Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Detailed my 08 Impreza yesterday..quick washed the Legacy ( cause it was turning black and green...and its a white car) ...and today I played with my 83 coupe some..a wee bit of tuning and dusted it off..added something cool to the air cleaner cover( hehehehe) ..no pics yet.

Detailed my 08 Impreza yesterday..quick washed the Legacy ( cause it was turning black and green...and its a white car) ...and today I played with my 83 coupe some..a wee bit of tuning and dusted it off..added something cool to the air cleaner cover( hehehehe) ..no pics yet.

Did you get all the brake dust off the fronts?

Ooo I want to see the air cleaner! :slobber:

-Tom

Did you get all the brake dust off the fronts?

Ooo I want to see the air cleaner! :slobber:

-Tom

Dude.. I used to OWN an auto detail company I think I know how to fully detail a car. And was fully aware of my front rims and know what brake dust does. And to correct you..it was more rust dust from the rotors since the car sits so much..not brake dust. FYI detailing also involved removing all accessories to clean underneath too.

As for L.B.s air cleaner...lets just say he is a "Seeker" now

Dude.. I used to OWN an auto detail company I think I know how to fully detail a car. And was fully aware of my front rims and know what brake dust does. And to correct you..it was more rust dust from the rotors since the car sits so much..not brake dust. FYI detailing also involved removing all accessories to clean underneath too.

As for L.B.s air cleaner...lets just say he is a "Seeker" now

Boy oh boy, I must have hit a nerve or something Lol. I just asked a simple question. Don't be naughty, Christmas is next month!! :grin:

-Tom

I put a new motor in the Touring Wagon today................ Old one blew a Head gasket.................... It's on its fourth motor now , 314,000 miles on it and it's running perfect........ again.....

Jeff

Are you gonna replace the gasket or head if needed so you have an extra motor?

Working on replacing rear wheel bearing. Last night I:

-detached brake line without breaking it.

-removed lower shock bolt.

-got the trailing arm low enough for axle to pop off the spindle.

-got the threaded ring nut off using a brass punch (no special tool :banana:)

-knocked out the spindle and out came everything...

-sat back and cherished not finding anything else screwed up in there...

Tonight I finish the job with the new seals and bearing purchased from RockAuto.

Liquid Wrench like its going outta style!!

Everyday for a week and a half I gave it a soaking. Sprayed the shock bolt, brake line disconnect, and the three bolts that hold the backside of the brake drum to the hub. Although in retrospect I'm thinking I didn't need to take off the backside of the brake drum.

I should also have soaked the brake bleeder nipple for later; I tested turning it and it wouldn't budge. I started soaking it last night. I'll soak it again tonight 1st thing then work on getting the new bearing in.

It was a knuckle buster, but it feels like a Soob rite of passage of sorts...

Liquid Wrench like its going outta style!!

Everyday for a week and a half I gave it a soaking. Sprayed the shock bolt' date=' brake line disconnect, and the three bolts that hold the backside of the brake drum to the hub. Although in retrospect I'm thinking I didn't need to take off the backside of the brake drum.

I should also have soaked the brake bleeder nipple for later; I tested turning it and it wouldn't budge. I started soaking it last night. I'll soak it again tonight 1st thing then work on getting the new bearing in.

It was a knuckle buster, but it feels like a Soob rite of passage of sorts...[/quote']

I replaced my rear brakes recently so im not worried about that. Its the special nut inside that has me worried.

But a Brushless motor would beat a nitro powerd car any time of the day. Nitro is just for noise. :)

-Tom

i suppose.. nitro would probably have a higher top end and where the electric would have a somewhat quicker accelleration.

i like noise :grin: