Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I haven't got to work on mine at all, been to busy with the Legacy project, the truck project, the Celica project, the house gutter project, the employment project .......

and it's really starting to show, the Loyale is loud, the muffler is falling off, the tires are bald, the wheels still need painted, the interior stinks, needs a good bath, but dang if it don't run good and it gets me to work every day :D

03 H6 OBW;

some minor stuff (wiper blades, swapped a little pwr steering fluid and tightened hose clamp, cleaned battery terminals ,inspected stuff)

adjusted parking brakes

engine oil and filter

drain/fill transmission - 3.5 quarts ATF-HP (I did this 6 months ago, thinking about doing it again next October - then once every 2 years)

biggest job, replacing rear bushings on the lower control arms (transverse link) with Prothane poly inserts.

Discovered DS axle now has split boot (suspected from smell)

found front brake pads need replacing

06 WRX wgn;

replaced front parking lights with LED due to one being burnt out.

swapped some pwr steering fluid - need to to swap more, very dark looking.

engine oil/filter

while checking parkingbrake adjustment, discovered bad rear wheel bearing! argh!

While inspecting front area, found broken antiswaybay droplink! argh! (car has less than 42K miles!!!)

I think i discovered more work than I performed!

Got the Outbacks' axle swapped out today. I was ready to do the brakes and they have PLENTY of meat left. Somehow I confused myself trying to look through the slots in the caliper so, I'll just keep the pads I bought till i need them in a coupla years - w'ever. Still don't know why the brkae light comes on intermittently, maybe the last time I put pads in, I didn't top off the reservoir correctly. I may just do a flush and bleed anyway, don't recall the last time that was done.

Got the WRX back from the dealer with new rear wheel bearing. Not sure why it took them 3 days but got to drive a '13 Outback loaner fro 3 days. Got a 'significant' discount on the work from Bob Moore Subaru too! cool!

Now, I have to meet up with a Geico adjuster to claim warranty/hidden damage to the WRX's front stabilizer bar. The way it's bent inwards can ONLY be from the wreck i had last year.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

Lazy day (lazy month for that matter...).

Finally got a start on completely cleaning and "sterilizing" the interior of the wagon, now that I have off-street parking (still no garage dammit) and a workshop with all the gadgetry I need.

Began with the cargo area compartments. Everything under the lids and behind the plastic trim was covered in a layer of stuck on dust, down in the nooks and crannies was some mud, dog hair, bits and pieces of.... stuff. I'm hoping there aren't any dead animal bits when I dig deeper lol. Scraped, wiped, and used the bejeezus out of the new 1gal shop vac. Tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and strip all of the plastic out of the cargo area and finish the job, there's just too much dirt all up there.

Lazy day (lazy month for that matter...).

Finally got a start on completely cleaning and "sterilizing" the interior of the wagon, now that I have off-street parking (still no garage dammit) and a workshop with all the gadgetry I need.

Began with the cargo area compartments. Everything under the lids and behind the plastic trim was covered in a layer of stuck on dust, down in the nooks and crannies was some mud, dog hair, bits and pieces of.... stuff. I'm hoping there aren't any dead animal bits when I dig deeper lol. Scraped, wiped, and used the bejeezus out of the new 1gal shop vac. Tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and strip all of the plastic out of the cargo area and finish the job, there's just too much dirt all up there.

I was planning on doing the same thing to my wagon this weekend, but had to put a radiator in my girlfriends celica and climb up on the house roof and clean gutters, so maybe next weekend I'll get to do some serious wagon cleaning

Moved the '85 BRAT from yard to garage. Been sitting outside for 2 weeks now. Been keeping it in the garage, just to abate anymore weathering of it.

Had to do the jump-start thing though.

Seems someone was thinking of playing around with it, they left the key "on".

They wouldn't have gotten to far in it though. Pretty sure the tank is about empty.

Low Fuel light has been on for some time, but she still comes in handy for moving stuff about the yard. Haven't put any gas in it for quite some time, and the light has been on since I took it off the road back in June this year.

I changed some of my plans around for sunday, so I get to do an interior clean on the loyale after all :D

I didn't get to do a complete interior clean, the grand daughter came over, and wanted to go do a a gazillion things at once which didn't leave me a whole lot of time to work on the interior of the wagon, so I vacuumed the drivers area than fixed the sagging falling down carpet and got it anchored like it was supposed to be, just before we loaded up the dog (who I swear acts like she's never ridden in a car before) and the grand daughter so we could go play at a very muddy rain soaked park ...with said dog ...

now the car seats got mud all over them, but at least the carpet glue is still sticking ...

Last Saturday I swapped in a good motor into my 94 Loyale out of a 91 Loyale. The check engine lamp was on since swap. Ran onboard code test and found code 55. Hmmmm? Exhaust temp sensor open or shorted. Got to pocking around and found that the 91 did not have a temp sensor where the 94 did. Easy. Swap engine wire harnes and drill and tap manifold and install sensor. Light fixed.

I swore a lot at rock auto today.... I ordered two new front brake calipers/brackets for my GL. The right one fit on no problem. The left one... There's more distance between the mounting holes on the bracket. Also on the caliper, couldn't put it on the old bracket. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! They have the same part number, except for the last digit to denote R/L.

Fortunately the right side was frozen up good and solid, so I can drive it. The left one is OK, but getting crusty. I just needed that car mobile again.

On monday I'll have to call 'em up to see what's going on.

Edited by 987687

I swore a lot at rock auto today.... I ordered two new front brake calipers/brackets for my GL. The right one fit on no problem. The left one... There's more distance between the mounting holes on the bracket. Also on the caliper, couldn't put it on the old bracket. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! They have the same part number, except for the last digit to denote R/L.

Fortunately the right side was frozen up good and solid, so I can drive it. The left one is OK, but getting crusty. I just needed that car mobile again.

On monday I'll have to call 'em up to see what's going on.

definitely the downside to to mailorder biz - you can;t just drive back to the store and get an exchange.

that sucks. What brand? maybe the factory just boxed 'em up wrong?

(we've done that where i work - with embedded industrial computer boards!)