. not one bit!

6-10 inches tomorrow! too bad you dont have that pump fixed yet! :(

I would still like to have another Soob, Maybe once My insurance drops I'll look into it more (I can always part it on the road in front of the house) Would like to maybe get a stick 1st gen Legacy or a 1st gen Impreza wagon. I've never driven stick yet (but I watched my dad alot when he drove the Ranger, so I have a good idea when to let the clutch out and feed more gas) Just need to feel the vehicle :)

Hey one quick question about the Waterpump gasket, Its a Genuine gasket and pump. Should I bother with adding any RTV to the gasket or just leave it as is and install it?

-Tom

I would still like to have another Soob, Maybe once My insurance drops I'll look into it more (I can always part it on the road in front of the house) Would like to maybe get a stick 1st gen Legacy or a 1st gen Impreza wagon. I've never driven stick yet (but I watched my dad alot when he drove the Ranger, so I have a good idea when to let the clutch out and feed more gas) Just need to feel the vehicle :)

Hey one quick question about the Waterpump gasket, Its a Genuine gasket and pump. Should I bother with adding any RTV to the gasket or just leave it as is and install it?

-Tom

will your dad insure one for ya? im guessing no because its all part of the 'growin' up thing.

when i did my water pump on our outback, i did the rtv, i would say if you have some around you might as well do it, just takes an extra couple o minutes.

will your dad insure one for ya? im guessing no because its all part of the 'growin' up thing.

when i did my water pump on our outback, i did the rtv, i would say if you have some around you might as well do it, just takes an extra couple o minutes.

Even if they would, I don't really want it (I have my own for the Safariwagon, so I want to stay on my own lol) Eh, I guess theres no big rush in getting another Subaru.

I do have some of the High-temp red RTV. So maybe I'll do it (If its any good that is, its pretty old lol)

Even if they would, I don't really want it (I have my own for the Safariwagon, so I want to stay on my own lol) Eh, I guess theres no big rush in getting another Subaru.

I do have some of the High-temp red RTV. So maybe I'll do it (If its any good that is, its pretty old lol)

but if you see a deal too good to pass up.. might just have to go for it, if its an old one.. just swap plates with your wagon when you wanna drive it, they'll see subaru and that its a wagon and you'll be good, just dont get in an accident! lol..

but if you see a deal too good to pass up.. might just have to go for it, if its an old one.. just swap plates with your wagon when you wanna drive it, they'll see subaru and that its a wagon and you'll be good, just dont get in an accident! lol..

LOL! thats a funny idea, I've only had my licence for 2 or so years and you want me to loose it cause I'm a dumb rump roast? LMAO!

I never see any older Soobs anyway, Everythings EJ :( I duno where Miles seems to find all his EA82s (Out of state maybe?)

LOL! thats a funny idea, I've only had my licence for 2 or so years and you want me to loose it cause I'm a dumb rump roast? LMAO!

I never see any older Soobs anyway, Everythings EJ :( I duno where Miles seems to find all his EA82s (Out of state maybe?)

LOL, i dont think you'd lose your license over it, just a fine for improper registration, drill out the vin's and attach magnets to the back and swap them back and forth! :lol:

i know he's travelled around the state and the midwest (michigan, indiana etc) for them. he seems to be in the right place at the right time. Mad craigslist skillz!

Scott,

Thats the sad thing, even if i get a ticket for no seatbelt - I will lose my licence and will have to retake that test and crap. Cause its a probationary (Spelling) licence. I'll have it till 2012 (When I turn 21)

So I gotta keep my rump roast clean lol.

Miles always seems to have luck with find Subarus, I dunno. Maybe there are more old gens up north? Only thing I can't figure out about him is, when he works? He's like always doing something Subaru related.

Scott,

Thats the sad thing, even if i get a ticket for no seatbelt - I will lose my licence and will have to retake that test and crap. Cause its a probationary (Spelling) licence. I'll have it till 2012 (When I turn 21)

So I gotta keep my rump roast clean lol.

