Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Put a properly rebuilt Hitachi on the Brat, hooked up the lines and fired it up. Adjusted the idle and took it for a ride. Runs great, smooth and good power. Doesn't seem rich, should pass smog, fingers crossed. A positive day with the ole Brat for a change.

^^^^^ Is that a 110v electric heater where your stereo is supposed go?!?

Yup! Works great too. Haven't got around to pulling the heater core or flushing it out to get a little heat. Just enough out of the stock heater to barely defrost the window.

My new rear wagon lift supports are the wrong ones i think :banghead:

They gave me Mighty Lift d95720. They have the right end for one but for the other thay have a ball type seating... Anyone else have this issue? Let me check the Autozone website to see if it was the right part number.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Mighty-Lift-Support-Lifts/1987-Subaru-GL/_/N-iiun1Z8ii2g?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=lift+support&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=193508_3214_1791_

Well what the hell. They SAY its the right part number, but i dont see how they'll work...

Edited by ghost

My new rear wagon lift supports are the wrong ones i think :banghead:

They gave me Mighty Lift d95720. They have the right end for one but for the other thay have a ball type seating... Anyone else have this issue? Let me check the Autozone website to see if it was the right part number.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Mighty-Lift-Support-Lifts/1987-Subaru-GL/_/N-iiun1Z8ii2g?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=lift+support&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=193508_3214_1791_

Well what the hell. They SAY its the right part number, but i dont see how they'll work...

I got a set once that I either had to take off a mount pice, or a reused one of the stock ends....

I have a 99 legacy wagon , the timing belt blew out,i have read 97-99 2.2 are interference motors i have a good 93 or 94 motor 2.2 on shelve can i use that non interference motor to replace into 99 wagon?

You have a phase2 engine, and can't swap your old ej22 in.

There's a chance though it didn't bend valves, I know someone with a 99 that survived a broken belt.

I got a set once that I either had to take off a mount pice, or a reused one of the stock ends....

That doesnt seem to be the case with this. It had a ball socket end for one side that cant be removed and theres not a ball in sight for it to attached too.

:(

Look for a '95 EJ22. It'll be Duel-port and won't be Interference.

His is a 99 though. Which means it's a phase2 ej22. Just like the phase 2 ej25 it has a MAP, different wiring, etc. The intake (I've been told) from a phase2 ej22 won't bolt to a phase1 one. I'd love it if it would... but that's how it be.

Hmm, interesting. I will have to look into that. From what I have seen on 2nd Gen Legacys in the Junkyard, the plugs and bellhousing looks the same, only thing I seen a being a little different is the Air intake styling, but the sensors look to be in the same place. Anyone else have some info about this?

-Tom

His is a 99 though. Which means it's a phase2 ej22. Just like the phase 2 ej25 it has a MAP, different wiring, etc. The intake (I've been told) from a phase2 ej22 won't bolt to a phase1 one. I'd love it if it would... but that's how it be.

Im new on here and thought this would be a good place to start. bought a 90 loyale N/A about a month ago. i put a big rump roast roof rack on it, gl-10 seats, new bumper, gl-10 rear wind deflector, speakers and stereo, this week the gl-10 rear disks are going on along with the cb radio install. CIMG0441.jpg