Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Did some work on the subaru today. Fixed some broken vacuum lines and put on my new used iac valve and other one ? I also reattached the power cord for the cb. I despirately need to clean it out. Any advice on cleaning out alot of gravel dust from an interior. I would think that water and other stuff would make a bigger mess.

Tried a vacuume. Only scratches the surface.

At carpet machine would suck all that dust out (With water) try to suck up as much dust with the vac before you clean it with a carpet machine (It'll clog up other wise)

Or just rip the carpeting out and paint the floor with hurculiner! :banana:

No that would make it LOUDER inside. Its an offroader but i enjoy less sound inside.

I guess you haven't road in my EA82 then, Its loud inside (I don't know an old Subaru that isn't)

I enjoying hearing the vehicle, even on long trips at interstate speeds. funny thing is even if I have a headache the sound of the car kinda relaxes it.

"Soothing sounds of the FLAT-4" I'm gonna make a sound therapy CD for the masses!

First front drive CV axle swap. '88 GL wagon, the budget rig.

P-A-P used axle assy. $18.50 + 3.30 core, now no more clicking grinding and general blow up noises. My old axle hand no inner boot and a ripped outer. Grease everywhere. Looks like front brakes are in the works soon.

Got a little anxious with the LCD in dash... so i installed it this morning, no sanding or anything yet but just to get a peak at it:

20100801114024-DSCN1349.JPG

and i still got cup holders!

20100801114035-DSCN1350.JPG

Well. at the moment I'm at a good spot. I'm going to sand down the mold so that i can apply bondo to it mold it, and make it pretty.. paint it and call it done.

Perhaps tuesday I'll install the laptop. I was thinking in the glove box so that i can still utilize the DVD player in it, but we'll see.

Oh btw, Money shots!

20100801231557-DSCN1351.JPG

20100801231610-DSCN1352.JPG

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03

i have a few goodies that will be going on soon but for now its just one (well 4)

see if you can spot the difference

before

13e08044.jpg

after

abb30e91.jpg

if you aren't sure the wheels are spaced out 1/2" yay hugely long studs.

more to come

Edited by vagen

Just pointing out that this thread has had well over 50,000 (56,019) views to date! More then any other thread on USMB. and is close to 1300 posts - Is that something or what!

picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=2553

-Tom

It needs a sticky to the top! and a "bestest thread evar" commendation.

seriously though, it needs to be stickied.

also, did the final install on my stereo. its a short bodied CD-less digital media reciever. here is a pic installed. also added an amp and 2 crappy 10's. That car is a rolling enclosure. Open the hatch, sucks. close the hatch, AWESOME.

IMAG0155.jpg

here is the link for the stereo. Its hella good for the price

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-XR4110-Mechless-Digital-Receiver/dp/B002OR0HWI

Did some work on the subaru today. Fixed some broken vacuum lines and put on my new used iac valve and other one ? I also reattached the power cord for the cb. I despirately need to clean it out. Any advice on cleaning out alot of gravel dust from an interior. I would think that water and other stuff would make a bigger mess.

Pull the carpet out one night when the weather man says no rain for the next day, get up in the morning, take it to a car wash and pressure wash it, tie it to the roof for the drive home. let it sit in the sun over a pivot point so any excess water can run off (I usually shop vac for good measure) and it should be dry by sun down. If you want to make a real trick out of it, get some carpet and upholstery paint and make it new looking again. Done this dozens of times with flipper cars.

also, don't forget to flip it over so the insulation can dry too. and this method will remove anything except for rust stains, but those paint over :grin:

Replaced the starter (again)

Removed the fusible link and replaced them with inline fuses

Changed the plugs

Fixed the high RPM issue, had to tinker with the idle screw and the cable adjuster.

Changed the main belt

I got my car back running again!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by MaddCelt