Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I found I had a leak in the tank where I could not get to and I couldn't drop the tank without shearing the bolts. As this is my work car, it can't be down for long.

In these parts it's not uncommon to see a truck rednecked and it gaveme the idea for my recent project for it.

24049_1380962960171_1114842834_31154242_5302719_n.jpg

This is before I cleaned the back out and remounted my tool box.

Replaced wheel bearing in the front end, and used different knuckles, because this car seems to eat wheel bearings. Also replaced the driverside tierod. Ran out of daylight, so I have to wait untill tomarrow to align the front end.

I put my RX on the road. I hope to get a year out of the EA82T. I have N/A pistons with a TD04 off a 2002 WRX at 5 PSI, 2 1\2 mandrel-bent exhaust, 3rd Gen heads with new bearings, rods & mains.

Yay for grammar!!

had a scrub session with my enkeis today

Before and as I got them

DSC_2566.jpg

and this is after 1/2 hour with steel wool and brushes :banana:

DSC_2565.jpg

I'll have photos of the race decals later (when it's light out)

by the looks of that halogen light, i'd say things took a little longer than expected and thats why ya didnt make it over to Steves... :)

i was hopin to get that subaru alliance sticker this weekend.. oh well. maybe next weekend?

what did i do recently...

replaced outer tie rod end on the 00utback.

attempted to fix the Yakima copperhead bike rack fork mounts on the 00utback.

next step: buy replacement parts for siezed up forkmount. :/

NOTE TO SELF: take the damn parts off before winter this year!:rolleyes:

Yea, The brake pads I got from Beck/arnley were made defective (Really crappy, I will show you in person next weekend) so I went to Bumper to bumper and bought some new pads which work great! I didn't get done till 9pm, I started at 11am. I wasn't in any real rush anyhow..

Yea, lets meet up next weekend. Either at Foxs place or some place (Store, Food place ect..) maybe give Fox (Liz) a break from us? Lol.

Yea, The brake pads I got from Beck/arnley were made defective (Really crappy, I will show you in person next weekend) so I went to Bumper to bumper and bought some new pads which work great! I didn't get done till 9pm, I started at 11am. I wasn't in any real rush anyhow..

Yea, lets meet up next weekend. Either at Foxs place or some place (Store, Food place ect..) maybe give Fox (Liz) a break from us? Lol.

I should have time this weekend. I MIGHT have to work a lunch on saturday but i might take a personal day since i'll be off all the following week anyways. :lol: I love having 4+ weeks of vacation!

do you know did that house ever get torn down behind his garage?

Those Rotors are genuine, but Rockauto.com has good brands too.

Scott, not sure if the house is gone or not? Lol.. Let me know if you take off and where ya want to meet, I'm down with a food idea "Summers here!!"

ok, after noon for sure... so you dont get sick! :grin:

Hit up the u pull n pay today and I was in hog heaven Loyales and GLs as far as the eye can see even saw a few BRATs, finally found a flange to silence the exaust, that little piece that covers the center bolt on the dash, and a rubber piece to hold up the hood prop. (though somehow I lost it while searching for a rubber mallet in the back) also spotted some fenders and they are even the same color as my car.... I need to replace all 4 but just found 3.... though anyone know if a Loyale SW's rear fenders will fit onto a GL SWs body? Also the fenders are just bolted on right? No spot welding?

The rear fenders on a Loyale/GL/DL and any other Subaru, are part of the main body support/sub-frame - So they will not "un-bolt" you would need to cut and reweld them if you were t replace them.

VW bugs and Fiat 500s the rear fenders come off Lol..

Got $3,000 in goodies not including the bumpers roof rack and tail light guards that are coming this month from HTI

new ignition switch to be mounted elsewhere (somewhere fancy) and push start button

DSCF0184.jpg

some of the wiring kit for the amps and misc gear going into this rig

DSCF0185.jpg

600watt power inverter (going in glove box)

DSCF0186.jpg

800watt pioneer premier amp

DSCF0187.jpg

1000watt JL Audio amp

DSCF0188.jpg

320 watt component speaker amp

DSCF0189.jpg

Two 1500watt pioneer premier shallow 12's

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

1500watt 12w7 (aka dub7)

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

18 Farad BOSS Audio Capacitor

DSCF0194.jpg

Last limb battery charger

DSCF0195.jpg

VR3 GPS with license plate mounted backup camera

DSCF0196.jpg

3kc3pc3l95W05X15S6a3mfc75ca5a56b41a.jpg

135watt jbl 2 way door speakers (5 1/4)

DSCF0197.jpg

Everything together with the exception of whats already in it

DSCF0198.jpg

Whats left to do?

*Delta Cams

*Line-X the interior plastics, Door panels & headliner (dash too)

*RX Drive-train (for the locker)

*All new custom seats

*12k lb. winch

*Dark grey carpet kit

*Rear disk break swap

*Four Hella Rally 4000 lights, two hella back up lights and hid conversion

*And recovery Gear such as: tow straps and come alongs

im sure there's more

Edited by True2Blue