Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Ive been working on this.

Oil PSI gauge and ipod Aux-in/switch panel for my '84GL

It will take the place of the factory ash-tray.

Fabricated from stainless steel. Just need to work on the mounting tabs, then paint. It will be matte black to blend with the interior better.

pod.jpg

moonman,

did you wrap three, secure with a water knot, then use 2 for support?

lol! looks like fun times!

On rocks and trees and things I do wrap three, pull two. In this case we did something similar but clipped it together with a carabiner and clipped that to the tow hook. Total of five anchors--four tow hooks and the support pillar.

We did use water knots :D. Anything else is either death by falling (failed equipment/untying while on rope), or death by driving yourself crazy untying the damn things afterward, depending on what knot you use. The plastic piping is just a rope protector so it doesn't rub on the rock over the edge.

It was fun times :D

Idasho: I like that thing a lot. How do you get the aux in to work, is it with stock radio or after market? I think there are a couple ways (I think there was another thread on it even, iirc).

ETA: I wish there was an embarrased smiley. Just clicked back over to the main page for the old gen forum and...tada! Turns out the thread I was thinking of is YOURS. And what's more it was (at the time I clicked) the one immediately next to this one...sigh. Someday I will learn!

Edited by man on the moon

"Bring on the SNOW!! :burnout:"

(grins)

All the leaves are brown (Pin Oak)

And the sky is gray (It's snowing)

I go for a drive (Subaru)

On a winters day

The Preacher likes to talk

She thinks I'm gonna stay

California dreaming

On such a winters day

I stopped into a church

I pass along the way

There I got down on my knees

And I began to pray

You know that woman likes to talk

She finally goes away

And I'd be safe and warm

If I was in L.A.

California dreaming

(ducks)

The wife has complained of a squealing noise on startup - intermittently - in her 03 OBW 3.0 . Naturally, it hasn't made a peep when I drive it.

On another forum, I discovered her car is supposedly prone to having bad serpentine belt idler and tensioner pulley bearings. I bought new bearings from NAPA and a new belt and will probably swap those out soon.

anyone here done that? is there a link to pics or a video? Mostly, just wondering if tapping the new bearings in will be adequate. I plan to put the bearings in the freezer, maybe warm the pulleys up. I may look for some Locktite threadlocker or similar to put on the outer race of the new bearings before assembly.

thoughts?

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

Not today, but on Tuesday I changed an axle out in a parking lot of a town I'd never been in before... Axle failed on a road trip, and I fortunately ended up in a good place to find a napa and get parts to fix it.

Picture of my workspace complete with my motorized bicycle which I'm very glad I brought.

IMG_3996.JPG