Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Ball joints. 'Nuff said.

IMG00210.jpg

I swear, next time I buy a car, it's coming from out west. I've had enough of this rust.

You're lucky the bolts actually came out. On both of my Subarus the bolts we already snapped off by somebody else. Had to carefully drill the bolts out and used longer bolts with a nut and lock washer on the end.

Had a tie rod break on me! The socket popped out on a low speed corner after about 2 mins of creaking noises as a warning.

Replaced both and the lil' subes turning lighter, faster, sharper.

Looked like the PO had tapped it back in and covered it with glue/sealant or something.

$25 a tie rod new compared to $7 from the JY.

Ball joints probably next thing to get changed. ^

Broke a front axle in my 89 at Uwharrie a couple of weeks ago. Replaced both front axles, put 2 new tires on the rear and some good tires on the front, washed it(first time since owning the car), waxed it, drove it on down to the Outer Banks and half way there the exhaust let loose and broke at the flange right after the cat, so i cut the pipe in half with a hacksaw in a parking lot. Went riding the beaches and and got asked dozens of times if it was a 4wd.

in my 89 I broke a front axle at uwharrie, replaced both front axles, had to cut my exhauts out from under the car when it broke off at the flange on the way out to the Outer Banks, put 2 new tires on the rear and some good tires on the front, washed it, and waxed it. Took it out on the beaches down at the Outer Banks. did about 1000 miles in 3 days with no problems other than the exhaust breaking.

Nice! How'd you do that? Right now my engine is covered in mud. It could use a cleaning.

Is that painted, or just cleaned up well? I can appreciate the effort to paint by removing EVERYTHING to do so

I repainted it. I didn't remove everything, but I had the heads off so I figured I would flop the harness over the fender, and remove everything I could, and went at it with toreador red. The hood is still the original brown color on the bottom, but due to rust it wasn't worth repainting....

Added a tachometer and cruise control (almost done) to the '96 Brighton. Fixed the lights in the climate control and installed rear tail gate lift shocks as well.

I gotta do my liftgate supports too where did you get yours from? they don't look hard to do at all? I just hate having to remember to push it up enough so I wont bang my head.

Took my off the same Outback in the junk yard that I got the cruise control from. Rockauto has them new for about $12 to $18 each under the "body - exterior" section.

Ah good to know they have them no big rush, man I'm nearing $1,000 spent at rockauto

"Needs more boost." OK:)

I've been working on an EA-82TT. I need to tack the drivers side up pipe in a couple places, then test fit in a car. The up pipe needs to clear the steering joint and shaft. I have a small power brake booster if I need it.

picture.php?albumid=293&pictureid=3129

Doug

Edit: Drilled the drivers side head for oil return fitting, just like the other side. Metal tubing for coolant supply, in drivers side head. TT inspired by the EJ-20 and Twitch:)

Edited by Quidam

I've been working on an EA-82TT. I need to tack the drivers side up pipe in a couple places, then test fit in a car. The up pipe needs to clear the steering joint and shaft. I have a small power brake booster if I need it.

Doug

Edit: Drilled the drivers side head for oil return fitting, just like the other side. Metal tubing for coolant supply, in drivers side head. TT inspired by the EJ-20 and Twitch:)

This should be interesting.... I see the driver's cam carrier is missing something, no?

And just to stay on topic, what I did to my Suby lately: Drove it, of course!:lol: To check out the Chiricahua Mountain fire:

5826372575_0f07335f6a_d.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44982071@N04/sets/72157626823266515/with/5826367825/

***Cough*** Smokey!

Edited by subynut
Put head instead of cam carrier

Doug

do you have a build thread for this?