Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I want to do this in both of my cars, what was needed to do the job? Where the LEDs anything special? Where did you get them and what was the part number?

Led's from superbrightleds.com and it's the NEO3X the high powered one. need 3 of them.

I can't say but i figure it might be hard to see it?

I was thinking that too, but I figure if its night (Which it should be lol) there might be a deep blue glow or something. Anything has to be better then nothing :-p

I really never knew the hazard button had a light in it (Wow!)

I was thinking that too, but I figure if its night (Which it should be lol) there might be a deep blue glow or something. Anything has to be better then nothing :-p

I really never knew the hazard button had a light in it (Wow!)

LOL yah it has one.. also the AC button switch does as too.. but the dealer says it's not a replaceable light.. but if you take it out and look it's nothing but a twist lock like the air controls.. mine has not blown out yet which is rare.. but at least I know I can change it now..

Yeah the only lights that work on my Air controls are the Amber lights above each setting, thats it Lol! I thought that was kinda dumb if thats how it was factory :-p

Yeah I took theControl unit apart, there are like 4 twist bulbs from what I can see.

I was back at the drill press today, my friend jeff walked in, and I heard him say, "Isn't something missing over here?". :grin:

The EA-82 block will find it's way in there ASAP, for a trial/test fit.

I need studs and serated flange nuts to finish bolting the intake on. And some other stuff.

Doug

Yeah the only lights that work on my Air controls are the Amber lights above each setting, thats it Lol! I thought that was kinda dumb if thats how it was factory :-p

Yeah I took theControl unit apart, there are like 4 twist bulbs from what I can see.

Tom, I ordered some extra "cool whites" for you as well when I ordered mine, just in case you change your mind.

My friend Trent sold me some 60 spoke, 6 lug, 13"X7" chrome rims cheap a while back. He had to junk the Nissan pickup, it just about rusted in half. Anyway.

I've spent a bit of time with one wheel today on the drill press...and grinder. I'm going to do a test fit in the AM and see what/if I need to do anything else.

I ground a 4X140 EA-82 hub down to fit the wheel from either side.

I'm going to have to take a picture.

Doug

"MADE IN USA 13 x 7 JB DOT INTERC 05 18 1996"

picture.php?albumid=280&pictureid=3107

Backside.

picture.php?albumid=280&pictureid=3108

It's sitting as is. More grinding needed, possibly an aluminum spacer/insert, test fit.

Cost: $10.00 plus labor so far.

Edited by Quidam

I took these today, Next is a test fit on a car.

picture.php?albumid=290&pictureid=3109

This is the hub I said was ground down...take that center cap off, insert the hub I ground into the front of that wheel...

picture.php?albumid=290&pictureid=3112

"PLAN? i AIN'T GOT NO PLAN."

picture.php?albumid=290&pictureid=3110

Something like these will work.

$(KGrHqYOKjQE3!lkJ-)rBNzCk4fI!w~~_12.JPG

Edited by Quidam

Got a replacement grill yesterday for my outback but I cracked the subaru logo that sticks in the middle trying to remove it ($35 dealer part :eek: )

Anyways This is what I did..

IMAG0492-1.jpg

IMAG0494-1.jpg

I painted it flat black and giving it a glossy clear I'm about to check how it will look on the car.

"JDM"'d my tail lights. yeah its a direct bite from 1982gl4 but it looks better dangit! and I still managed to chip one. the second came out good. i just used the heat gun longer and let the heat soak into the glue more. (about 3x5minute heat sessions with about 2 minutes in between for the heat to dissipate away from the lens, then pry the little tabs on top and bottom and pull. BTW that friggen plastic gets HOT! :lol:

IMG_20110603_081127.jpg

Also had to go get my brother's wrx. a while back the drain plug fell out of the transmission... needless to say a new drain plug didn't COMPLETELY fix it. Passenger front diff bearing is gone and took the seal with it. :eek: Out she comes again... :mad: :-\

IMG_20110603_081138.jpg

I might have an extra one I can mail you. I just steal them from the Junkyards ;)

Got a replacement grill yesterday for my outback but I cracked the subaru logo that sticks in the middle trying to remove it ($35 dealer part :eek: )

Anyways This is what I did..

IMAG0492-1.jpg

IMAG0494-1.jpg

I painted it flat black and giving it a glossy clear I'm about to check how it will look on the car.

"Walks through parking lot at 2 A.M and pops one off"

:cool:

LOL this auto repair shop has had this white legacy outback sitting out near the street for at least 3 years that I can think of.. I was always like I'm going to go take that grill :P

too bad it's an auto... I was going to make offers..

friggen awesome yellow fogs! :slobber:

LOL omg I would have never expected so many people look at my fogs when driving and more so at dusk when I'm driving around.. I love them! My mom says it looks distracting but they really do good.