Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I totaled my car.I was trailering it without an engine and it worked itself loose and fell off the trailer at 50 MPH.Hit a tree about 6 feet wide just a couple inches off center.

http://s109.photobucket.com/user/Uberoo/library/Subaru%20stuff/crash?sort=3&page=1

make it a off road vehicle only and keep it. it could be fixxed if you get it inbetween two big trees and chain the back to one of them and use chain  with a come along to start pulling it back into shape slowly. it will in no way be perfect but it could be a great off road rig still.

make it a off road vehicle only and keep it. it could be fixxed if you get it inbetween two big trees and chain the back to one of them and use chain  with a come along to start pulling it back into shape slowly. it will in no way be perfect but it could be a great off road rig still.

it was more or less an offroad only rig.The problem is that it destroyed the heater core and in the process pushed the passenger side of the dash about 2" from the windshield, not to mention that almost every seam on the car at least on the bottom looks like it bent,The whole passenger compartment is bent. I like wheeling in the winter so I am looking to find a shell to start again.Hatch or brat..

Edited by Uberoo

it was more or less an offroad only rig.The problem is that it destroyed the heater core and in the process pushed the passenger side of the dash about 2" from the windshield, not to mention that almost every seam on the car at least on the bottom looks like it bent,The whole passenger compartment is bent. I like wheeling in the winter so I am looking to find a shell to start again.Hatch or brat..

This one has potential!!   :lol:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/3999991076.html

I replaced that bad strut top mount on the PandaWagon and scheduled an alignment for Monday.

I also checked the brakes and their lines. CV boots look good.

Still need to clean the undercarriage before Monday. Then it's just air checks and scrub down the interior. :)

For those that asked about the gauge, it is a VEI Systems gauge.

http://www.veisystems.com/home.html

SUPER high quality, US made, and awesome support.  B)

Reasonably priced too.  The gauge and both sensors ran about $150 shipped to my door.

The gauge has adjustable high and low warnings for both oil psi and water temp, adjustable brightness for both key on and key on headlights on, and you can even switch the gauge readouts, top to bottom.  All using the one button on the gauge!

So far I really like it, and it seems to be spot on for readings.

• Like 1

Crappy paint job to calipers! 5 extra horsepower just comes out of nowhere! Now if I can just finish getting it rolling again I might see that 5mph braking increase. Only have the front to do, except there is the tough part I am finding out. But soon, I am hoping.

In the last 2 weeks I've replaced the fuel pump. Did the f150 pump conversion. Replaced two fuel lines that were rusted out, replaced some rusted out brake lines.

Then today I just finished up with a u-joint replacement in the driveshaft. Interesting process to replace those non-replaceable joints, overall it went pretty well and works awesome now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't update in a year or more so here they are.

Finished weber.. still think I need some tuning I think the mileage isn't up as far as it was before the carb swap.. might be my foot though. Took the front plastic bezels grill and all light mounting hardware sanded and hit with a few coats of Rust encapsulator.  Used bumper and trim paint on the front plastic..I was soooo tire of beat looking chrome.  Took out the headliner sanded the roof rust on the inside due to aftermarket sunroof hit that with rust encapsulator.  re-mounted the relocated roof cross support. Added new window mount radio antenna. Sanded and painted cowl below the windshield. Touched up windshield wiper arms.. too much glare.  Attempted to seal the sunroof on top of the car.. came out better than I had hope but the first good rain will tell. Got all four new speakers in but still have one to mount.. drivers side front.  I opted for 4 1/2 instead of 3 because they have a noticeably better frequency response and for those of you that know me that is a big deal. Jumpered my power window relay  because it is dead and do not know why there is power in a power out with two grounds.

I think that gets me up to date thus far.. maybe more this year after the show but but I may not post anything till next year.  lol

Mike

Edited by Mykeys Toy

Getting the new-to-me 85 wagon fixed up:

Steering bellows (inner tie rod boots) replaced, new plugs, p-side cv axle, ran some sea foam thru everything (cough), sea foamed the bumpers, plastic/rubber trim, cleaned up interior plastic, getting better!

Did a shakedown test in the PandaWagon yesterday: no funny sounds, cruise is acting normal, speedometer is surprisingly accurate, just sticky, same goes with the Tach. I'll keep the speedometer app handy just in case the two start acting weird on the trip to WCSS. Desert heat does some weird things to electrical devices....