Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Actually, Fog Lights should be Yellow. Helps cut the reflected light (back at the driver) down better than what a White Light does.

LOL omg I would have never expected so many people look at my fogs when driving and more so at dusk when I'm driving around.. I love them! My mom says it looks distracting but they really do good.

Actually, Fog Lights should be Yellow. Helps cut the reflected light (back at the driver) down better than what a White Light does.

yep that's why I decided to make them yellow.. they worked out very good when I hit that 5 miles of heavy fog in the poconos in PA.

"JDM"'d my tail lights. yeah its a direct bite from 1982gl4 but it looks better dangit! and I still managed to chip one. the second came out good. i just used the heat gun longer and let the heat soak into the glue more. (about 3x5minute heat sessions with about 2 minutes in between for the heat to dissipate away from the lens, then pry the little tabs on top and bottom and pull. BTW that friggen plastic gets HOT! :lol:

IMG_20110603_081127.jpg

Also had to go get my brother's wrx. a while back the drain plug fell out of the transmission... needless to say a new drain plug didn't COMPLETELY fix it. Passenger front diff bearing is gone and took the seal with it. :eek: Out she comes again... :mad: :-\

IMG_20110603_081138.jpg

By far one of my favorite mods I've done to my car, besides the strait pipe :lol: It's funny both of our cars started looking like plain white on blue lego wagons...

yep that's why I decided to make them yellow.. they worked out very good when I hit that 5 miles of heavy fog in the poconos in PA.

and to think, it took mercedes millions of dollars to come up with what you just did :lol:

that is funny that yours was white on blue! :banana:

Got the '95 on a friends hoist to do a Duty C solenoid and clutch pack replacement. Removed the exhaust, heat shield, and drive shaft assembly no problem. Got the tail housing off and got a terrible surprise, transfer clutch drum was sheared off the shaft. :mad:

Any one know where I can pick up a new/used transfer clutch drum? :confused:

I took spare cam case bolts and some spent steel rifle shell casings...

Cut the tapered end off the casings and pushed them into the mounting holes into the intake with the CC bolts. Fits perfect and the bushings go through the top flange and slghtly extend into the base plates.

Next is to bush the underside of the base plates. I need it "locked" in place to do porting work.

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=3121

Everything here is still subject to interpertation and modification.

It's the same color, it's was even painted from the same gallon of paint left over. But the car was painted three years ago. Toreador Red has a bad habit of turing orange...

1-39.jpg

Oh wow, yeah I thought I saw a different shade or color in your picture. (At least its not like Dodge paint in which flakes off to bare metal) ;)

well somehow the tranny drain plug in my legacy came out and i lost all my gear oil .... not sure how or when but i got lucky and caught it before i did any damage phweew.

I am also glad to say i am making good progress on the EJ20H brat swap check out my thread for details http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116818 < last few pages.

Cheers R.

Edited by subaruguru

Ball joints. 'Nuff said.

IMG00210.jpg

I swear, next time I buy a car, it's coming from out west. I've had enough of this rust.

my last legacy I had a hard time getting mine out.. I had no clue that you were not suppose to pry on the area to get them out and I started to see cracks in the metal :-/

I had a pickle fork and I still had issues with it.. but the next time I do it I will be a bit more careful.

Going to try and install this maybe this weekend...

DSC_2410.jpg