Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

delifted brat completion, shifter slop fixed, yet again...this time slotted the shifter that slides over trans shaft. prior fix was to thread a bolt thru where the roll pins were that was 4 years agi....... this time, slotted one side only, squeezed, welded after slot squeeze. threaded bolt back thru.. i bet I have the tightest shifter in all the world now for any brat, would bet money on this claim.

The Justy

Replaced the timing belt (and still got it off by one tooth)

- will adress that after vacation

Adjusted the valves (sort of useless now)

Cleaned rebuilt carb of all the crap from the fuel line

- He started but won't idle, see previous f*ckup

Cleaned out the interior from all the work

Blu

PS rack

4 tires

A bath

The other day renewed my leather outback limited seats in the BRAT using the remaining Leatherique product i had from when i had the SVX. Seats are again like new.....thinking of waxing before the fall cold sets in later in the fall.

Started the Legacy SS in the garage, idled it for like 15 minutes while the 12v compressor aired up the low front tires, also ran AC to lubricate the seals and such, wow it was cold AC, too bad that is my winter car with nice Nokian snows.

Need to read the CEL code it was showing.....when parked it no codes in spring, so that is a new one.

looked at the 84 BRAT with ej22, I still have not tried to attempt to start it after i purchased it over a month ago.

Bid on a few auction cars.

so my xt was leaking water on the passenger side floor pan. after some research. this what i found.

took all day to remove the wiper arm part right above the trim. got it removed. and this what greeted me and ryan.

tuesday will finish up this issue. got a spray that convert rust to a primer like paint. short term fix. but with very little money. i have to do what i can to slow this down.

gonna use fiberglass cloth to temporarily fix this issue. down the road i will cut out rust and replace. but dont have the money or time to do that.:rolleyes:

post-17377-136027649765_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027649769_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027649773_thumb.jpg

so my xt was leaking water on the passenger side floor pan. after some research. this what i found.

took all day to remove the wiper arm part right above the trim. got it removed. and this what greeted me and ryan.

tuesday will finish up this issue. got a spray that convert rust to a primer like paint. short term fix. but with very little money. i have to do what i can to slow this down.

gonna use fiberglass cloth to temporarily fix this issue. down the road i will cut out rust and replace. but dont have the money or time to do that.:rolleyes:

Both my GL and my legacy do that when it rains really hard.... I should investigate.

I Like your Subies Tom, They Look Very Nice!

Could I Ask you...

...Subaru028.jpg

...about Those Foreign License Plates? ... Are you Allowed to Run your Subie just with Those?

Sharing info: More than 60% of the Vehicles Runnin' here, came from USA as we are very Near and some people trend to Keep their Original USA License Plates, placed aside the Local License Plates, as it isn't against Law to have another one(s) if your Car has the Legal ones in the Right Place, the others are considered "Ornaments" Somehow...

Kind Regards.

I Like your Subies Tom, They Look Very Nice!

Could I Ask you...

...about Those Foreign License Plates? ... Are you Allowed to Run your Subie just with Those?

Sharing info: More than 60% of the Vehicles Runnin' here, came from USA as we are very Near and some people trend to Keep their Original USA License Plates, placed aside the Local License Plates, as it isn't against Law to have another one(s) if your Car has the Legal ones in the Right Place, the others are considered "Ornaments" Somehow...

Kind Regards.

Pretty much the same here.

Some states are required to have a front plate, some aren't. In the states that don't need a front plate, they don't care what you put on front.

The states that need a front plate want you to have the front one there, but for the most part don't care if you add additional plates.

I'm in a state that requires a front plate, but I have nothing on front... They've never given my crap for it. So depending on where you are, they may or may not care.

I live in the boonies, I assume in a city they'd care more.

+1

pretty much the same here.

Some states are required to have a front plate, some aren't. In the states that don't need a front plate, they don't care what you put on front.

The states that need a front plate want you to have the front one there, but for the most part don't care if you add additional plates.

I'm in a state that requires a front plate, but i have nothing on front... They've never given my crap for it. So depending on where you are, they may or may not care.

I live in the boonies, i assume in a city they'd care more.

I spent the afternoon in the scrap yard:banana:

Wound up with 4 nearly new 14" 6-lug wagon wheels, and 2 13" wagon wheels with excellent tires for $80.

The REAL silly part is that BOTH of the 13" wheels have tires that match both my summer and winter treads :eek: One of them has a Mastercraft summer tire (same tire im running right now. The other has a Hankook Zovac (same tire I have on my winter wheels).

So now I have a full-size spare for both summer and winter!!

here are a couple shots of the summer wheel I cleaned up and installed. It has roughly 40% tread. Perfect for a super cheap spare.

RUspare01.jpg

Wheel flipped with a bit of hardware to allow room for the spare oil bag:)

RUspare02.jpg

RUspare03.jpg

bought an 85 brat two weeks ago

replaced some coolant and vacuum hoses, fuel filter, distributor cap, spark plug wires, spark plugs, bought an oil cap, replaced a leaky radiator cap, adjusted the valves and replaced valve cover gaskets.

Had to learn to set the ignition timing from scratch after brainlessly removing the distributor to get at a hose that needed replacing without marking the distributor position. Primed one of the new fenders that the Brat needs (it needs both fenders replaced and eventually two new bumpers... probably just weld some stuff up.) Generally learning about my new toy.

Then I found out that my '05 forester probably has blown headgaskets. AW Fuuuuu.... We live in an apartment and the forester is my girlfriend's DD 40+ miles a day so I can't have it strewn across our living room for weeks while I learn how to rebuild an engine. Yay credit!

Both my GL and my legacy do that when it rains really hard.... I should investigate.

yeah i hope this fixes the problem for now. but i am afraid i will have to dig much deeper and replace metal. the seam under the wiper housing had major issues. i cant tackle welding for a while yet. and if i cant fix it that way. then i will have to part it out and move the powertrain and drivetrain to another car. i dont want to do that. but in time we will see.:rolleyes:

yeah i hope this fixes the problem for now. but i am afraid i will have to dig much deeper and replace metal. the seam under the wiper housing had major issues. i cant tackle welding for a while yet. and if i cant fix it that way. then i will have to part it out and move the powertrain and drivetrain to another car. i dont want to do that. but in time we will see.:rolleyes:

I probably wouldn't weld there anyway. Too high a risk of setting the car on fire.

I'd use that glue stuff for gluing cars together.

just trying to keep it alive. down here in florida older subarus are like needles in a hay stack.

Bet they're in good shape when you find them though.

I'm gonna be moving down to NC for a while. I just hope it doesn't break. Finding parts, esp used parts might be really hard.

Bet they're in good shape when you find them though.

I'm gonna be moving down to NC for a while. I just hope it doesn't break. Finding parts, esp used parts might be really hard.

well it depends on who owned them before i get them or ryan gets them. this xt has been a problem child so to speak from day one. alot of it was from previuos owner. and the xt was from new jersey. :rolleyes:

ryan bought the xt first then i got it from him. he fixed eletrical and mechincal issue. they stripped tensioner bolts for the timing belts. and instead of fixing it. the rewired the injectors to match instead of retiming it. :-\

and most of the older subarus here. are mostly fwd. and thats it. in NC. i dont think you will no where near the problems we do here.