Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Ditched the 4656 sealed beams on my GL for some H4's.

H4lights1.jpg

Then made two seperate wiring harnesses for high and low beam with 10ga wire and big sealed Hella relays.

H4lowbeamharness.jpg

(This is only the low beam harness.)

Installed. (Again only the low beam harness in the pic)

installed1.jpg

installed2.jpg

I did the high beam tonight.

Everything works like a charm.

And doing the harnesses just about doubled the light out of the headlights.

Over 14 volts at the bulb running. :grin:

At least after I figured out how Subaru did the stock headlight wiring. Hint: the + is common, the - is switched.

And you have to seperate them as in trigger the high beams off the inner high beam stock wiring, and the low beams off the outer low beam wiring.

Don't just use the outer headlight plug ti trigger both high and low.

Otherwise things tend to crossflow and it all comes on with the low beams.

I would explain more but plenty of how to's can be found on the net for heavy duty headlight harnesses and then you just have to break out the voltmeter and figure out your terminals.

I had some links but they are not on this computer.

Anyway, it's nice to have an even beam pattern with a sharp cutoff. :)

Can't really remember if I put these one in here already:

- Slam w/Honda Civic coilover sleeves - http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj198/Alron400/CoilR.jpg

- Yellow tinted headlights

- RWD Conversion

- Toyota Corolla GTi Semi Bucket-seats

- Icelands Best EA82!!!

22343_254350207262_638442262_3480270_7623045_n.jpg

22343_254350212262_638442262_3480271_539135_n.jpg

22343_254350227262_638442262_3480272_2953402_n.jpg

11462_204199277262_638442262_3247746_789495_n.jpg

Edited by KristjanJohann

Curious what yoru ride was like with honda coilovers and be specific on what your setup was. Lots of people want to go lower but its kinda dificult to achieve easily.

Coilover Sleeves...

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj198/Alron400/CoilR.jpg

They are really bouncy :D So if you have bad roads, not a good idea. Just mounted instead of the stock springs on your shocks. Don't fit 100% right, but with some mods you can make it work.

OK. Here's one for you. Those of you who have an EA engine, and HATE the perpetually loose oil cap? Ever wonder if an EJ oil fill spout would fit on an EA82T? YEP!!!!!!!

post-17879-136027638462_thumb.jpg

You have to drill the bolt holes a bit bigger. The EJ tube has an o-ring slot. You might be able to find a big enough o-ring to seal it. I didn't and was in a hurry, so I simply made a gasket for the engine / oil fill tube.

Edited by Sonicfrog

I blew a T-belt today luckily it was the right hand one and the engine stayed running. Unfortunately it broke 50+ miles from home 900cc in a 2500lb car SUCKS but I made it home and put on my new set of belts. it runs smooth and strong again.

Edited by vagen

Battery terminals were caked with crud so took them apart cleaned them and the battery up real good. This summer probally need to trim back the wires maybe even replace the cable ends for less beatup ones. Starts much faster now. Didnt get a chance to fix the exhaust leak which sucks, lost my garage and there is water everywhere due to the melting:grin:. On the other hand i drug every tool into the apartment so i can clean them and organize them.

Swapped welded rear in. Rebuilt both rear axles put one in. Rebuilt front right cv. Car got in a bit of a wreck so figuring out how I'm going to put Toyota corrolla head lights on car. Built a winch bumper, finishing welding it on the brackets then rear bumper. Pictures when it looks a little better.

Swapped welded rear in. Rebuilt both rear axles put one in. Rebuilt front right cv. Car got in a bit of a wreck so figuring out how I'm going to put Toyota corrolla head lights on car. Built a winch bumper, finishing welding it on the brackets then rear bumper. Pictures when it looks a little better.

Right on! I wanna see this!

-Tom

Thanks!

Yes painted it with regular spray paint (for-exterior-plastic application) Valspar brand. Primed it first. The dash involved taping newspaper to the windshield and trash bags in the compartment area. one coat of primer and two coats of paint done with one can of primer and two cans of the tan paint.

For the detailed tricky areas, I sprayed paint into the cap and used a small paint brush.

But all the rest was piece of cake disassembly and paint away...