Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Whew!! That was more work than one should be doing on a vacation day from the job....

Took a load in to the scrap yard this AM. Then proceeded to cut up and load the '92 Wagon, plus toss on some other "junk".

Got a homebuilt trailer to cut up in the AM, then it's off to the scrap yard again.

Got $156 and change out of 1st load. This one should bring in more. '91 Chevy 2500 is sitting low in the back now.

Time for lots of nice cold beers. :drunk:

No, your Weber has Two vacuum ports in front, but the one on the Left is Closed with a Screw, as Subynut already wrote; you can remove that screw to use it on the EGR.

Never use a Vacuum port in the intake for a Vacuum advance on the Distribuitor, because the Vacuum provided by the Carburetor is somehow "Progressive" and the Vacuum Provided by the intake is "Permanent" and will be too Strong for the Rubber on the advance and could damage it... also since it is permanent, you'll Loose the Advance feature and the Ignition Timin' will be too much advanced.

Nope, is not necesary.

Kind Regards.

thanks! after i asked that question i undid that screw and found out it was a vacuum port and felt dumb. but oh well, thank you for the other information it was well apreciated! :)

Today I knocked out a couple studs and checked fitnent of the free 15 inch wheels that I scored. They are off a two-wheel drive Chevy Colorado. I have lift parts built and just need to score some rubber. Getting stoked. 2012-05-03_13-57-38_932.jpg2012-05-03_13-58-08_398.jpg

Edited by FlatFourFrenchy

Made a huge scrape along my window tint :'(

If you didn't wait a couple days before rolling down your windows that can do it, but also the rollers on the inside could be stuck (might have to pull the door panel and wd40 them

A little slow at work today so I made good use of my rack and inatalled my 2 inch lift. 2012-05-04_13-23-42_771.jpg2012-05-04_13-23-29_555.jpg

Looks good! but maybe you could post bigger pictures by chance?

Thanks. After 30 miles it started shaking badly on acceleration. Gotta give it a look.

Could be the new angle of the axles and the slight more positive camber. I get the same thing with the 2" lift and knobby tires on acceleration from 0-15mph. Its kinda a wobble/shake.

Yep, that is about how mine feels for a few seconds on take off (Harder the take off and the more it shimmies)

I always thought it was just my aggressive tires, but you are having this with stick tires, so hmmm.

The Camber is slightly increased during a lift kit, even using SJRs kit that has the 15* offset to compensate for it, there is still a decent amount of positive camber. You will notice it more with larger tires.

As for a solution, I can't give one. Perhaps your shaking is different then mine.

I installed a knock sensor, maf, crank position sensor and temp sensor in my buddy's legacy today in an effort to make the CEL go away. Only one code to address, now.

I also stopped by my buddy's machine shop to see how the flywheel milling is going for the EJ swap into my 1987 GL. Still sitting on the rotary table...zzz

Edited by kanurys

Bumped some dirt, more dirt then the degreased then unbolting the pan guard degreased and then painted black..

Based on the scratches, not much wildness in its past

Cleaned the pan area and stuff in that vicinity..

And of the opinion PO would fix and not clean, but that is good since

I use clean engine areas as diagnostic evaluators.. but with all the old gunk, hard to tell what was fresh.

Wondering what the opinion on clean vs consistent grease coat in th:e engine compartment

Should I be putting a layer of wax polish on those clean body panels

or is survival of the metal/ paint not endangered by removal of that gunk*

*oily but not "wet" aka just engine emissions settling in..

And not pressure washing; don't want to put water in some

odd place in there where it would have never been had it not been washed..

My legacy failed inspection for low brake pads. Upon taking it apart, I found the slides were all stuck and the calipers were leaking.

So I went into my treasure trove of subaru parts and pulled out an 04 wrx brake swap I've been hoarding for a while. DAMN it stops well now!