Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I like the thought of keyless entry! Do the lights flash when you push the button?

I don't like Remote Start, Seen it fail 1 to many times (Even O.E equipped systems) Selenoid sticks on grinding the hell out of your flywheel, something interferes with a signal and your car sits in the parking lot for hours idleing.

But I do like keyless and a door intrusion alarm!

-Tom :)

The Parking lights do flash. I'm going to re-work the parking light wire to the hazards or something because every wire i probe seems to want to turn the headlights on. (edit: If I turn off the lights when done driving (which i dont), they dont flash with the parking lights, otherwise they do)

I've actually never had a problem with remote start *knock on wood*. although whenever i use it i usually am relatively near the car to check on it. (I park my car like 5 feet from my office- i can hear it from my desk), That and you can "kill" the engine from the remote as well.

I LOVE the keyless entry. I mainly installed it for the reason of - I have NO key that fits the doors. Leaving it unlocked all the time seems dumb. 'corse at the same time locking it does too seeing as i'm stuck if the keyless doesnt work. so i came to a happy medium, removed the actuator from the liftgate, installed it in the driver door. and leave the gate unlocked. Cant "visually" see if its unlocked. and if you open it, the door intrusion goes off.

..... Now if i could only get the horn to work.. :-\ .. must be a relay or the horn itself.. or both.. meh. next week's project.:rolleyes:

Edited by crazyman03

The Parking lights do flash. I'm going to re-work the parking light wire to the hazards or something because every wire i probe seems to want to turn the headlights on. (edit: If I turn off the lights when done driving (which i dont), they dont flash with the parking lights, otherwise they do)

Just a thought on this... Did you try the wires coming from the parking light switch on the steering column? They always have power, and they only do the parking lights. I seem to remember on my old wagon that I installed an alarm with keyless entry on that I used those wires. I had the lights flashing no matter what on that bad boy, but it's been too long since then to remember specifically, but you should be able to get it to work. My 2 cents...

Edit, sorry to hijack this, my bad!! I just realized that... sorry

Edited by eulogious
My Bad

Just a thought on this... Did you try the wires coming from the parking light switch on the steering column? They always have power, and they only do the parking lights. I seem to remember on my old wagon that I installed an alarm with keyless entry on that I used those wires. I had the lights flashing no matter what on that bad boy, but it's been too long since then to remember specifically, but you should be able to get it to work. My 2 cents...

Edit, sorry to hijack this, my bad!! I just realized that... sorry

Hey thats a good idea, I totaly forgot about that switch (Never use it)

A few pics from this last week on things I've done.

Restored and repainted the bracket and all the screws for it.

2009_1106Test0001.jpg

2009_1106Test0003.jpg

2009_1106Test0002.jpg

Same with the bracket for the fuel filter

2009_1106Test0011.jpg

POR-15'ed the rear tool box area

2009_1106Test0005.jpg

2009_1106Test0012.jpg

2009_1106Test0004.jpg

Installed high watt headlights:

Luminics Titanium White 120/140w 5,500k

2009_1108Test0005.jpg

2009_1108Test0003.jpg

2009_1108Test0004.jpg

Removed all the A/C lines and thae A/C Condenser, only thing left is the A/C pump.

2009_1108Test0010.jpg

Popped on my fender moldings I pulled at "Subaru Heaven"

2009_1108Test0007.jpg

2009_1108Test0013.jpg

I think thats about it, and heres a video of it :)

Click me!

Ya know i did try a wire from that (probed, and flicked the switch on/off). Granted, i didnt take apart the whole steering column. Might try that. I'd prefer the blinkers though simply because it looks cleaner. (the license plate lights and dash lights lighting up seem, well, notsogood)

Thanks for the input though.

Aside from the horn and possibly the parking lights. Next project: Wheel bearings!! I got a nasty rubbing sound (not tire rubbing) coming from the pass. side. OH YAY!. Then Converting the front marker lights to flash. Probably not in that order but still..

-Justin

picked up a rust free hatch for Casper and installed it. I will paint it when the car gets paint. I may add a stick on lip but there will be no holes drilled in this hatch EVER!!!

DSC_2344.jpg

DSC_2345.jpg

Dude, I had the exact same color hatch on my RX, and it fit exactly like yours (appears to be lower than the rear fenders) Its like deja vu :lol:

-Bill

fresh photos of the Suby with the new hatch and the rear body kit removed.

not 56k safe

DSC_2356.jpg

DSC_2355.jpg

DSC_2353.jpg

DSC_2352.jpg

Reminds me of mine a bit, except I have a thing for excessive aggressive rake :grin:

I only took off the rear fairings though, I liked the side skirts

02-14-09_1257.jpg

This is the current condition of that rig though

09-02-09_1914.jpg

That pretty much sums up the story of my RX... Hope you have better luck!

-Bill