Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

"I see the driver's cam carrier is missing something, no?"

The cam is in there. I cut the valve cover, cam carrier, and cam shaft distributor drive off. Needs welded up still. Will be crank trigger/DIS/coil on plug. Or coil pack, not sure yet.

I'm building three engines right now, no build thread on this...

Doug

"Needs more boost." OK:)

I've been working on an EA-82TT. I need to tack the drivers side up pipe in a couple places, then test fit in a car. The up pipe needs to clear the steering joint and shaft. I have a small power brake booster if I need it.

picture.php?albumid=293&pictureid=3129

Doug

Edit: Drilled the drivers side head for oil return fitting, just like the other side. Metal tubing for coolant supply, in drivers side head. TT inspired by the EJ-20 and Twitch:)

dude, definitely make sure to do a write up. a friend of mine and i came up with the same badass idea about 6 months ago, but didnt quite have the funding for it. if you can make it work i really want to see.

Got to work on the Outback and finally replaced my Transverse Link bushings (no more clunking, kinda nice) and got around to replacing my radio antenna for the 2nd and (hopefully) final time. All I have to do now is make a support bracket for my new antenna as it's a little different than OEM.

Had another blowout on the legacy drivers rear and it was actually quite spectacular the tread completly ripped off and the tire blew off the rim sounded like a shot gun went off inside the car.

It was strange because melissa (my gf) and i had went to sunnyside to get a bunny (she breeds bunnys) i decided not to take the freeway and take the yakima highway after the tire blew i got out and found that i hadn't put the jack back in the trunk :eek: so as i am getting back in the car to call for help this guy is walking across the yard of the house we stopped in front of after a second look i notice i know him from the speed motorsports motorcycle shop here in union gap lol i pull the car into his driveway and he lends me a jack to put my spare on.

As we left i thought how lucky i am to just happen to blow a tire in front of a house surrounded by a vineyard in BFE and already know the guy that lives there lol small world.

Cheers R.

I just drove mine for the first time!! I finished overhauling the entire thing down to every nut and it is Gorgeous (in my eyes at Least) it's a 96 impreza outback.. I do sadly have to replace One wheel stud and it will be officially, mechanically done.. I also deep cleaned the entire interior, dash, seats and all (including taking anything apart that would come) and it shall be registered and road legal in the weeks to come.

I Love This Day!

dude, definitely make sure to do a write up. a friend of mine and i came up with the same badass idea about 6 months ago, but didnt quite have the funding for it. if you can make it work i really want to see.

Sure, I'll post pics. I made a lot of progress with the header, coolant and oil lines, and thinking it all through. Using all Subaru parts so far.

Doug

What I've done to my Subaru lately...unboxed new heads.

Does cursing him to hell count?

Put the interior back together, cleaned him up, got the papaerwork for the tags, went to start the Justy and it wouldnt start.

i think it is that stupid 23yo fuel pump. If it cant last half a century whats the good in making it in the first place!

i just drove mine for the first time!! I finished overhauling the entire thing down to every nut and it is gorgeous (in my eyes at least) it's a 96 impreza outback.. I do sadly have to replace one wheel stud and it will be officially, mechanically done.. I also deep cleaned the entire interior, dash, seats and all (including taking anything apart that would come) and it shall be registered and road legal in the weeks to come.

I love this day!

pics!

I took out two windows last week. Looked into replacement and that was going to run me $185 for the hatch window. I hit the You Pull It and found a whole hatch, same year, color and with the spoiler mine was missing for $175.

So today I went out and pulled it and replaced the old hatch. Still need to finish replacing all the trim but I ran out of light.

Did the inner tie rod ends yesterday, which was 300x easier than I expected. It's great when there's a job that isn't hampered by layers upon layers of rust! :banana:

A guy is coming later today to install my JY windshield so I can pass MO state inspections and get new plates.

Did the inner tie rod ends yesterday, which was 300x easier than I expected. It's great when there's a job that isn't hampered by layers upon layers of rust! :banana:

A guy is coming later today to install my JY windshield so I can pass MO state inspections and get new plates.

As long as the boots haven't been torn for years the inner tie rod ends are pretty easy. It's the outer ends that piss me off... I can never get the lock nuts off.

As long as the boots haven't been torn for years the inner tie rod ends are pretty easy. It's the outer ends that piss me off... I can never get the lock nuts off.

I had one jam up on the threads and would just spin the ball joint around.. Not sure what happened since I made sure it was not cross threaded.