Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Ricearu

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Over the long weekend, I finished putting the PandaWagon's engine back together and installed it in between the monsoon downpours. Drove her to Bisbee and back - no problems. Yesterday, I put about 200 miles on her, no more overheating. :)

Edited by subynut
  • Like 1

Got the heaterbox removed and wow.......all I can say is disgusting. Here's a few pics

Dash off

dRa0Fsr.jpg

Yuck

UMDx53j.jpg

nzmlnFm.jpg

fpTkKwa.jpg

Hoping to start reassembly tonight

Got the good stuff for my transmission. Autozone says they are not carrying it anymore. I got the last three.

112_0047.jpg

They sure are proud of these bottles of liquid GOLD.

• Like 1

Started chasing electrical gremlins in the new 4wd Sedan. I solved the mystery of the fading charge, brake and parking indicator lights. During idle they would all glow faintly. Increasing the revs would make them glow a bit more. Further increasing revs made them go out until about 2000 revs where they ca,e back on and fluttered.

Swapped out the alternator with the one from uno that was lying around and it fixed the issue. Now I have to figure out the tail light situation.

Uno is going back together. This weekend I will make major progress with installation on the heads. Just don't want to tackle that job when I am tired after work.

Got the exhaust leak in Ash repaired tonight after work. Turns out it was a bad gasket

112_0064.jpg

I took one of Uno's gaskets since he is apart right now. I will be ordering brand spanky new one for Uno anyway. Ash gets the hand me downs from Uno. So far Ash has received an alternator and exhaust gasket for the passenger side.

Edited by MR_Loyale

After being off the road since October 2012, finally straightened out (after much gnashing of teeth and verbal abuse of worthless "public servants") my license situation so I am now fully legal, and re-titled/registered/plated Sue-Sue today for the not-so-great state of Florida. Still runs great, like she was never taken off the road and parked for almost two years!!!...................but not having functional A/C is a game killer down here. Hopefully have that fixed next week.

• Like 1

I installed my twe header and downpipe.plumbed in my tdo4, which is getting swapped out sunday for a td05 20g. And still working on body work. Got to try and smash that all out before wcss16!!! Stupid thing wont let me upload pictures :( maybe ill try from my computer. Btw this is on my 87 gl-10 WITHOUT an ej swap ;)

Edited by mm88swrt

I installed my twe header and downpipe.plumbed in my tdo4, which is getting swapped out sunday for a td05 20g. And still working on body work. Got to try and smash that all out before wcss16!!! Stupid thing wont let me upload pictures :( maybe ill try from my computer. Btw this is on my 87 gl-10 WITHOUT an ej swap ;)

Upload images to postimage.org and  link to them. It is free, no hassle. ;)

This is a more like "what are you GOING to do" to your Sube......

Dickering around today with what was an otherwise awesome stereo head unit [sony DSX-S200X with Tune Tray] came to find it would no longer perform the primary thing it was purchased for: read and control an ipod. And, for a unit that only saw about a total of maybe two months of use over the past two years, that is 

unacceptable. The damn 'Tune Tray' failed to open properly after the first day I owned it, but I was okay with having to pull it open by hand; not okay with it

failing completely to see any ipod devices, even if it can still read a usb drive.

Sony head units just plain suck anymore, from researching this they fail in multiple ways and often.

So, looks like I'm purchasing a nice Pioneer digital media unit today or tomorrow.

Yeah I know I got just over a month until I drive Uno, the White Sedan all across the country. Head, cam towers blah blah blah.

THESE are the important details:

112_0070.jpg

112_0071.jpg

The power steering bracket:

112_0073.jpg

Edited by MR_Loyale

Rotated the tires on the Pandawagon:

10556283_298977700274622_821969030786706

Pinch weld was already pushed over in that area, might as well use it to my advantage, right? ;)

Rotated the tires on the Pandawagon:

10556283_298977700274622_821969030786706

Pinch weld was already pushed over in that area, might as well use it to my advantage, right? ;)

It'll bang out. Ask me how I know.

Edited by MR_Loyale
  • Like 1

Chrome - it's what's for dinner.

112_0076.jpg

Got the heads in. First the passenger

112_0077.jpg

Then the driver side

112_0078.jpg

112_0079.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not sure I want to ask how much this work of art is costing....

But makes me realised how bad my engine looks

Edited by wagonist
  • Like 2

I'm wondering if it is trick photography , or do I see reflections on your honed bores ? Would thought hone marks would not reflect an image so good. Looks a bit shiney in there :( and, just checking, you have a new OP switch don't you ?

I'm wondering if it is trick photography , or do I see reflections on your honed bores ? Would thought hone marks would not reflect an image so good. Looks a bit shiney in there :( and, just checking, you have a new OP switch don't you ?

No trick, those hone marks are original to the car. Glad someone noticed that. I did lightly oil the cylinder to prevent damage on first startup.  Not a new OP switch but that pump is young. It has only 43k on it. That nasty old water pump will be replaced with a brand new Subaru one though. The other car will get the hand me down water pump.

Edited by MR_Loyale

I replaced the CV axle and a busted brake line on my 88 GL wagon, bled the brakes and now it is driving and stopping like normal again.

I also purchased a 1985 GL Wagon with only 133k miles and a great running engine, but some serious rust issues. I've so far replaced the tires and patched the biggest exhaust leak. New CV axle soon to follow.

Drained coolant, flushed, removed water pump, thermostat removed, removed crank pulley to find this..

post-38620-0-83890000-1405831177_thumb.jpg

Baked up some more parts and fitted them to the engine while the intake is on my living room table being dissected and cleaned.

112_0110.jpg

• Like 5

Baked up some more parts and fitted them to the engine while the intake is on my living room table being dissected and cleaned.

112_0110.jpg

That sure is pretty!!