Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Hey, I hate not having any snow or ice, trade? Up here its a novelty that comes and goes, sometimes, it snows every other year for a week if we are lucky, but everyone misses the changing of seasons. We normally get two seasons, summer and fall that ends in may. Ya like cold rain?:lol:

Back on topic, I got my ej22 and 5spd d/r mounted on my new power steering rack and crossmember and in my brat. That was fun in gods garage on my sloped and rutted sandy dirt drive. I had to use a shovel under the hoist to lift it to slide plywood underneath every few inches to get into position. I had to stand on a shovel and hold the engine with one hand, (push the motor and the shovel goes down and pull the motor the shovel goes up, while fully extended on the hoist:eek:) and slide the ply around with the other hand. Wee fun! Prolly took me three hours just to get the motor over to the car and over the engine bay and I had a wheeled dolly. Two inches of forward motion would bury the wheels of the dolly or hoist, two inches deep. Lots o fun. At least it had stopped raining.

i sold it, it go bye bye

probally wont do another subaru for a while, going for a cherokee so i can move my fiance this summer, need something that'll take Arizona/New Mexico/Texas summer heat (oi long drive).

heres an interesting fact, insurance on a Datsun Z car is less than a turbo 90 Loyale with FT4WD

i sold it, it go bye bye

probally wont do another subaru for a while, going for a cherokee so i can move my fiance this summer, need something that'll take Arizona/New Mexico/Texas summer heat (oi long drive).

heres an interesting fact, insurance on a Datsun Z car is less than a turbo 90 Loyale with FT4WD

hmm, that IS interesting, but then when the insurance company sees "TURBO" they get a 'rate-boner' im sure a n/a loyale would be cheaper. well.. mines $172 or something every 6 months. i take it back... mines $0, but the liability insurance is $172/6mos. lol

Just got done putting in a new waterpump, Radiator, by-pass hose for heatercore, New thermo, New trans cooling lines, Removed A/C pump (Finaly) alot more space to work with and one less belt!

I busted me rump roast today laddie.

-TJD

good to hear you got that stuff done. where's my mudflaps!! ***************!!:grin:

just kiddin. i'll get them SOME time.

She runs again!! I didn't mess anything up and no more water leaks from what I can see. man is it cold out. I am finaly done.

Haha I'll get your mudflappers to ya soon enough :-p Gotta figure out where you wanna meet up (Depending on how your coming in)

Do you a A/C pump aswell? It seems fine and it works. PM or text or call whatever you want :-p

-TJD

Thinking of going true dual exhaust on the PandaWagon......Would be loud as all get out, but a ej25 would sound awesome that way! Putt putt one side then putt putt the other, repeat!

Question is what woud the ideal pipe size be?

However, first.....gotta find an EJ25 to stuff in it!:-\

Why a EJ25?

I'd say the bigger the pipe the more deep bellow sound it'll give it, I would maybe do 2-1/2" pipe all the way, Flat-4 + Duel 2-1/2" exhaust = mean sounding grumble!

I wonder what a Flat-4 would sound like with a 4" down-pipes duel exhaust going to 6" Stacks? :eek:

Why a EJ25?

I'd say the bigger the pipe the more deep bellow sound it'll give it, I would maybe do 2-1/2" pipe all the way, Flat-4 + Duel 2-1/2" exhaust = mean sounding grumble!

I wonder what a Flat-4 would sound like with a 4" down-pipes duel exhaust going to 6" Stacks? :eek:

POO! :-p

Not to mention the total lack of power unless it was a turbo.

Twitch

I could tell you what the stock pipe sounds AND Feels like when it doesnt go through the Cat! Like CRAP! occasionally it does sound pretty mean but being that soon on the pipe, it sounds like one of the rice burners with a tighter rubberband!

yea, not to mention the lack of power, sound and gas milage!

-Justin

I dunno, I had my passenger side down pipe break off the cat (Right where the weld is) and it sounded pretty mean. Kinda like a demo durby car, but still mean. But you are right, there is a noticeable power drop.

I wonder if Bill has a video of his Brat with the stacks?

-Tom

Without a muffler of some sort, yes, it would sound terrible. When we did the EJ22 conversion, he didn't get the exhaust done immeadiately so it ended right after the cat. Boy, was that LOUD! It sounded terrible too. I heard a EA71 with straight pipes - that sounded mean, but way too loud for street driving.

However, if I use a set of glasspacks or turbo mufflers, that should keep the noise at a reasonable level, but still sound mean with duals.

I toyed with doing duals on the EA82 in my old 86 wagon, but decided against it due to lack of low rpm torque. Since the new engine will be 2.5L, that's 1250cc per side. Should be able to find a good pipe size with that. Anybody know what the size of the EJ22 y-pipe is? I know it's double walled to keep the noise down.

That's option A, option B would be get a set of equal length headers, resonator, and an STi muffler to put on there. Quiet, but deadly.:brow:

The other thing with true duals is whether the ECU will be able to compensate for the fact that it's only seeing half the exhaust gasses....If it goes nuts, then I will have to use option B. Choices choices.....

On a side note...drove my dad's 97 outback (207K on the clock) to work today and boy is that thing picky - bucks with the throttle just off the idle switch, check engine light blinks at me at part throttle with the RPM in the 2-4k region, when it's cold it can't make up it's mind what rpm it wants to run at, checked the codes after arriving at work and said it had 1 count of misfire cyl 4. Strange....after a drive like that it normally gives a misfire on 3 and 4. Tell you what, that's one funky subaru. Looks like I have my work cut out on that one.:eek:

TheLoyale:

The reason for the 2.5 instead of the 2.2 is more displacement and 10:1 compression = more torque!:burnout: Since I'm sticking to a N/A build, I need all the displacement I can get.:) Oh, and prolly no more than 2" pipes if I go true duals, anything larger and I will be working against the pipes instead of with them.

CHIM:

That's awesome!:banana: Love the lifted ea81 bodies. Good looking roo!