Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

ok so witch of these jets are what, witch ones are air corrector, witch ones are main fuel, and where are my idle jets?j

dscn0742z.jpg

Start your own thread for this. This thread is not for asking direct questions. Also, there is a factory diagram available on GOOGLE.

New washer pump and spark plug wires. Easy morning.

That reminds me... And I've probably just jynxed it, but my washer pump doesn't leak. For some crazy reason.

It's missing the o-ring completely. It has about half a tube of blue RTV gooped around the whole thing and that somehow seals it up. It's been like that for over 2 years now.

My new gen 1 lights up and cranks but needs belts and the water pump. Last owner used it as a (running >.<) parts vehicle and promptly broke almost all of the water pump bolts off into the block. :banghead: Too dang hot out to do much more, 105 is a bit much for me.

Over the weekend I got most of the suspension and brake upgrades done on my XT6.

Now I'm running the following parts list:

'91 Legacy front axles

'96 Impreza front knuckles with new wheel bearings

KYB AGX front struts (4 way adjustable dampening!)

Front '04 WRX pads, calipers and rotors

Agency Power stainless steel brake lines on all 4 corners

Rear '04 WRX pads, calipers and rotors

Leather wrapped 2.5RS parking brake handle

I still have a set of SPC adjustable radius rods to install, along with some Whiteline radius rod bushings and the rear parking brake bits, then the interior goes back together. I plan on doing the rest of that at the shop next weekend before I slap it up on the alignment rack and get the numbers I want! Hooray for full front/rear camber/caster/toe adjustments!:burnout:

After a rock took out my right blinker, I got a new lens, took both off and cleaned them up... MUCH BETTER! :brow: (left one looks dim because I was at a weird angle, they are both as clear as day now.

TurnSignals.jpg

Also, trunk latch got bent from sister trying to close trunk while lever in the car was in the unlocked/opened position... So got a new one... completely straight, and now trunk closes perfectly... No duct tape needed :drunk:

Trunk.jpg

Also done:

New stereo installed

Clock resoldered (being put in tonight, thanks Stubies_Subie)

Still to do:

Oil change

New wheels/tires

Painted corner markers

Put the XT6 back together: New t-belts, coolant and vac hoses, t-stat, radiator rodded out (70% blocked :eek:), cleaned out the intake manifold, and brought the timing down by 5* to help it handle the hot dry air of the summer.

Now my hiccup when I blip the throttle is worse than before. :confused::mad::banghead:

Put the XT6 back together: New t-belts, coolant and vac hoses, t-stat, radiator rodded out (70% blocked :eek:), cleaned out the intake manifold, and brought the timing down by 5* to help it handle the hot dry air of the summer.

Now my hiccup when I blip the throttle is worse than before. :confused::mad::banghead:

ya, its that five degrees you took off from the timing, when you reset it did you unplugg the vacume advance? if not you should reset it cause the vacum advances it alittle even at idle, just my thoughts

thanks

ya, its that five degrees you took off from the timing, when you reset it did you unplugg the vacume advance? if not you should reset it cause the vacum advances it alittle even at idle, just my thoughts

thanks

It's EFI, so, I plugged in the green plugs, checked the timing and it was close to 30* BTDC, so I dropped it to 23*. Stock is 20*. This was after I let it warm up to operating temp.

It's EFI, so, I plugged in the green plugs, checked the timing and it was close to 30* BTDC, so I dropped it to 23*. Stock is 20*. This was after I let it warm up to operating temp.

I'm kinda surprised you could advance it that far with out pinging!

During the winter I evidently can. This is the first time I checked it after buying the car back. I knew the previous owner had advanced it to give him more upper rpm oomph, but I didn't think it was that advanced. However, I did notice that it was quite sensitive to fuel quality.

Had a scare this morning....I lost my blinkers. Neither side worked! It worked last night on it's test drive. What gives? Turns out, when I vacuumed the car out after the test drive, I managed to put the emergency blinker switch half way between the off and on position which caused the regular blinkers to not work!:eek:

TurnSignals.jpg

These blinkers suck so bad. You can't see them unless you're looking direct on at the car because they're set so far back. It's not uncommon for me to be at an intersection and people don't know if I have a blinker on because they can't see it. I keep meaning to add a relay or something so they also turn on the corner markers.