Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Why do you have the trunk lid in your room? Lol! Your room should only house Engine blocks and D/R trannys.

Installed my Badge of Ownership today! I did it crooked though :( Oh well.

badge.jpg

Made Ned a facebook too haha ;)

Future plans:

5 lug swap, gotta start window shopping til bills and paybacks are done then I start shopping.

WRX Wheels, Gold Paint

Subaru STI Blue Paintjob on whole car.

hah i think that was the first thing i did to my subie. it was cool at first but it got annoying after awhile. Readjusted my camber again on the rear. i think my wheel offset being like 2 inches over stock is a little much for it. hah if anyone thinks otherwise let me know. i torqued those damn bolts to like 100 ft pounds

Why do you have the trunk lid in your room? Lol! Your room should only house Engine blocks and D/R trannys.

The directions say that ideal installation temp of the Badge of Ownership is 70-80 degrees... its like 50 outside so I took the trunk inside, let it warm up, installed the stickers and let them hang out and then installed the trunk again.

The directions say that ideal installation temp of the Badge of Ownership is 70-80 degrees... its like 50 outside so I took the trunk inside, let it warm up, installed the stickers and let them hang out and then installed the trunk again.

Heat gun?

I finally bit the bullet and bought new 27" A/T tires to put on the Allied Armament rims that have been aging like red wine in my garage.

0309011339.jpg

nice look..before the 27's, were u rolling on ur stock 13's while wagon was lifted? is so, how the ride. bout to put a 4" lift this week on my loyale, but dont have bigger wheels/tires yet

I dont have one.

Now its raining and the directions say not to wash the car. Stupid Oregon.

Hair drier? I've used one in the garage a few times... my sister caught me in the garage with it once though. Oh boy did I get a mouthful from that one :lol:

nice look..before the 27's, were u rolling on ur stock 13's while wagon was lifted? is so, how the ride. bout to put a 4" lift this week on my loyale, but dont have bigger wheels/tires yet

Actually I only drove a week with the stock rims and the 4" lift. Before the 27's and AA rims I was running 29's on re-drilled rims. I think the 27's handle better than the 29's and feel less bouncy. They get noticeably more torque, too. With the 4" you get most of your clearance from tires, not really much from the lift.

Edited by kanurys

Well I replaced the front drivers side axle today. I had ordered an empi from amazon but somehow ordered the wrong one.:-\ I didn't notice until I had the bad one out, so had to get one from the local Kragen. I put it in and it was clicking right off the bat! :mad:

I drove for a few miles anyway and it has gotten better but man this sucks.

I'll drive it to work tomorrow and if it doesnt get better I'm taking it back. At least it has a lifetime warranty and my front end isn't hopping between 45-55mph anymore.

Daniel

Actually I only drove a week with the stock rims and the 4" lift. Before the 27's and AA rims I was running 29's on re-drilled rims. I think the 27's handle better than the 29's and feel less bouncy. They get noticeably more torque, too. With the 4" you get most of your clearance from tires, not really much from the lift.

thanks for the info..i keep that in mind when im ready for tires. i gonna need all the power i can get w/ stock motor. are u running EA or EJ motor in wagon?

thanks for the info..i keep that in mind when im ready for tires. i gonna need all the power i can get w/ stock motor. are u running EA or EJ motor in wagon?

rebuilt ea82, weber-ed. I'd go with an ej22 if you have the opportunity. My EA heads are decked so it has a little higher compression than stock, which is noticeable in low rpm torque. The ej22 will kick more butt, though. Just search around. There are a ton of threads discussing these subjects in detail.

Today I got all the parts for the legacy outback suspension rebuild - all sti bushings and KYB shocks. Also going to replace tie rod ends and ball joints. This will be a nice compliment to the sti engine and transmission mounts in it. While I'm doing all this I will be driving the GL! YES!

Edited by kanurys

I have taken the Front fenders, Bumper, and soon to be hood, off my EA82. I am getting the hood and fenders repainted by a DuPont certified Tech.

I have also swapped out some of the under-hood hardware for Stainless, the idea is to keep the rust down.

I also have to address some rust issues while the fenders are off and might have to weld in a section of metal just in front on the front passenger door (Where the rocker curves up)