Miles always seems to have luck with find Subarus, I dunno. Maybe there are more old gens up north? Only thing I can't figure out about him is, when he works? He's like always doing something Subaru related.

Probationary till 21? you musta f'd up eh? haha.

please do us all a favor and keep you rump roast clean!:eek::lol:

gotta be at the right place at the right time and move quick on them old soobs i guess.

'84 Gl:

I took emory cloth to the disty contacts and rubbed off the corrosion. Now my GL starts up right away now instead of three long cranks and a chug chug start.

Jury rigged my torn DOJ boot with aluminum tape and heavy mil plastic until my replacement boot comes in. Going to rig up some heat shields for the pipe too.

'95 Legacy:

Gave it a bath to wash off all the damn salt.

Ordered OEM wire set & plugs.

Installed new rotors and pads in the rear.

Greased all slide & lock pins in calipers.

Oil & filter, drain plug & washer changed.

I did that when i was young and broke, I blew up the 390ci engine in my 56' Ford pickup and swapped plates with my 70' ford pickup which had a modified 429 cobra jet. The truck was ugly but fast, 425hp, 475 ft lbs of torque, and a top speed of 130mph. (Not only was i young and broke but stupid as well for driving a 1970 Ford truck at 130 mph.) Anyway, i got pulled over for noise pollution, wrong plates, no insurance, expired license. He let me go with a warning, then I went home and changed my shorts.

Probationary till 21? you musta f'd up eh? haha.

please do us all a favor and keep you rump roast clean!:eek::lol:

gotta be at the right place at the right time and move quick on them old soobs i guess.

Oh wait! My mistake. My Probationary expires 12/11/10 (YAY!!) that means I get my real licence in a year! Only thing I can't do with this licence it drive after 12pm (Which I think is dumb) I prefur driving at late night (No one on the road)

Yea I got your PM, your right, Miles is a cool guy - seems to have a lucky streak Lol.

$1 menu is how I roll aswell!

I finally f'ed the UAV good this time. She overheated REALLY bad, after driving for 6 months with a blown headgasket, It was about damn time. I made it home after letting her cool down and adding water, but yesterday morning, there was o much water in the cly. that she wouldn't crank. I trailored her out to my land to await my move and EJ swap. Won't be long before I will be giving SJR a call :lol:

edit: also gotta mention, my wife's 97 chevy lumina is about the most boring thing I have ever driven. This SUX

Recently bought a '93 Legacy L wagon.. I'm the third owner.. It has 151,000 on the clock and looks okay. I have the origianl title and all of the transfer names on it so I know mileage is accurate. Someone did a little body work on the rust and then painted over the Bondo.. a 20 footer but good enough for me.

It had a minor exhaust leak that I patched with POR 15 epoxy putty.

I got it inspected yesterday and the guy passed me but said that come my next inspection in March..the birthday month.. I may have to replace the entire system. "It's not so bad for a beater" he said. My wife, owns a '93 Impreza, said to me after.."that's all we buy is beaters" and then she laughed.

The only problem with the interior is that the previous owner always took his dog, a shepherd, to work with him and left the dog in the car. Yeah, the car smells..so I've been trying to clean the carpeting but it's a little tough doing it in 20 degree weather. Any suggestions on the odor??

i dont know how it can snow for like 24 hours and the weather people say only 3.5" of accumulation by the airport (near my house). Everywhere else is like 6-12, my wife shovelled when she got home at 9pm, i got home at 11pm and had to shovel a new path to the house, probably 3-4" accumulated in that hour and a half.

oh, what i did in my sooby: played in the snow :)

I know lol. we got a bundle of snow, 6-12 plus drifting. They didn't even get to plowing our road till like 4am. It stopped snowing about 1:30am, so me and pops went out and took care of it.

About my Soob, I'm gonna remove the radiator and work on getting the covers off, so come saturday I can move right along.

I'm driving a '99 Blazer LS S-10 and the damn thing won't turn in deep or slushy snow untill you give it some gas. I hate GMs front diff on these things...

-Tom