Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

That is a great idea! wow, Will have to see how it holds up (I dont have a rust problem in my main brat (Texas) but my trailer brat is rusted bad..., I will try this... Where did you get the vinyl?

-Daniel

I got the vinyl from a friend but you can probably get it at one of those large home improvemnt store's. You want the rigid stuff that you can hardly bend. That's what I used anyhow. I made the template with a piece of old newspaper. Traced the outline onto the vinyl with a laundry pen and cut the vinyl with large scissor's. I used a few of those short self tapping screws to hold it in place while the glue dried.:banana:

Fixed two things in one day so it was a good way to close out 2010.

Finally replaced my hood release cable so I could put my grill back on after the cable broke 4 months ago. Then pulled the rear window wiper motor and regreased it. I have never seen the rear window wiper move so fast before!!! :banana:

Put a new Dual radio/cd player into the Brat to replace a Pioneer cassette player that wasnt hooked up when I bought it. Realized later that the red acc cable wasnt acc as in amp or subs, but has to be tied to ignition or whatnot :)

Bought some Rustoleum bedliner as a preventative measure against rust but its too cold to put it on at the moment.. was happy to see someone had sprayed an undercoat of the same stuff around the wheel wells, no cancer in this one ^^ Had to sand and spray the metal skid plate for the bed though, now is nice and shiny black.

I got the headgasket finished on my wifes 99 OBW. First time doing it. Besides some setback, I found it to be relatively easy. Now I am looking for another 2.5 to rebuild and put in my Forester. I think I am hooked on semi-rebuilding engines.

-Lance

A lot! rear five lug on my brat, refinished alloys for it, working on the subframe right now tying to get ea82 control arms to fit it, got an AWD trans, got the franken motor somewhat together (still need to do the timing belt and bolt the intake on) I also had to change my radiator hoses on my 92 legacy after I had a bit of a steamy mess one night. (I probably should change them before they explode next time :drunk: )

Broke mine in a bit. Took it for the longest drive ive done since i got it. Ran good the whole time.

Also ordered new hatch lift supports and arranged my tools(my hydraulic jack, tow strap AND 25 ft jumper cables fit nicely in the floor compartment :banana:). Also put my 15" sub in the back, just waiting to find an install kit to put in one of my spare radios and wire up the amp.

I changed the oil and filter (10w30 Valvoline synth and scoob filter) on the 87 GL. It really likes the slippery stuff.

Also, the legacy outback has a new driver's side heated power mirror on it's way in the mail, so I took the door apart and popped off the broken one preemptively.

Now to fix this dang computer. :)

my buddy had some dual blade wipers for his rig but they were the wrong size so i modified my wiper clips to fit em. work pretty damn good :D

dual blades cause lots more strain on the wiper motor and over time will cut its life short. too much friction with the extra blade.

be careful with that type mod. you can read up on this on the google.

Last weekend I replaced the transmission and diff fluid in my RX with Redline 75W90NS. While under the car I noticed the outer right front CV boot had cracked so I had that replaced today. Since I had a coupon for a free oil change from the shop I use, I figured I would let them do that too. I need to address to oil leaks at the front of the engine sometime. It will have to be after this semester, at least.