Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Fixed my loose driver's seat that's been wobbly since the day I bought it (3yrs ago). Vaccumed while I was in there...oh, and found a nice unfaded lumbar lever hiden under the carpet, so I replaced the old faded one...score!

417476_2994380572812_1061115580_32444288_521606480_n.jpg

I also scheduled an appointment to get my custom decals made and installed by Pooparu next week. :D

well i have a 87 gl wagon an i just sunk it so i plan on redoing the carpet this weekend looking for seats to bolt up just got on this site and i cant wait till i find the info im looking for a lot of people i can ask when im stuck

also i need to find a threan on what tranny i have in my car

That poor GL is just sitting there without an engine. I need to get cracking on that EJ swap. Darn school.

I replaced the burnt out hvac console lights (all 3 of them) in my 1998 Legacy Outback with high intensity 3mm warm white led's. The green rubbers fit right over them. The light level is perfect and looks stock when its in the car, meaning it's not too bright at night. I took the liberty to wash everything since it was sticky from years of coffee and who knows what...:brow:... looked like beer. I don't even drink beer.

Specs:

3 led's in parallel

each led:

20mA

3.2-3.4 forward current

resistors:

I calculated about 180 ohms at 14v. I put two 100 ohm resistors in series (200 ohms) just to be safe. See picture.

IMG_20120301_174852.jpg

IMG_20120301_174843.jpg

IMG_20120301_173755.jpg

I also put a red led in the ash tray light. Led: 20 mA, 3v foreward voltage, Resistor: 680 ohms.

IMG_20120301_180912.jpg

Also, my Kenwood stereo display stopped working about 2 years ago. I've been flying by braille that long. There were no other instances on the internet 2 years ago. Then I happened to check for the problem yesterday and there was an overwhelming number of hits. Luckily someone figured out that a few resistors needed re-flowing, hence taking the dash apart. I thought I'd do the lights, too.

Edited by kanurys

yesterday was a dark day for me i had an accident with my soob loyale station wagon some guy on a motorcyle just crossed into the main road and crushed into my car as i was driving in the morning i had to rush him to hospital. using another vehicle. The front section of the vehicle is totally wrecked but my soob managed to reach the police station without to towing . iam really sad i have never had an accident before since i started driving it was a shock to me. the guy on the motor cycle was 70 plus! years . i finished the police and insurance paper work yesterday so iam planing to see the old man today in hospital. otherwise iam totally exhausted and fatigued. do have a nice day to all members of USMB you all inspire me.

regards

mwangix

yesterday was a dark day for me i had an accident with my soob loyale station wagon some guy on a motorcyle just crossed into the main road and crushed into my car as i was driving in the morning i had to rush him to hospital. using another vehicle. The front section of the vehicle is totally wrecked but my soob managed to reach the police station without to towing . iam really sad i have never had an accident before since i started driving it was a shock to me. the guy on the motor cycle was 70 plus! years . i finished the police and insurance paper work yesterday so iam planing to see the old man today in hospital. otherwise iam totally exhausted and fatigued. do have a nice day to all members of USMB you all inspire me.

regards

mwangix

That's really scary! I'm glad the man was alright. You did the right thing there rushing him to the hospital, you probably saved the guy's life!

Hopefully your subaru can be fixed with a new fender and some tweaking.

did front wheelbearings on whitey (86 gl wag). put in sealed chiners. $35 shipped to my door for all four of em (ebay). i thought id be clever and put em in some spare knuckles to speed things up. this was a good idea till i put em in two left knuckles:D then re did one.

did front wheelbearings on whitey (86 gl wag). put in sealed chiners. $35 shipped to my door for all four of em (ebay). i thought id be clever and put em in some spare knuckles to speed things up. this was a good idea till i put em in two left knuckles:D then re did one.

Classic! lol, don't you hate that moment when you realize what you did and you're just........DAMMIT! lol

I so did the same thing couple years ago on my White '86 BRAT..

Was so :mad::mad::mad::mad: at myself.

Just got ordered for Ben;

for repairs;

-Waterpump

-Upper radiator hose

For tune up;

-NGK spark plugs 6261 V power plugs

-NGK wireset

-Distributor cap

-Rotor

-Air filter

-PVC valve

-Fuel filter

For Gen. Maint.

-Mobil 1 oil filter

-Mobil super 5000 10/30 oil.

Things I forgot to order while I was at it:

-Clamps

-Antifreeze

lol.

Got some fun coming in the mail haha :banana:

Can you not get clamps and antifreeze at your local gas station/hardware store?

Yeah, you know, I just was trying to order everything in one shot lol. Ever notice when you try and think of *everything* you need...there's always one little thing you'll forget?

My 87 GL:

Last Wednesday - rear diff LSD install, breather line in diff cover, modded hubs for 6 lug, rear disc convert w/SS braided lines, rear 4" SJR lift, Mazda PU wheels w/General 27x8.50x14s.

Friday - pulled EA82 engine, took FW in for resurface. Replaced FW seal.

Saturday - removed wheels, disc brakes, axles, struts. control arms, fender well plastic, spare tire rod. Installed EA81 washer bottle in engine compartment. Replaced left side inner & outer tie rod ends & boot.

Headed out this AM to do a T-stat replacement on the '85 BRAT, as she's shown signs of running warmer than usual. Just figured it was time for a new one.

Go to drain radiator, WTH!!! Drainplug was broken off, and signs of leakage from there.

So pull the drainplug on the head, pull radiator, work broken piece out. Look thru my "stash-o-stuff".... Got every type of drainplug but the one I need. Arrrrggg!!!!!

Jump in the Wife's HHR and hit every parts store open today. NaDa.

Double Arrrggg!!!!

Get back home, start brainstoming on temporary fix.

AHA!!!

3/8"-16 bolt threads right in there. But that ain't going to seal it.

Keep digging Dude, need this thing running for work in the AM....

Came up with a combonation of;

copper crush washer that fit in the lip on the OD of the drain housing,

silicone o-ring that fit inside of the crushwasher,

small nylon spacer that fit inside the o-ring,

thick stainless steel flatwasher,

3/8"-16 SS bolt, nut, lockwasher.

Assembled everything, locked the nut down against the washers, and hoped like hell it holds.

Changes T-stat anyways, just cause... But,,,,,,

Found the actual reason for the smokescreen last weekend.

PS inner boot failed. Grrrrrrrrrr....

Should've swapped it when I did the DS, but no..... It can wait.

NOT!!!

Anyways, no runs, no drips, no errors. So far. K-O-W!!!

Did another 10 mile or so run, temp gauge stayed right in the middle, just where she's always ran. :)

Edited by TomRhere
kaint spel wurth beens

'87 GL wagon(same one)

Replaced rt inner & outer tie rod ends & bellows. Replaced L&R ball joints. Knocked out ft knuckle brgs, washed & painted knuckles. Checked out ft axles - found my clicking cv(rt side - of course!)

Edited by czny

Driving my Legacy to frisbee, started to hear an awful noise. So I pulled over... The cogged timing belt idler is ************tin itself. So I drove it home... swapped it out with another iffy one, and was on my way. I'm glad it wasn't the rod knock getting worse, I really hate that engine... hah.

Put the battery on the charger in the XT6 to see if I could get the average voltage up. Seemed to help over the weekend, but by work time this morning, it's back to it's slow cranking again. It's got to be that battery, but it's only a year old.....:confused: